Most boring sections: 7A

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

greenwayraider

Most boring sections: 7A

Post by greenwayraider »

I was hoping some of the QF matchups would be entertaining but none were. I actually think Virginia will give Hermantown its most difficult game but it more than likely still go into runnng. Tomberin and Clafton have a difficult situation. How do you motivate your team when Hermantown is next up. If they both can it will be a great game Saturday night.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

I'm really looking forward to the late game tomorrow...two rivals who split during the regular season who should be able to put on a good show. The games involving a certain team may be boring, but this one should be a thriller, and I have a soft spot for both of them after I wrote this thing that got a ton of views up in that area after their December meeting: https://apatientcycle.com/2016/12/15/fu ... ssibility/

And hopefully surging Virginia can at least make it somewhat interesting against Hermantown.

Shameless self-promotion: I'll be covering both these games for the Hub.
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

Karl, to get a full appreciation of the Hibbing/Greenway rivalry purchase the scrapbbok put together that chronicles Greenway's 1967 march to the state championship. Greenway played Hibbing five times. winning four of them by one goal and tied the other. The book contains articles and photos from the Hibbing Daily Tribune, the Duluth News Tribune, the Minneapolis Star and the St. Paul Pioneer Press. All proceeds go to charity.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

greenwayraider wrote:Karl, to get a full appreciation of the Hibbing/Greenway rivalry purchase the scrapbbok put together that chronicles Greenway's 1967 march to the state championship. Greenway played Hibbing five times. winning four of them by one goal and tied the other. The book contains articles and photos from the Hibbing Daily Tribune, the Duluth News Tribune, the Minneapolis Star and the St. Paul Pioneer Press. All proceeds go to charity.
Love Hibbing and Greenway both. The history of the programs speak for themselves. They embody everything that is great about High School Hockey. Hermantown is an absolute disgrace to the game. We'll all be cheering for this game. This is the real 7A section Championshop!
blueblood

7A

Post by blueblood »

Gov Dayton may need to call out National Guard to prevent any shenanigans if Hermantown doesn't opt up.
rainier

Post by rainier »

I'm late to the party, but the Hibbing-Greenway game was fantastic. Very tight game between two closely matched teams. Greenway played great team defense and their goalie was strong. I felt bad for the Hibbing kids but it was neat to see Greenway reach the 7A title game just a few years after there was talk of disbanding their program.

Congrats Raiders, time for another Miracle on Ice!
"You can't triple stamp a double stamp." -Harry Dunn