Section 2A: Breck vs Delano

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

skiumah

Section 2A: Breck vs Delano

Post by skiumah » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:19 am

Can't believe there's no chatter about this game. This appears, on paper, to be one of the better section finals. I'm looking forward to seeing this one tomorrow night.

Looking at the score sheet from last night, there's a Breck player who received a double minor slash and 10-min Game misconduct. Did anyone see this? A game misconduct slash :shock:

redtundra

Post by redtundra » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:26 am

There is no such thing as a 10 minute game misconduct. Most likely just a 10 minute misconduct along with the double minor. There won't be any suspension from a 10-minute misconduct - only from a game misconduct. Agree this is a BIG game that deserves plenty of chatter...

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:28 am

Breck 5-2
They have more forward depth and a great group of defensemen.

twincitiespuckmind

Post by twincitiespuckmind » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:30 am

Get there early, Parade is a band box.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:59 am

Breck 4-2

blueline8

Post by blueline8 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:38 pm

redtundra wrote:There is no such thing as a 10 minute game misconduct. Most likely just a 10 minute misconduct along with the double minor. There won't be any suspension from a 10-minute misconduct - only from a game misconduct. Agree this is a BIG game that deserves plenty of chatter...
According to the Hockey Hub score sheet it was a 4 min. double minor slashing, 10 min. unsportmanslike, and a game misconduct. Not sure if that is correct as I have seen innumerable mistakes on those score sheets.

skiumah

Post by skiumah » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:09 pm

blueline8 wrote:
redtundra wrote:There is no such thing as a 10 minute game misconduct. Most likely just a 10 minute misconduct along with the double minor. There won't be any suspension from a 10-minute misconduct - only from a game misconduct. Agree this is a BIG game that deserves plenty of chatter...
According to the Hockey Hub score sheet it was a 4 min. double minor slashing, 10 min. unsportmanslike, and a game misconduct. Not sure if that is correct as I have seen innumerable mistakes on those score sheets.
Hockey Hub shows he had 49 pts in the regular season. I'm guessing he's not a 3rd or 4th line guy.

If the punishment fits the crime, so be it. I don't recall seeing a game misconduct, if that's true, for slash.

gitter

Post by gitter » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:13 pm

blueline8 wrote:
Seems odd, as there would be no reason for a 10 minute misconduct if they assess a game misconduct on the play. The game misconduct would take him out of the remainder of the current game anyway (plus the next one)....

The Next One

Post by The Next One » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:43 pm

You can not get a double minor for slashing

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:52 pm

The Next One wrote:You can not get a double minor for slashing
Perhaps he double slashed.

The Next One

Post by The Next One » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Talked to a guy that was at the game. He thought it was minor for slashing, unsportsmanlike minor for his mouth, and then a 10 for continued mouth.

GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:18 pm

Delano 6
Breck 2
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

stromboli

Post by stromboli » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:23 pm

GoldyGopher wrote:Delano 6
Breck 2
That's down right funny

Yoopskater

Post by Yoopskater » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:16 pm

Delano will finally beat them, 4-3.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:06 am

Delano should win this game with their high end talent in addition to the best depth they have ever had. Forward depth is equal if not better than Breck. Plus Delano was missing their best defenseman (and Reed Larson candidate) #9 in the last meeting between these 2 teams and was still able to beat Breck by 3. #9 is a workhorse and very talented player that undoubtedly will shore up the Delano defense if people look at the box score from the earlier matchup and trust the shot differential that the private school dads keeping track of shots that game recorded

The only thing I am concerned about with Delano is that it seems some games they have had penalty issues. As long as Delano can avoid receiving 5 minute majors and killing 5-3 situations that have factored into a few games this year, they should win this game.

Delano 5-2 with an empty netter

stromboli

Post by stromboli » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:01 am

Hoping for an epic battle from each team tonight. It's a virtual draw on paper and should be a one goal game or maybe two with an EN. Either team has the talent to pull away though. If that's the case, it comes down to Delano's sharpshooters needing to bury their chances vs a Breck team that hasn't given up more than 3 goals to any opponent or lost a game since before Christmas.

Throw out the game from November between these two teams. It will have about as much bearing tonight as last year's early matchup -- in which they combined for a ridiculous 16 goals scored -- had on last year's finals.

This is as good as it gets for class A outside of the juggernaut from the north, which is a top 5 team regardless of class. It will be a packed house. Get there early!

Good luck boys! Go Mustangs!

And if Delano wins, we'll be cheering you on vs. H'Town. Much respect.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:42 pm

Does anyone know if any audio/video is going to be streamed online anywhere? Link would be awesome

stromboli

Post by stromboli » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:51 pm

Hermit wrote:Does anyone know if any audio/video is going to be streamed online anywhere? Link would be awesome
Most of tonight's games and the Delano / Breck game can be found on MSBN

http://www.msbnsports.net/

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:08 pm

stromboli wrote:
Hermit wrote:Does anyone know if any audio/video is going to be streamed online anywhere? Link would be awesome
Most of tonight's games and the Delano / Breck game can be found on MSBN

http://www.msbnsports.net/
Great, thanks!

skiumah

Post by skiumah » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:29 pm

Tickets on sale at 5pm. Going with a handful of neighbors. None of have a horse in this race. Just hoping for a great game.

Heading over soon for a good parking spot and tickets. Then walking to Sisyphus Brewing, right next to Dunwoody, for a few pops.

Nothing against Breck but I'll root for Delano. I like to see new teams at the tournament. Seems like Breck is there every year.

TheNightman

Post by TheNightman » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:46 pm

Delano wins 2-0.

sherwood

Post by sherwood » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:22 pm

Congrats to Delano on punching the ticket to the tournament..Finally!! Great game by both teams. All in all, I think Breck got outplayed which led to their 2nd loss of the year to Delano! Big Tigers fan here so I'm pretty jacked after falling to them close the past few years.

A quick note about the Breck coach..anyone else notice him trying to take away from the Tiger's celly by talking to the ref for a minute when there was 3 seconds left in the game? ..Truly an act of a poor loser who can't handle a loss with class. It's too bad.

Go tigers!

johntodd

odd decision

Post by johntodd » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:58 pm

sherwood wrote:Congrats to Delano on punching the ticket to the tournament..Finally!! Great game by both teams. All in all, I think Breck got outplayed which led to their 2nd loss of the year to Delano! Big Tigers fan here so I'm pretty jacked after falling to them close the past few years.

A quick note about the Breck coach..anyone else notice him trying to take away from the Tiger's celly by talking to the ref for a minute when there was 3 seconds left in the game? ..Truly an act of a poor loser who can't handle a loss with class. It's too bad.

Go tigers!
Not sure what the coach would be talking to the ref about with 3 seconds left...? Maybe he was asking if he messed up earlier by not pulling the goalie sooner. Curious why wouldn't he pull the goalie when the face-off was in the Delano zone? I believe there was about 1:37 left in the game and down 2 goals. He might want to consider coaching versus being a spectator.