Too early to start thinking Mr. Hockey?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockeygirl2

Too early to start thinking Mr. Hockey?

Post by hockeygirl2 »

About 5 weeks on with about 7 weeks to go before sections. Is it too early to start talking about possible Mr. Hockey candidates?

Top of my ticket today would be Ben Meyers from Delano and Blake Maclaughlin from GR.

An argument could be made for some of their line mates to. Others?
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Yes it is to early, Blake is a Junior.
hockeygirl2

Post by hockeygirl2 »

Sorry I did forget Blake is a junior.
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

Casey has to win this right? In the end, he will get his points and show why he is the best player in the state.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

I would put Nick Perbix high on the list. (Elk River defenseman)
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

possible list of 10 potential finalist....

Casey Mittelstadt
Nick Perbix
Micah Miller
Ben Meyers
Nicky Leivermann
Noah Cates
Robbie Stucker
Henry Enebek
Matt Anderson
Jacques/Sandelin (Hermantown representative?)
redtundra

Post by redtundra »

InYourFace09 wrote:possible list of 10 potential finalist....

Casey Mittelstadt
Nick Perbix
Micah Miller
Ben Meyers
Nicky Leivermann
Noah Cates
Robbie Stucker
Henry Enebek
Matt Anderson
Jacques/Sandelin (Hermantown representative?)
Great start! Other possibilities I can think of: Nolan Sullivan (EP), Sam Huff (MG), Bauer Neudecker (SLP), Jake Begley (HM- do they take goalies for Mr. Hockey? Can't remember), Luke Manning (Stil.), Jax Murray (Elk), Dalton Weigel (Breck). Matt Anderson would be a top 3 player period, but has been out much of the year with an injury.
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

How many times did a single A player win the award?
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Mnhockeys wrote:How many times did a single A player win the award?
Last one was Pohl in 1998,

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Clarkkent

Post by Clarkkent »

The only 1st rounder in the state will win period.
Bonin2121

Post by Bonin2121 »

Mittelstadt should win it but it wouldn't be because he's the only first round senior in the state. See 2008.
hockeygirl2

Post by hockeygirl2 »

Is it right to think that scouts and colleges coaches select Mr. hockey and not the high school coaches, other than any lobbying they may do?

I just hope who ever wins Mr Hockey this year will be because he earned it and not just because a player is supposed to win it. Should be interesting next 1 1/2 months
redtundra

Post by redtundra »

Couldn't agree more, HG. Let's not anoint anyone. What if CM got hurt and was out for a month. Is he still an automatic winner? Silly. Let's let it play out, discuss some great players and their accomplishments, and decide at the right time.
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

redtundra wrote:Couldn't agree more, HG. Let's not anoint anyone. What if CM got hurt and was out for a month. Is he still an automatic winner? Silly. Let's let it play out, discuss some great players and their accomplishments, and decide at the right time.
So then don't anoint Ben Meyers and a guy that is not eligible to win the award this year....
redtundra

Post by redtundra »

InYourFace09 wrote:
redtundra wrote:Couldn't agree more, HG. Let's not anoint anyone. What if CM got hurt and was out for a month. Is he still an automatic winner? Silly. Let's let it play out, discuss some great players and their accomplishments, and decide at the right time.
So then don't anoint Ben Meyers and a guy that is not eligible to win the award this year....
Agree and I didn't. Maybe confused with someone else.. On a different note, does anyone know where Jack Harris from Prior Lake is? I see he is on their roster but has not played in any games. Is there an injury? That kid had a bright future a time ago..
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

redtundra wrote:
InYourFace09 wrote:
Agree and I didn't. Maybe confused with someone else.. On a different note, does anyone know where Jack Harris from Prior Lake is? I see he is on their roster but has not played in any games. Is there an injury? That kid had a bright future a time ago..
Wasn't talking about you, HG wanted to point out Meyers as a favorite and we pointed out CM. Anyone could get hurt like you said.

Dont see Harris on the USHL roster either....
redtundra

Post by redtundra »

Agree and I didn't. Maybe confused with someone else.. On a different note, does anyone know where Jack Harris from Prior Lake is? I see he is on their roster but has not played in any games. Is there an injury? That kid had a bright future a time ago..[/quote]

Wasn't talking about you, HG wanted to point out Meyers as a favorite and we pointed out CM. Anyone could get hurt like you said.

Dont see Harris on the USHL roster either....[/quote]

No worries! I forgot how the post started... Harris is an interesting one. I think he's about 6'2" or 6'3" and was a pretty skilled Defenseman. Those guys usually don't just fade away...
Hermhawkey

Post by Hermhawkey »

Judging by the number of NHL scouts at Hermantown games...I would throw Dylan Samberg in the discussion. Chatted with one scout, he said to expect every team watching him.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

Hermhawkey wrote:Judging by the number of NHL scouts at Hermantown games...I would throw Dylan Samberg in the discussion. Chatted with one scout, he said to expect every team watching him.
It's been almost 20 years since a Class A kid won it, and that was a special circumstance. He's not in the discussion.
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

Jeffy95 wrote:
Hermhawkey wrote:Judging by the number of NHL scouts at Hermantown games...I would throw Dylan Samberg in the discussion. Chatted with one scout, he said to expect every team watching him.
It's been almost 20 years since a Class A kid won it, and that was a special circumstance. He's not in the discussion.
Add the fact that he is also in Class A, and on the blue line. Very unlikely that he is even in the top 10.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

InYourFace09 wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
Add the fact that he is also in Class A, and on the blue line. Very unlikely that he is even in the top 10.
Why would you crush Hermhawkey's hopes and dreams so close to Christmas?
The U invented swagger.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
InYourFace09 wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote: It's been almost 20 years since a Class A kid won it, and that was a special circumstance. He's not in the discussion.
Why would you crush Hermhawkey's hopes and dreams so close to Christmas?
Lol, Herm will be okay. He knows the drill in Hermantown. It's all about Bruce!
Hermhawkey

Post by Hermhawkey »

CM will win....just adding an overlooked name scouts are not.
Hermhawkey

Post by Hermhawkey »

Samberg 2nd only to CM on central scouting list amongst MN high school players. Projected 2/3 round. Apparently they don't scoff at A school players like some self appointed experts here do.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

Hermhawkey wrote:Samberg 2nd only to CM on central scouting list amongst MN high school players. Projected 2/3 round. Apparently they don't scoff at A school players like some self appointed experts here do.
Look at the bright side. You don't want the Hawks 1st Mr. Hockey to be an open-enrollee from Proctor do you?