WHY MOST PEOPLE CAN'T STAND CEC HOCKEY

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:13 am

We hate HulaPapa!

(I should hate Edina, also. But I have been a fan of their winning program for such along time, I really cannot hate them.)

(And it should be noted that by hate, I mean cheer against them most of the time.)

Gilmore Tuttle

Post by Gilmore Tuttle » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:22 pm

Most people can't stand teams with a long-standing tradition of success. This rules out CEC.

grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Hula Papa wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote:Blue Collar program that opts up and competes with the Big Boys. The Chicken Hawks have the market cornered on Hate up here. Don't see that changing any time soon.

I'm pretty sure the Chicken Hawks opt up and compete with the Big Boys.
Wrong Hawks Grindian. We have the Thunder Hawks from Rapids and the Chicken Hawks from Hermantown.
Oh oh. My bad.
Getting off topic but with Grand Rapids High School Enrollment over 1,000 doesn't that consider them a big boy? I mean sure the really big schools are in the 2000's and pushing up to 3000 but I would say if your enrollment is over 1,000, you are a big boy. Not being a big boy competing with the big boys would be Roseau in the 300's. The AA cut off is in the 1,200 range but just because you are under that I do not think you are considered a small school.
Just my opinion.

Oh and Im not sure Ive heard people openly speak about hatred for CEC. Like never. I think there is no hate towards them and they are respected in the North.
Fair enough. I would agree.

SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Nope, not a journalist - must be a terrorist. Yeah, they hate people.

boblee

Post by boblee » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:05 am

I admittedly didn't read the whole thing, but the idea of this thread is ridiculous.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:07 am

boblee wrote:I admittedly didn't read the whole thing, but the idea of this thread is ridiculous.
I know. Its CEC not Grand Rapids.

boblee

Post by boblee » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:15 am

elliott70 wrote:
boblee wrote:I admittedly didn't read the whole thing, but the idea of this thread is ridiculous.
I know. Its CEC not Grand Rapids.
Grand Rapids shouldn't be the topic of any thread right now.

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:19 am

boblee wrote:Grand Rapids shouldn't be the topic of any thread right now.
Unless somebody starts a new one, like "Most Disappointing Teams of the 2017-18 Season". :oops:

Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:44 am

elliott70 wrote:I thought Esse was a very good coach that made the most of the talent.
With that in mind I have really enjoyed CEC Lumberjack hockey.
They are not on my 'hate list'.
Anyone that has fond memories of Corey Millen has a soft spot for Cloquet. I've watched them beat my HM team at state and I still cheer for them.

grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:25 pm

MNHockeyFan wrote:
Unless somebody starts a new one, like "Most Disappointing Teams of the 2017-18 Season". :oops:
How many teams could have 3 D1 commits leave after their junior year. Not sure I have ever heard of a team that did.

grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:38 pm

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:
How many teams could have 3 D1 commits leave after their junior year. Not sure I have ever heard of a team that did.
As a matter of fact- if you can think of one that did and had a great year after that, I'm all ears.

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:18 am

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:
As a matter of fact- if you can think of one that did and had a great year after that, I'm all ears.
Yeah, and up until this year, Rapids had the reputation that nobody leaves early.....

boblee

Post by boblee » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:36 am

Rapids isn't a disappointment based upon expectation. It's exactly what we thought.

TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:33 am

boblee wrote:Rapids isn't a disappointment based upon expectation. It's exactly what we thought.
Yeah I'm not sure how anyone could think they are a "disappointment" either. Not sure how many people care, I mean it wasn't that many months ago they won the state title. Also, I think GR is still a place that keeps their players. I think the 3 departures come with an asterisk, as in they already climbed Mt. Everest. I'm not sure how many top players on any team would be inclined to come back for their senior year after they already achieved their childhood dream in HS. Additionaly, this is a ridiculous thread. CEC is an underdog and has been respected for a long time for being a hard working bunch and playing AA when they could be in single A.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:52 am

TheHockeyDJ wrote:
boblee wrote:Rapids isn't a disappointment based upon expectation. It's exactly what we thought.
Yeah I'm not sure how anyone could think they are a "disappointment" either.
I get the fact that, going into the season, expectations were low, which makes it more difficult for fans of the program to be "disappointed". But so far this season they are not even a shadow of its former self, and I have to believe are falling way short of those low expectations. They have lost their last three games by a combined score of 1-22! How many defending state champion teams have ever done that? :roll:

Lumberjack

Post by Lumberjack » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:28 pm

Seriously Kniven? I've read your posts over the years claiming to be "for the kids" then you start a garbage thread like this (and as someone else pointed out were the first to respond). Let it go my man. Your guy left the program, time to move on. What Esse did for Cloquet hockey was great. He managed to eek out every ounce of talent from whatever line up he put on the ice. I grew up through the ranks of Cloquet youth hockey, and while I never played for him directly, everything I've heard coupled with the few interactions I've personally had with him have been nothing but positive. Has the program always been the most successful, no. Are Cloquet teams generally viewed as hard working, I would tend to say yes. For you to take pot shots at the community and program at this point shows how little you truly know about the history of Cloquet hockey, and speaks to your lack of character. Enjoy your sour grapes my friend.