It's All About Goaltending and Defense

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Cougaralumni14

It's All About Goaltending and Defense

Post by Cougaralumni14 »

I could not be more wrong in my assumptions of the Lakeville South vs. St. Thomas matchup. I figured this was an easy win for the cadets and that Kelly was a solid enough tender for the win to be all but guaranteed. Holy cow did I underestimate DiLaura and the South defense. I thought picking the upset of Hill vs Moorhead would be plausible, but now looking at the games played in both classes, Moorhead is probably going to make it to the finals and Wayzata may win against EP tonight based on their elite goaltending and defensive talent. I'm guessing my bracket will be a complete train wreck after tonight. Anyways just sharing my thoughts and wallowing in my defeat.
Minn_Hockey

Re: It's All About Goaltending and Defense

Post by Minn_Hockey »

Cougaralumni14 wrote:I could not be more wrong in my assumptions of the Lakeville South vs. St. Thomas matchup. I figured this was an easy win for the cadets and that Kelly was a solid enough tender for the win to be all but guaranteed. Holy cow did I underestimate DiLaura and the South defense. I thought picking the upset of Hill vs Moorhead would be plausible, but now looking at the games played in both classes, Moorhead is probably going to make it to the finals and Wayzata may win against EP tonight based on their elite goaltending and defensive talent. I'm guessing my bracket will be a complete train wreck after tonight. Anyways just sharing my thoughts and wallowing in my defeat.
I wouldn't call Wayzata's goaltending OR defense elite. The goalie was elite for one game, and their defense is very good, but teams with elite defense and goaltending don't win 7 games in the regular season. Having said that, they could still knock off EP because who knows? That's why they play the games.
sherwood

Post by sherwood »

Minn_Hockey you should get your head examined the Wayzata Goalie Wascenko was a brick wall the last few games of the regular season and thru all the play-offs and State Tourney game! When you lose games 1-0 and 2-1 i dont think you can blame the goalie