State Press Coverage (Or Lack Thereof) 2017

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

karl(east)

State Press Coverage (Or Lack Thereof) 2017

Post by karl(east) »

Well, due to a bureaucratic snafu, I'm going to be in the stands for the Tourney this year, not in the press box as I have been for the past five seasons. For now, I'll take the high road rather than griping about this, and try to make the best of it. I'm not going to allow this garbage to ruin one of the most enjoyable weeks of the year. Sorry to all of you who have expected comments from press conferences and so on over the past few years.

I'm happy to meet up with any forum members, either between sessions or doing games as time allows. Twitter is the easiest way to reach me, but I'll try to monitor my forum PMs, etc., too. I always welcome chances to meet up with friends from here, and we'll have our usual meet-up on Saturday afternoon on the McGovern's back patio after the Class A championship...feel free to join. I'll try to wear my YHH jacket and East cap to make myself identifiable. Any friends of the forum and/or podcast are welcome to join the fun--seriously, it's not the same without your engagement and support.

Blog preview here, including all my major storylines and the quarterfinal capsules I posted in the individual game threads: https://apatientcycle.com/2017/03/06/st ... view-2017/

Happy Tourney week to you all!
Last edited by karl(east) on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
SFA1992

Post by SFA1992 »

Sorry to hear man. Looking forward to the coverage regardless!
Goldyismoldy

Post by Goldyismoldy »

Karl is on his way!

507Ole

Post by 507Ole »

Karl - inquiring minds want to know. What happened?
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

507Ole wrote:Karl - inquiring minds want to know. What happened?
Can't imagine why they won't let Karl into the press box...someone who has done SO MUCH promoting HS Hockey the past decade! Freaking buracreats...Get a clue!!!
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

There's a lot I would like to say (and did say via email yesterday, and will continue to press going forward), but I'm going to play nice in the hope that I don't burn any bridges (especially for Tony/YHH's sake. Come find me this weekend if you want the whole story in person.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

karl(east) wrote:There's a lot I would like to say (and did say via email yesterday, and will continue to press going forward), but I'm going to play nice in the hope that I don't burn any bridges (especially for Tony/YHH's sake. Come find me this weekend if you want the whole story in person.
They denied North Star Football News from the football playoffs. Seem to be fickle, even denouncing the all hair team as not part of what they associate with in their tournament.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Maybe you should talk to Kelm-Helgen and Mondale. :idea:
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

BodyShots wrote:Maybe you should talk to Kelm-Helgen and Mondale. :idea:
Now that is funny, keep em coming.
kicksave33

Post by kicksave33 »

If there's a lot to say, then say it. This is the internet (and an obscure corner of it, no less).
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

Karl is to humble. I will tell you what happened. I saw it live. 1) They didn't like his pea coat and he wasn't wearing anything under it 2) He smelled like bourbon 3) He called Plante a communist soccer mom trophy chaser 4) He brought his own cookies and refused to share 5) He tried to sneak in Danny disguised as the MAML mascot and 6) The clincher that got him the heave ho! He said he knew Elliott! Karl, you name dropper you should have known. GB
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

GoldenBear wrote:Karl is to humble. I will tell you what happened. I saw it live. 1) They didn't like his pea coat and he wasn't wearing anything under it 2) He smelled like bourbon 3) He called Plante a communist soccer mom trophy chaser 4) He brought his own cookies and refused to share 5) He tried to sneak in Danny disguised as the MAML mascot and 6) The clincher that got him the heave ho! He said he knew Elliott! Karl, you name dropper you should have known. GB
Among the best posts I've ever read. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And it's all true.

(Though if Mark Parrish can say what he said about Plante and still get credentialed...)

And yes, I do need to track down some friends with the metropolitan stadium whatever...

FYI, Danny, Tony and I are filming 1-minute reaction segments to games and posting them directly to Twitter.
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

I won't tell anyone else if you promise to meet me for a beer at the Liffy sometime this weekend; it's ok if you bring Danny. I owe Green4 a beer too for the weekly contest. GB
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Did you tell them it was E L L I O T T, with two T's?

Geez, I can't believe dropping my name did not work.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

And we are the state of hockey?
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

I remember when they wouldn't let a kid from the Austin school paper take pictures of his own team playing because he didn't have his credentials in on time.

With two upsets in two games I am going to miss Karl's post game interview synopsis of the coach remarks.
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

MSHSL tightened up its credential policy this year. The Guillotine web site forum (that's wrestling, for those who don't know) had a few complaints last week about a couple of nontraditional media outlets that were not allowed press credentials this year, even though they have in the past.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Karl

Do both Tony and Danny have credentials? For how long?

How about Doug Hagen, if he can take time off and come?

Other bloggers?

(Any non traditional outlet people from MH, GR or someone else from Duluth?)

I wonder if my counter shadow West Metro Hockey Twitter has credentials. (Shouldnt he have cleared that site name with this West Metro first?)
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Tony has a photography pasd, and his regular writer does. We were led to believe there would be more.

Did hear of several other "non-traditional" outlets losing out or seeing dramatic cutbacks. I've tried asking why and have been greeted with silence. I will continue to ask why.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

WestMetro wrote:Karl

Do both Tony and Danny have credentials? For how long?

How about Doug Hagen, if he can take time off and come?

Other bloggers?

(Any non traditional outlet people from MH, GR or someone else from Duluth?)

I wonder if my counter shadow West Metro Hockey Twitter has credentials. (Shouldnt he have cleared that site name with this West Metro first?)
Just create a Twitter account and call it TheRealWestMetro. Then steal all his followers. :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Great Response Lee!

But Im retired retired retired, and not too tech savvy. Forum is more to my ability.

And gosh knows there are enough good blogger twitter sites now.

But I would give my patent/copyrights for that name to any worthwhile young up and comer

(And, it would have seemed that fellow should have come to me out of respect for a senior citizen of hockey watching, before pseudo-pirating my identity )