Section8AA

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
elliott70
Posts: 13586
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Section8AA

Post by elliott70 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:31 pm

current QRF 1-1-18

Moorhead
St Cloud
Brainerd
St M-A
Roseau
Buffalo
Bemidji
Rogers

Lots of section games to be played.

For Moorhead to lose #1 they would have to probably lose twice.
They have St Mikes, Brainerd, Roseau, St Cloud and Bemidji.

The next three have plenty of games and could go anywhere from 2 to 5.
Very simply they need to win. Win and they get #2, win and get someone else to beat Moorhead and they have a shot at #2.

St Cloud has Bemidji, Brainerd (2), St Mikes, Roseau, & Moorhead
Brainerd has Roseau (2), St Cloud (2), Moorhead, Buffalo, St Mikes
St Mikes has Moorhead, Buffalo (2), St Cloud, Roseau, Bemidji, Brainerd, Rogers.

For Buffalo or Bemidji to move to 4 they need to win all section games except Moorhead (that would help) or have some one completely fall apart.

Plenty of excitement left in section 8AA - at least seeds 2 to 5.

O-townClown
Posts: 3995
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Post by O-townClown » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:18 pm

For sure a lot of excitement. Moorhead's section semi won't be a gimme. It appears there will be some very good game in late Feb.
Be kind. Rewind.

Stang5280
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by Stang5280 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:34 pm

elliott70 wrote:current QRF 1-1-18

Moorhead
St Cloud
Brainerd
St M-A
Roseau
Buffalo
Bemidji
Rogers
I realize that very few sectional games have been played so far, but how would you rate the teams based on an accomplishments so far? Personally, I would go:
Moorhead
Brainerd
STMA
St. Cloud
Roseau
Bemidji
Buffalo
Rogers

To me, St. Cloud and Roseau are the two teams with the most volatility, given the number of sectional games they have left and talent on hand, particularly Roseau. Buffalo hasn’t done much so far, but I think they should eventually jump Bemidji and could beat STMA in one of their two meetings.

elliott70
Posts: 13586
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:50 pm

Stang5280 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:current QRF 1-1-18

Moorhead
St Cloud
Brainerd
St M-A
Roseau
Buffalo
Bemidji
Rogers
I realize that very few sectional games have been played so far, but how would you rate the teams based on an accomplishments so far? Personally, I would go:
Moorhead
Brainerd
STMA
St. Cloud
Roseau
Bemidji
Buffalo
Rogers

To me, St. Cloud and Roseau are the two teams with the most volatility, given the number of sectional games they have left and talent on hand, particularly Roseau. Buffalo hasn’t done much so far, but I think they should eventually jump Bemidji and could beat STMA in one of their two meetings.
Looks good to me.
I could see any of the 2-4 in second and could see Roseau at 3 or 4.
I don't see Bemidji or Buffalo getting a home game in play offs.
I don't see Rogers getting out of 8

CornerBar
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:32 am

Post by CornerBar » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:31 pm

Not a ton of section games have been played, but the way I see it is:

1. Moorhead
- Duh.
2. Brainerd
- They have 2 big section games coming up against Roseau and St. Cloud. I'm not quite convinced yet that they're as good as some say.
3. St. Cloud
- They can clearly but the puck in the back of the net, but their goaltending has been suspect at best so far this year.
4. STMA
- They're 7-3. Haven't played anyone besides Rogers within the section yet, so tough for me to grade them.
5. Roseau
- Beat Bemidji 4-3, that's about it for the Rams.
6. Bemidji
- In my opinion, the Jacks are the biggest disappointment so far this year. If they can some how give Fitzgerald some goal support they could be dangerously good, but, until then, they won't make much noise.

GoldenBear69
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:30 am

Post by GoldenBear69 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:15 pm

End of 1

Moorhead - 0
Brainerd - 3

SOG - MHD-8 BRD-7

GoldenBear69
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:30 am

Post by GoldenBear69 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:52 pm

END OF 2

MHD-0
BRD-3

Shots on goal: Moorhead 20 Brainerd 13

GoldenBear69
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:30 am

Post by GoldenBear69 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:37 pm

FINAL

MHD - 0
BRD - 5

SOG - 32-22 MHD

alcloseshaver
Posts: 1472
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Met Center Press Box

Post by alcloseshaver » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:01 am

Was Sarsland on the bench helping the wizard this year?

Syd Barrett
Posts: 651
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:37 pm

Post by Syd Barrett » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:06 am

alcloseshaver wrote:Was Sarsland on the bench helping the wizard this year?
Sarsland heads south when the golf courses close. The Wizard of Aus is leading them down the Yellow Brick Road allz on his own!
=D>

Is the Emerald City within sight :-k

elliott70
Posts: 13586
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:19 am

Syd Barrett wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:Was Sarsland on the bench helping the wizard this year?
Sarsland heads south when the golf courses close. The Wizard of Aus is leading them down the Yellow Brick Road allz on his own!
=D>

Is the Emerald City within sight :-k
I am putting my money on the Worriers.

Stang5280
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by Stang5280 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:40 pm

GoldenBear69 wrote:FINAL

MHD - 0
BRD - 5

SOG - 32-22 MHD
Really a shocking result, at least in terms of margin of victory for Brainerd. Is the template out there now for beating Moorhead in shutting down the top line at all costs (which is easier said than done)? It seems like the Spuds have almost no scoring depth, and teams that can reasonably match up with that top group give them serious trouble.

On a side note, I noticed a Kvalevog on Moorhead’s roster. I assume he is related to former Bemidji and UND standout Toby Kvalevog?

jdh
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:10 am

8AA

Post by jdh » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:34 pm

He is Toby's nephew

Post Reply