Who Are the Most Physical Teams A or AA at the X? (Bangers)

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Which team is the most physical?

Grand Rapids
25%
Moorhead
No votes
Hill Murray
15%
Maple Grove
5%
Wayzata
40%
Lakeville S.
10%
St. Thomas
5%

Total votes: 20

RRubberbeeskit

Who Are the Most Physical Teams A or AA at the X? (Bangers)

Post by RRubberbeeskit »

I am curious to hear who you all think are the real physical mean and nasty
teams at the Excel this year. I thought that St. Cloud Cathedral played some very physical hard hitting hockey this season when I saw them. I did see the Spuds, Hill Murray and Roseau play this season but I would only consider the Rams a bit on the nasty side.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Depends on how you define things

Eden Prairie and Wayzata are both huge teams so they put up some big checks just by the sheer size, Eden Prairie is probably more noticeable since they are a faster team along with their size. Such as Johannes ,
Sullivan and Blackowiac

On the other hand, if you go by smaller kids forechecking in the offensive zone , I would have to rank Blake Mcgloughlin as one of the most effective for forecheckers despite his small size because of his tenacity if he is fresh and fired up. Brock Bremer for Hill Murray is another kid just like that

Moorhead can put on some checks

I haven't noticed much from STA

Lakeville South has a good DCorp which can protect blue line well

Maple Grove has gotten kind of nasty over the years, but I think the new regime might've toned that down a bit

Anyway those are a few thoughts, but my vote will be with Eden Prairie
kniven

Re: Who Are the Most Physical Teams A or AA at the X? (Bange

Post by kniven »

RRubberbeeskit wrote:I am curious to hear who you all think are the real physical mean and nasty
teams at the Excel this year. I thought that St. Cloud Cathedral played some very physical hard hitting hockey this season when I saw them. I did see the Spuds, Hill Murray and Roseau play this season but I would only consider the Rams a bit on the nasty side.
Hermantown is very thick and talented. They would out physical and talent every team in either A or AA.
RRubberbeeskit

Post by RRubberbeeskit »

WestMetro wrote:Depends on how you define things

Eden Prairie and Wayzata are both huge teams so they put up some big checks just by the sheer size, Eden Prairie is probably more noticeable since they are a faster team along with their size. Such as Johannes ,
Sullivan and Blackowiac

On the other hand, if you go by smaller kids forechecking in the offensive zone , I would have to rank Blake Mcgloughlin as one of the most effective for forecheckers despite his small size because of his tenacity if he is fresh and fired up. Brock Bremer for Hill Murray is another kid just like that

Moorhead can put on some checks

I haven't noticed much from STA

Lakeville South has a good DCorp which can protect blue line well

Maple Grove has gotten kind of nasty over the years, but I think the new regime might've toned that down a bit

Anyway those are a few thoughts, but my vote will be with Eden Prairie
WestMetro, Thanks for your insight. I don't get many opportunities to see these AA teams play until the big dance at the X. IMO slowing down a team like the Spuds or any of these finesse type fast smaller teams, hard hitting physical grinders are more effective. I would not be a bit surprised to see HM come with a more physical game vs the Spuds.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Well yes, the Pioneers showed some physical play last night against SW

And of course, Spuds just saw Pioneers a couple weeks ago---a great game!

Spuds know one of Pioneers top kids from Section 8, all the way thru bantams!
Bigcat99

Post by Bigcat99 »

WestMetro wrote:
On the other hand, if you go by smaller kids forechecking in the offensive zone , I would have to rank Blake Mcgloughlin as one of the most effective for forecheckers despite his small size because of his tenacity if he is fresh and fired up.
Blake learned everything about forechecking from #10 on GR.. Burnsie is an animal that claims he weighs a full 150... hosed down in full gear.
It is what it is!
TooManyEagles

Post by TooManyEagles »

Wayzata still winning based on Hammerin' Hank's legacy
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

kniven wrote:
RRubberbeeskit wrote:I am curious to hear who you all think are the real physical mean and nasty
Hermantown is very thick and talented. They would out physical and talent every team in either A or AA.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ You will never know but can always keep dreaming!
Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister »

edgeless2 wrote:
kniven wrote:
Agreed. Slow down with the man crushes
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

Rocketwrister wrote:
edgeless2 wrote:
kniven wrote: Hermantown is very thick and talented. They would out physical and talent every team in either A or AA.
Agreed. Slow down with the man crushes
Htown's record against AA tournament teams this year was 1-1-1. Beat Grand Rapids 4-3, lost to Wayzata 5-1 and tied Lakeville South 1-1.