Centennial Vs Maple Grove

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Wins?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:43 pm

Centennial
53%
Maple Grove
47%

Total votes: 32

HappyHockeyFan

Centennial Vs Maple Grove

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Great matchup here, hard to pick a winner, I'll go with Centennial but I think we're going to see overtime here.
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
blueline8

Re: Centennial Vs Maple Grove

Post by blueline8 »

I like Maple Grove in this one. No disrespect to Centennial and if The Crimson are to win, they will have to earn it. MG has a very solid blueline corp with nice skill up front. They break the puck out very well and have strong senior leadership. They look ready and they are going to be tough to beat.
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

Difficult to choose a clear cut winner, but I predicted Maple Grove to take the section before the playoffs started, and I'll stand by it. The game is won late in regulation or goes to OT. They split the regular season matchup. Maple Grove has played a tougher schedule over the last month, beating Duluth East, and suffering a one goal loss to Elk River, so they're battle tested. Centennial tied White Bear Lake over the same stretch.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

I will go with Centennial 4-2 in this one. I have little knowledge of either team, just going with a hunch.
TheNightman

Post by TheNightman »

Maple Grove 5-3
Goldyismoldy

Post by Goldyismoldy »

Jan 5 Maple Grove wins 5-3 en
Jan 28 Centennial wins 5-0

Similar records and schedules.

Toss-up, slight edge Centennial.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

I think the current polling is right at about 50/50 with very slight advantage to Maple Grove.

Will be interesting to see if we get many more voters tonite.
blueblood

5AA

Post by blueblood »

Staying with my preseason pick - Centennial
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Gitter said on a different locked thread:

"My guess is 5AA would be seeded. If all favorites win my guess is you'd have something like:

EP
Edina
Stillwater

Then STA and either MG/Cent fighting for the 4/5 seeds. I think Moorhead, LN and DE/GR are left off if the above happens. Which would be great because I think all of those unseeded teams have potential to do some damage."

Gitter: agree with your seeding projections, with slight possible exception of LVN instead of 5AA winner.

Whether any of the unseeded teams could damage EP/Edina/SW is an open question. All the top 3 seem to be peaking.

Grand Rapids would be the best likely dark horse to advance IMHO, for example they beat EP and Edina in December and could do so again if they continue to play at high level again like last Saturday.

LVN beat SW in January , so they could be confident to do so again if they drew them in first round. .
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

This is a toss-up game, they split their regular season games, each winning on the road. Both are veteran teams, with strong senior leadership. Both have experienced playing a section Final at Aldrich, MG in 2016, Cent. in 2015. This will be a very exciting game!
Goldyismoldy

Post by Goldyismoldy »

WestMetro wrote:Gitter said on a different locked thread:

"My guess is 5AA would be seeded. If all favorites win my guess is you'd have something like:

EP
Edina
Stillwater

Then STA and either MG/Cent fighting for the 4/5 seeds. I think Moorhead, LN and DE/GR are left off if the above happens. Which would be great because I think all of those unseeded teams have potential to do some damage."

Gitter: agree with your seeding projections, with slight possible exception of LVN instead of 5AA winner.

Whether any of the unseeded teams could damage EP/Edina/SW is an open question. All the top 3 seem to be peaking.

Grand Rapids would be the best likely dark horse to advance IMHO, for example they beat EP and Edina in December and could do so again if they continue to play at high level again like last Saturday.

LVN beat SW in January , so they could be confident to do so again if they drew them in first round. .
I still have no idea why Stillwater gets #3 with their lack of quality wins.

Educate me.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

A few anyway: Prior Lake , Elk, and HF at Victoria
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

WestMetro wrote:A few anyway: Prior Lake , Elk, and HF at Victoria
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Goldyismoldy wrote:
WestMetro wrote:Gitter said on a different locked thread:

EP
Edina
Stillwater

I still have no idea why Stillwater gets #3 with their lack of quality wins.

Educate me.
I agree, I don't get it.
Goldyismoldy

Post by Goldyismoldy »

WestMetro wrote:A few anyway: Prior Lake , Elk, and HF at Victoria
THe Cadets and Centennial each have more.

I think, (for the first time :lol: ) Minnhock has it right.

Except no way East is above LN.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

I'll take the trailer parks over the country club kids. I've seen MG win one big game in the playoffs ever, and they followed it up with an embarrassing two and out the following week.

Both Tartan and Woodbury have a more storied state tournament history than MG.

I'll go with Centennial Prowlers 4-1
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Livestream on this one tonite? Toggle back and forth between 5AA/ 7AA?
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Apparently no livestream nor MSBN audio. Suggestions for audio?
Goldyismoldy

Post by Goldyismoldy »

WestMetro wrote:Apparently no livestream nor MSBN audio. Suggestions for audio?
In the realm of "to good to be true", Comcast North Metro TV is showing high school hockey starting Ar 7:30. No teams, and it doesn't say "live". It normally shows the teams, and the date they played. Little hope, but....
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

So, Goldy, that is neither of the FSN channels?
Goldyismoldy

Post by Goldyismoldy »

WestMetro wrote:So, Goldy, that is neither of the FSN channels?
No, 859 for me. Channel letters are NOMTV.

Of course I'm in the the north metro.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

MG 3 Cent 2 ....after one period.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

MG 4 Cent 2 ...after two periods
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

MG 4 - 3 Cent FINAL :?
What is a Green Wave anyway?
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Congrats to Mg, Huff amazing scorer! And Haider comes up big, amazing a freshman could turn back so many in playoffs