Nanneism's

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Nobodyonya

Nanneism's

Post by Nobodyonya »

Don't mind Louie commentating on the game, but after they introduced Kyler Yeo Louie stated "best goal scorer in the state!" Really? Hey Louie have you ever heard of the last name Middlestadt? Again, like ever other year he had to throw in that his grandson just sent him a text. Wonder how many text messages the other commentators receive without us knowing. Wonder what he will say about Wayzata tonight beating Edina in sections
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Legend. Does a great job. Tournament won't be the same when he's no longer able.
Be kind. Rewind.
zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler »

Lost all respect for him with his string pulling shenanigans for his grandkids.
Trout

Re: Nanneism's

Post by Trout »

[quote="Nobodyonya"]Don't mind Louie commentating on the game, but after they introduced Kyler Yeo Louie stated "best goal scorer in the state!" Really? Hey Louie have you ever heard of the last name Middlestadt? Again, like ever other year he had to throw in that his grandson just sent him a text. Wonder how many text messages the other commentators receive without us knowing. Wonder what he will say about Wayzata tonight beating Edina in sections[/quote]

I believe he said the best STORY in the state. Staying and playing after his dad went to St. Louis... at least that is what I heard. Committed to his team etc..
Bluelightspecial-II

Post by Bluelightspecial-II »

Trout wrote:
Nobodyonya wrote:Don't mind Louie commentating on the game, but after they introduced Kyler Yeo Louie stated "best goal scorer in the state!" Really? Hey Louie have you ever heard of the last name Middlestadt? Again, like ever other year he had to throw in that his grandson just sent him a text. Wonder how many text messages the other commentators receive without us knowing. Wonder what he will say about Wayzata tonight beating Edina in sections
I believe he said the best STORY in the state. Staying and playing after his dad went to St. Louis... at least that is what I heard. Committed to his team etc..
Yes
Bluelightspecial-II

zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote:Lost all respect for him with his string pulling shenanigans for his grandkids.
Jealousy driven? For the most part, I believe the grand kids all held their own.
defense

Post by defense »

Lou Nanne definitely has his favorites when calling games. However, the more I listen to him the more I understand that actually his thinking is sound most of the time. Generally he wants the best teams to advance and do good things because it helps elevated the quality of the game and exposure to the world etc. He wants to see the top skills players advance and make headlines, he is not so much interested in a Cinderella or upset. To each his own. I think a good upset run is awesome for the tournament but it is good on a different level than what he thinks. I obviously do not know the guy and never have done talked to him about this, just my opinion.
zamboniexhaustinhaler

Bluelightspecial-II wrote:
zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote:Lost all respect for him with his string pulling shenanigans for his grandkids.
Jealousy driven? For the most part, I believe the grand kids all held their own.
Yeah, it's jealously driven. :roll: Pat response.

If only I had a kid that played hockey.....

Nothing to do with basic ethics.

And I''ll disagree with the kids holding their own, especially Tyler.

Mediocre, at best, junior career gets a ticket to the U.

Uh huh.
green4

Post by green4 »

zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote:

Uh huh.
I don't think you know Tyler's situation well enough since when he left high school. People ran Louie away from the gophers and now he is having a fine D1 career at RPI and Vinni is playing great averaging a point per game for a national title contender.
Nobodyonya

Post by Nobodyonya »

Trout wrote:
Nobodyonya wrote:Don't mind Louie commentating on the game, but after they introduced Kyler Yeo Louie stated "best goal scorer in the state!" Really? Hey Louie have you ever heard of the last name Middlestadt? Again, like ever other year he had to throw in that his grandson just sent him a text. Wonder how many text messages the other commentators receive without us knowing. Wonder what he will say about Wayzata tonight beating Edina in sections
If, that is the case my bad....damn hearing is going. I definitely have nothing against Louie. Spent time with Louie and mostly his son-in-law during summers watching our sons play hockey
zamboniexhaustinhaler

green4 wrote:
Bluelightspecial-II wrote: Jealousy driven? For the most part, I believe the grand kids all held their own.

Uh huh.
I don't think you know Tyler's situation well enough since when he left high school. People ran Louie away from the gophers and now he is having a fine D1 career at RPI and Vinni is playing great averaging a point per game for a national title contender.
I'm fully aware of his situation.

I also recall hearing he went to the USA camps even though wasn't initially selected to attend.

But maybe that was just a rumor at the time.

Or not.

:P
green4

Post by green4 »

green4 wrote:
zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote: Yeah, it's jealously driven. :roll: Pat response.

