The "Blind Placement" Section 5A Title Game

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

bardown27

Re: The "Blind Placement" Section 5A Title Game

Post by bardown27 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:23 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:Chisago knew/thought they were going to be weaker this year and obviously found this a way to bolster their ranks. Their exchange student netted the eventual game winner against North Branch and has been on big scoring run the last few games. Somebody in the program searched in this Information Age and knew what was coming..
the kid has 11 points all year and only 2 goals, BIG scoring run the last few games... :roll:

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:25 pm

InYourFace09 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:Anybody with a brain could see what is going on when it happens every year.. You don't have to go out on a limb.. Crooked and low!!

People are on it!

Easy to find their info if you google their names or go on hockey prospects.. So your "please send us a stud" is working like you describe!
I know it. Kid is probably missing sections because he is up trying out for the London knights or something. That or MAML felt it most appropriate to give Princeton a chance and not play their hot shot prized possession recruit who had nothing to do with your season ender Saturday.

Either way you're reaching hard for something that may or may not have any relevance. Either way it's making my day fly by.
Did you say "May"?? Baby steps going on for you!!

Obvious for others..
Must be getting some "prized" recruits with all of their recent success! :lol: :lol:
They upped their recruiting efforts this year! Some didn't pan out as advertised in the catalog..
:lol:
They lost all rational in this year's attempted trophy grab..

InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:28 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
InYourFace09 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:Anybody with a brain could see what is going on when it happens every year.. You don't have to go out on a limb.. Crooked and low!!

People are on it!

Easy to find their info if you google their names or go on hockey prospects.. So your "please send us a stud" is working like you describe!
I know it. Kid is probably missing sections because he is up trying out for the London knights or something. That or MAML felt it most appropriate to give Princeton a chance and not play their hot shot prized possession recruit who had nothing to do with your season ender Saturday.

Either way you're reaching hard for something that may or may not have any relevance. Either way it's making my day fly by.

Obvious for others..
Must be getting some "prized" recruits with all of their recent success! :lol: :lol:
They upped their recruiting efforts this year! Some didn't pan out as advertised in the catalog..
Just enjoy watching them at the X!!! :lol: :lol:

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:38 pm

bardown27 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:Chisago knew/thought they were going to be weaker this year and obviously found this a way to bolster their ranks. Their exchange student netted the eventual game winner against North Branch and has been on big scoring run the last few games. Somebody in the program searched in this Information Age and knew what was coming..
the kid has 11 points all year and only 2 goals, BIG scoring run the last few games... :roll:
8 of those in the last seven games.. Including the game winning goal against North Branch..

But this isn't the point.. Somebody looked for a hockey player..

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:41 pm

InYourFace09 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
InYourFace09 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:

People are on it!

Obvious for others..
Will they all have bags on their heads? :lol:

The true section title game will be Princeton - North Branch :wink:

InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:43 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
InYourFace09 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
InYourFace09 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:

People are on it!

Obvious for others..
Will they all have bags on their heads? :lol:

The true section title game will be Princeton - North Branch :wink:
This the first ever "recruiting" you have seen in High School Hockey? Welcome to Minnesota hockey, and he moved in to the district, legal.

Ask Hermantown how it is done :lol:

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:49 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:All MHSL "Blind Placement" rules point to obvious recruiting, by these schools, to strengthen their hockey programs.

Monticello is the biggest violator having one of their best players being an exchange student most years out of the last ten+. This shows 100% proof of hard driven recruiting!!! I know of 50 other high school programs that take in the same amount of exchange students and have never *blindly had a hockey stud fall in their lap..

Chisago knew/thought they were going to be weaker this year and obviously found this a way to bolster their ranks. Their exchange student netted the eventual game winner against North Branch and has been on big scoring run the last few games. Somebody in the program searched in this Information Age and knew what was coming..

Lottery odds are better than there being no recruiting here..

I've been hearing they might have to forfeit and wouldn't be surprised at all after reading the "Blind Placement" rules.

Ugly!
I think it's extremely doubtful that a school would be out recruiting foreign exchange students for a particular sport. Host families? Absolutely they would. But as long as you don't work for the school or are a coach, I see nothing in the rules against this after reading through them.

You can actually search potential foreign exchange students to host on the different organizations websites and find out their interests. CCI's home page starts out by saying:

Let us help match you with a foreign exchange student who shares your family’s lifestyle and common interests.

If you are a Hockey family, wouldn't it make perfect sense to seek out a Hockey player? Nothing to see here.
Host families are not allowed to seek out players for the benefit of the program.. The coaches have to notice they're getting a stud most years, too, and KNOW it's not ok!!

You put the spike in it for them!!!

Thanks!
Good luck proving that. Do you think they sent a letter that said, "Please send us a stud hockey player for the benefit of the MAML program?"

Was this kid the difference in the 6-1 win over Princeton? I don't see his name anywhere on the stat sheet.
They all could obviously see they were getting some of their best players every year.
That's what you're offering up to the MSHSL on your protest? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's going to take more than that.
So what your saying is you're not sold on his ever so compelling argument?
Of course not.. You both have at least a small connection to the program, like you've said.
Yes, I'm a huge Booster of the MAML program from up here in Duluth. Go Moose!

bardown27

Post by bardown27 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:59 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
bardown27 wrote:
8 of those in the last seven games.. Including the game winning goal against North Branch..

he has 7 points in his last 10 games, not 8 points in his last 7. and like you said earlier, you can look him up on elite prospects. what does that show? a WHOPPING 18 points over the last two years playing U17 hockey in Finland. 4 of those points came in the top U17 league, 10 points in the 2nd tier league, and 7 in the 3rd tier league. wouldnt be something i would throw myself at to recruit as a coach/family...

GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:59 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:All MHSL "Blind Placement" rules point to obvious recruiting, by these schools, to strengthen their hockey programs.

Monticello is the biggest violator having one of their best players being an exchange student most years out of the last ten+. This shows 100% proof of hard driven recruiting!!! I know of 50 other high school programs that take in the same amount of exchange students and have never *blindly had a hockey stud fall in their lap..

Chisago knew/thought they were going to be weaker this year and obviously found this a way to bolster their ranks. Their exchange student netted the eventual game winner against North Branch and has been on big scoring run the last few games. Somebody in the program searched in this Information Age and knew what was coming..

I've been hearing they might have to forfeit and wouldn't be surprised at all after reading the "Blind Placement" rules.

Ugly!
I think it's extremely doubtful that a school would be out recruiting foreign exchange students for a particular sport. Host families? Absolutely they would. But as long as you don't work for the school or are a coach, I see nothing in the rules against this after reading through them.

You can actually search potential foreign exchange students to host on the different organizations websites and find out their interests. CCI's home page starts out by saying:

Let us help match you with a foreign exchange student who shares your family’s lifestyle and common interests.

If you are a Hockey family, wouldn't it make perfect sense to seek out a Hockey player? Nothing to see here.
Host families are not allowed to seek out players for the benefit of the program.. The coaches have to notice they're getting a stud most years, too, and KNOW it's not ok!!

Thanks!
Good luck proving that. Do you think they sent a letter that said, "Please send us a stud hockey player for the benefit of the MAML program?"

Was this kid the difference in the 6-1 win over Princeton? I don't see his name anywhere on the stat sheet.
They all could obviously see they were getting some of their best players every year.
That's what you're offering up to the MSHSL on your protest? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess it's going to take more than that.
Of course not.. You both have at least a small connection to the program, like you've said.
Me too, from down in Southern MN. Will you be on the MAML conference call later this afternoon?? :lol:
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:13 pm

You guys obviously have a connection..

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:15 pm

GoldyGopher wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:

Ugly!

Thanks!

Me too, from down in Southern MN. Will you be on the MAML conference call later this afternoon?? :lol:
Yep, starts at 3:30. We will have a translator for our European contingent.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:26 pm

bardown27 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
bardown27 wrote:

he has 7 points in his last 10 games, not 8 points in his last 7. and like you said earlier, you can look him up on elite prospects. what does that show? a WHOPPING 18 points over the last two years playing U17 hockey in Finland. 4 of those points came in the top U17 league, 10 points in the 2nd tier league, and 7 in the 3rd tier league. wouldnt be something i would throw myself at to recruit as a coach/family...
Yep. 6 points in his last 5... Class A is tier 2 here and little Finland takes down the U.S. From time, to time..
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) #-o ](*,) ... Another guy with no connection..
Last edited by MrBoDangles on Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:33 pm

Was the one MAML exchange student dropped for sections? If so, it shouldn't matter.. He had an effect on the entire season..

GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:36 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:

Ugly!

Thanks!

Yep, starts at 3:30. We will have a translator for our European contingent.
That's refreshing. In previous years we have always had to use google translate. Should make the meeting go much quicker.

bardown27

Post by bardown27 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:39 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
bardown27 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
bardown27 wrote:

Yep. 6 points in his last 5... Class A is tier 2 here and little Finland takes down the U.S. From time, to time..
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) #-o ](*,)
first it was 8 in his last 7, now its 6 in his last 5. there were two dmen who had more points that him in the regular season. caudill has 5 in his last 5 games, lawry has 6 in his last 5 games. not like hes the only dman producing for them.

GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:39 pm

One kid doesn't make or break a team. GB

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:44 pm

GoldenBear wrote:One kid doesn't make or break a team. GB
Chisago Kid got the game winner in sections..

One player has made many teams... :shock:

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:48 pm

bardown27 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
bardown27 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
bardown27 wrote:

first it was 8 in his last 7, now its 6 in his last 5. there were two dmen who had more points that him in the regular season. caudill has 5 in his last 5 games, lawry has 6 in his last 5 games. not like hes the only dman producing for them.
He's the only recruited one...

Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 pm

For some reason, the image of Homer Simpson ringing his town crier bell really loud & shouting "Hear Ye!" is the only thing I'm picturing right now....

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:56 pm

The kid was left off the MAML roster for sections?

He played the last regular season game..

GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:56 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:For some reason, the image of Homer Simpson ringing his town crier bell really loud & shouting "Hear Ye!" is the only thing I'm picturing right now....
lol

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Doc Holliday wrote:For some reason, the image of Homer Simpson ringing his town crier bell really loud & shouting "Hear Ye!" is the only thing I'm picturing right now....
My spidey senses sniffs another cheat..

InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:57 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:The kid was left off the MAML roster for sections?

He played the last regular season game..
Are you arguing with yourself?! :D

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:00 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
bardown27 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
bardown27 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
bardown27 wrote:

He's the only recruited one...
So it would be different if he was the leading D man for you..?

Low on common sense type folks..

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:05 pm

InYourFace09 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:y-The kid was left off the MAML roster for sections?

- He played the last regular season game..
Are you arguing with yourself?! :D
Any good reason to be left off the section roster after playing the last regular season game?