7AA for 2017-2018

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

kniven

Post by kniven »

Stang5280 wrote:
kniven wrote:Who has a better chance of taking down East in sections? Andover, Elk River, Duluth Marshall, Grand Rapids, or CEC? Do seedings really matter this year for East? 12 Elite League Players = It probably really doesn't matter....The Greyhounds appear to be rolling now, and they are steamrolling everybody.
I wouldn’t bet on it, but the Elks are my choice as the team with the best chance to pull off an upset against East. ER has not been consistent, but their offense has shown flashes of brilliance and could keep up with East in a higher scoring affair. They seem to have more upside than Andover or Marshall, and could put things together for a few games and get hot.
Agreed. Elk River has the largest youth program by far in 7AA so they definitely have the raw numbers. I put Andover at 1 because they just beat ER 4-1. Marshall has talent and the inner city rivalry (anything can happen in those types of games. Rapids has the best goalie in the state and rival factor. elk doesn’t have the rivalry factor with East and East is in that programs head like an enormous brain tumor.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Shaping up to be a real computer battle to stay out of the 4 seed. CEC and ER most likely finish at 17 wins. CEC needs to beat class A Hermantown a loss to a class A team is not QRF friendly. ER has Blaine next week and tough road game at East and Hill Murray looming, favored in the rest of their games.
Marshall v Andover, St. Thomas and Hill, tough games. Andover will have to really slump to not get the 2 seed. Marshall can really scramble things if they beat Andover. Avoiding East until the final is the goal.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Andover, Elk River, Marshall, Grand Rapids,
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

kniven wrote:Andover, Elk River, Marshall, Grand Rapids,
Knivvsy, are you ok??? I see nothing after the last comma, is there more to this list? Or what is it.
kniven

Post by kniven »

it's all good. i was doing 10 things at once. Does the Duluth Marshall vs. Andover game today and the East vs. Elk next weeks winner or loser have any effect on the seading.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

kniven wrote:it's all good. i was doing 10 things at once. Does the Duluth Marshall vs. Andover game today and the East vs. Elk next weeks winner or loser have any effect on the seading.
Knivvsy, every game affects seeding, some more than others. Needless to say if Jim Craig comes in and shuts out East for ER it would be a good thing.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Let me ask you a question. What would have to happen for Duluth East to lose the #1 seed. Would they have to lose every game left on their schedule? Or would they still be the one seed. Give me a scenerio where they loose the #1 seed. I don't think they would lose it even if they dropped every 7AA game left on their schedule. 12 elite league players = dominance. Heck anybody can loose a game or two...
kniven

Post by kniven »

Andover beat Duluth Marshall 3-2 this afternoon.

Andover has no more section games so they will be the #2 seed.

Elk River has 1 section game remaining at Duluth East. If East loses that game, they still stay #1 seed but Elk moves to the #3 seed.

That is it folks. If Elk beats East, they move to the 3 seed. And everybody else fights for the 4th seed. It all comes down to 1 game for seedings. WOW!!
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

All games against AA teams carry the same weight. Section games mean no more or less. The QRF is updated every few days.
kniven

Post by kniven »

alcloseshaver wrote:All games against AA teams carry the same weight. Section games mean no more or less. The QRF is updated every few days.

It doesn’t matter really. Just give me a home playoff game. I don’t really give a snot who we play in the section playoffs :)
kniven

Post by kniven »

kniven wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:All games against AA teams carry the same weight. Section games mean no more or less. The QRF is updated every few days.

It doesn’t matter really. Just give me a home playoff game. I don’t really give a snot who we play in the section playoffs :)
http://www.minnesota-scores.net/classst ... 09&class=3
kniven

Post by kniven »

Question. If Dulut East played the Minnesota Wilderness in a game, what would it look like? Duluth East is as big or bigger than the Wilderness boys. 12 elite league players with size an skill with Randolph coaching. Huge edge to goal tending would be huge ad to MW. Running time for MW? Not even fun to watch? Could Duluth East even score a goal?? MW outshoot East by 50 shots?
SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan »

kniven wrote:Question. If Dulut East played the Minnesota Wilderness in a game, what would it look like? Duluth East is as big or bigger than the Wilderness boys. 12 elite league players with size an skill with Randolph coaching. Huge edge to goal tending would be huge ad to MW. Running time for MW? Not even fun to watch? Could Duluth East even score a goal?? MW outshoot East by 50 shots?
Its a different level of hockey, I am not trying to take shots at you but some of your points are insane. Its a different level, your point is moot
kniven