Uh huh.

I also recall hearing he went to the USA camps even though wasn't initially selected to attend.

Or not.

So you know of the heart condition that kept him from playing his freshman year at Ohio State? And then Ohio state not allowing him to play even after he was medically cleared during his sophomore year which is why he transferred? I'm glad the U is taking a chance on him and giving him the opportunity to play
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

I talked to Lou about Tyler a few weeks ago, when Lou was working the tables at his new restaurant

He says Tyler is good to go, once his year of eligibility delay has elapsed
Bluelightspecial-II

green4 wrote:
zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote: Yeah, it's jealously driven. :roll: Pat response.

Uh huh.

Or not.

My first assumption was spot on! If only you or your little guy could've gotten a break along the way. Who said life was fair? 😅
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

green4 wrote: I don't think you know Tyler's situation well enough since when he left high school. People ran Louie away from the gophers and now he is having a fine D1 career at RPI and Vinni is playing great averaging a point per game for a national title contender.

Or not.

My first assumption was spot on! If only you or your little guy could've gotten a break along the way. Who said life was fair? 😅
To quote mite-dad "God forbid high school hockey be fair"
The U invented swagger.
zamboniexhaustinhaler

green4 wrote: I don't think you know Tyler's situation well enough since when he left high school. People ran Louie away from the gophers and now he is having a fine D1 career at RPI and Vinni is playing great averaging a point per game for a national title contender.

Or not.

Keep telling yourself that.

Maybe then it'll be true.

To you.

Last edited by zamboniexhaustinhaler on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zamboniexhaustinhaler

green4 wrote:

Or not.

So you know of the heart condition that kept him from playing his freshman year at Ohio State? And then Ohio state not allowing him to play even after he was medically cleared during his sophomore year which is why he transferred? I'm glad the U is taking a chance on him and giving him the opportunity to play
Yep, I do.

All of which has nothing to do with his mediocre junior career.

Shouldn't have even been at OSU.

I'm glad grandpa was able to use his influence to get him a chance at the U.

Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

green4 wrote:
zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote: I'm fully aware of his situation.

Or not.

Yep, I do.

You may have inhaled too much exhaust.
The U invented swagger.
Cdale

Post by Cdale »

Lou is a legend. Love him on KFAN and the tourney. Can't rip him. Guy is awesome. Enjoy him while we have him.
Bluelightspecial-II

green4 wrote:
zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote: I'm fully aware of his situation.

Or not.

Yep, I do.

So is this a beef with Lou, or Tyler? Either way, don't let it keep you down. Keep working hard, you might catch your break. Lol!
Last edited by Bluelightspecial-II on Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

green4 wrote: So you know of the heart condition that kept him from playing his freshman year at Ohio State? And then Ohio state not allowing him to play even after he was medically cleared during his sophomore year which is why he transferred? I'm glad the U is taking a chance on him and giving him the opportunity to play
Yep, I do.

So is this a beef Lou, or Tyler? Either way, don't let it keep you down. Keep working hard, you might catch your break. Lol!
I'm confused. Are you talking about the Tyler Nanne who won 2 State Tournaments and scored 4 goals in the game as a defenseman in a State Tournament semi against Stillwater?
zamboniexhaustinhaler

Goldy Gopher wrote:
green4 wrote: So you know of the heart condition that kept him from playing his freshman year at Ohio State? And then Ohio state not allowing him to play even after he was medically cleared during his sophomore year which is why he transferred? I'm glad the U is taking a chance on him and giving him the opportunity to play
Yep, I do.

You may have inhaled too much exhaust.
zamboniexhaustinhaler

Yep, I do.

So is this a beef with Lou, or Tyler? Either way, don't let it keep you down. Keep working hard, you might catch your break. Lol!
Keep me down ?

Why ?

I don't even skate.

p.s. Lou.
Last edited by zamboniexhaustinhaler on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
zamboniexhaustinhaler

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote: Yep, I do.

So is this a beef Lou, or Tyler? Either way, don't let it keep you down. Keep working hard, you might catch your break. Lol!
I'm confused. Are you talking about the Tyler Nanne who won 2 State Tournaments and scored 4 goals in the game as a defenseman in a State Tournament semi against Stillwater?
Yep.

Hope this clears up your confusion.

Bluelightspecial-II

zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote: Yep, I do.

Keep me down ?

Why ?

I don't even skate.

p.s. Lou.
In life!

Because its obvious, you are going through life feeling cheated.

I know, you operate an old propane Zamboni!