Post by kniven »

SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:Question. If Dulut East played the Minnesota Wilderness in a game, what would it look like? Duluth East is as big or bigger than the Wilderness boys. 12 elite league players with size an skill with Randolph coaching. Huge edge to goal tending would be huge ad to MW. Running time for MW? Not even fun to watch? Could Duluth East even score a goal?? MW outshoot East by 50 shots?
Its a different level of hockey, I am not trying to take shots at you but some of your points are insane. Its a different level, your point is moot
Ok.
hadenuf

Post by hadenuf »

I would like to see what people think about this. Spoiler must have a connection to the Wilderness to be rattled like that.
I have not seen them play but believe the Hounds would not be run out of the rink.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Very little intrigue this year in 7AA, 1 horse race. Any predictions on ER at East?
I will go with 10-7 East as ER usually puts up a touchdown on the top teams.
kniven

Post by kniven »

alcloseshaver wrote:Very little intrigue this year in 7AA, 1 horse race. Any predictions on ER at East?
I hear you. Duluth East clobbering every team in there way. They outshoot most by 20-40 shots. They are a beast from the East. I never get to see Elk River play from year to year. Duluth East has had few statement games this year, because they just dominate. This will be a statement game. They are so good they don’t have to save anything for the playoffs. Elk River hockey lots of pride though. The Elks will need A+ goaltending and play “no fear” hockey to have a shot.
SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan »

alcloseshaver wrote:Very little intrigue this year in 7AA, 1 horse race. Any predictions on ER at East?
Elks 5 to 1

East outshoots them 42 to 26

Perbix with the hat trick
kniven

Post by kniven »

SpOilerfan wrote:
Elks 5 to 1

East will outshoot Elk by a ton. If Elk shows up scared, it will be ugly in the score as well as shots on goal. Will Elk Rivers goalie be scared or want to kick some arss.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

kniven wrote:
SpOilerfan wrote:
Elks 5 to 1

East will outshoot Elk by a ton. If Elk shows up scared, it will be ugly in the score as well as shots on goal. Will Elk Rivers goalie be scared or want to kick some arss.
'

Elk River isn't afraid. This game isn't being played at the Amsoil Arena, after all :)

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
kniven

Post by kniven »

2-0 East up after 2 is what Twitter tells me. Not sure what SOG are for each squad. 4-0 now. Sounds like Elk had an assassin hired for the game to punish Hound players. The assassin got 3 penalties and was booted from the game. Meanwhile, Hound players are fin and never been stronger.

Hounds up 5-0. Almost over
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Loopy day for some of the 7AA chase pack. Marshall, fresh off its tie with Hibbing, pulls out a big win over STA. Andover's recent roll hits a bump as they got shut out by Maple Grove. Elk River did not acquit itself well in its visit to Duluth. Cloquet, meanwhile, is idle and has snuck back ahead of ER for the 3-seed in QRF; unless they beat East, though, Elk probably has a better chance to improve its standing based on remaining games. We'll see how high Marshall climbs with this win, too.
SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan »

karl(east) wrote:Loopy day for some of the 7AA chase pack. Marshall, fresh off its tie with Hibbing, pulls out a big win over STA. Andover's recent roll hits a bump as they got shut out by Maple Grove. Elk River did not acquit itself well in its visit to Duluth. Cloquet, meanwhile, is idle and has snuck back ahead of ER for the 3-seed in QRF; unless they beat East, though, Elk probably has a better chance to improve its standing based on remaining games. We'll see how high Marshall climbs with this win, too.
Not sure I understand? If Cloquet gets beat by East and wins the rest would that not get the 3?
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

SpOilerfan wrote:
karl(east) wrote:Loopy day for some of the 7AA chase pack. Marshall, fresh off its tie with Hibbing, pulls out a big win over STA. Andover's recent roll hits a bump as they got shut out by Maple Grove. Elk River did not acquit itself well in its visit to Duluth. Cloquet, meanwhile, is idle and has snuck back ahead of ER for the 3-seed in QRF; unless they beat East, though, Elk probably has a better chance to improve its standing based on remaining games. We'll see how high Marshall climbs with this win, too.
Not sure I understand? If Cloquet gets beat by East and wins the rest would that not get the 3?
Games against class A teams don't help you much with the QRF.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Duluth East AA
Proctor A
Grand Rapids AA

That's CEC's remaining schedule.

East
Andover
Elk
Marshall
Forest Lake
CEC