The Hermantown Thread

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Goose21

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Goose21 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:29 am

Thunderstruck wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:47 am
Looks like Virginia-MIB gave the Hawks a game last night, I suppose there will be a calling for Virginia-MIB to move up to AA now, they pulled in 6 kids that open enrolled from Eveleth-Gilbert/ME and one defenseman that open enrolled from Ely/Babbitt all to play hockey in Virginia.
They are definitely too much of a threat for Hermantown in A :wink: :D
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck

Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:00 pm

Thunderstruck wrote:
Looks like Virginia-MIB gave the Hawks a game last night, I suppose there will be a calling for Virginia-MIB to move up to AA now, they pulled in 6 kids that open enrolled from Eveleth-Gilbert/ME and one defenseman that open enrolled from Ely/Babbitt all to play hockey in Virginia.
I'm thinking Hermantown should move down to Class B.

hockey59

Post by hockey59 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Corn Cobb wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:00 pm
Thunderstruck wrote:
LOL...I think folks need to keep in mind...kind of difficult for HT to get fired up to play VMIB...when your used to playing Tonka & Eden Prairie 😉🎂

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:28 pm

hockey59 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:06 pm
Corn Cobb wrote:
Thunderstruck wrote:
LOL...I think folks need to keep in mind...kind of difficult for HT to get fired up to play VMIB...when your used to playing Tonka & Eden Prairie 😉🎂
And the number of players they had sitting out with illness.
Pierce did not make the trip to Bemidji on Saturday and they thought he would be sitting out Mon - Wed this week.
5 others were sitting also.

kniven

Post by kniven » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:25 pm

elliott70 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:28 pm
hockey59 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:06 pm
Corn Cobb wrote:

And the number of players they had sitting out with illness.
Pierce did not make the trip to Bemidji on Saturday and they thought he would be sitting out Mon - Wed this week.
5 others were sitting also.
So Hermantown undermanned tomorrow night at Cloquet?
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

hermantown2000

If Hermantown moves up to AA in the next few year who should replace them in 7A

Post by hermantown2000 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:08 pm

Any thoughts on which team could replace Hermantown in 7A if they decide to move up to AA in the next couple of years. I would say move Cambridge-Isanti or St.Francis out of 7AA and put one of those two programs or Duluth Marshall in Hermantown's spot.

elliott70

Re: If Hermantown moves up to AA in the next few year who should replace them in 7A

Post by elliott70 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:38 pm

Currently 10 teams - lose one replace one from section 5(?) which has 11. Most likely Moose Lake.

Northernlakes

Re: If Hermantown moves up to AA in the next few year who should replace them in 7A

Post by Northernlakes » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:56 pm

Hermantown ''does not have the stones to move up.''

And Hermantown moving up to AA? Plante took the question head-on after Wednesday’s quarterfinal:

“No, we’re not going up to double A. So far it’s been up to me and what we do with our hockey program – our amateur people. We’ve been talking about it this winter a little bit but we only had 37 guys come out for our team this year. We kept 35. So we’re a little thin sometimes to be a double A team.

“Right now we’re on a good roll; we’ve had some really good players. We certainly could compete with [2A programs] right now but it’s not a thing that we can probably do every year. So we’re going to stay right where we’re at. I think it’s a good place for us to be.

" NO STONES "

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:06 pm

Hermantown ''does not have the stones to move up.''

You are in the wrong thread.

:roll:

kniven

Post by kniven » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:35 pm

hermantown2000 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:08 pm
Any thoughts on which team could replace Hermantown in 7A if they decide to move up to AA in the next couple of years. I would say move Cambridge-Isanti or St.Francis out of 7AA and put one of those two programs or Duluth Marshall in Hermantown's spot.
This should be in the Hermantown thread

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:37 pm

kniven wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:35 pm
hermantown2000 wrote:
This should be in the Hermantown thread
It is now. I moved the posts from the new topic into this one.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:44 pm

THANKS

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:49 pm

hermantown2000 wrote:
The only way that will ever happen is if the AA teams quit scheduling them. So in other words, it won't.

A more realistic question would be who replaces Eveleth-Gilbert/Virginia when they combine School Districts. Looks like that will happen. Knowing those two programs, they will almost certainly opt up to AA in two years. So there is hope that we can eventually add another Northern team to 7AA and boot a cities team. That would be Awesome for the Range and all of Northern Hockey.

kniven

Post by kniven » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:20 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:49 pm
hermantown2000 wrote:
The only way that will ever happen is if the AA teams quit scheduling them. So in other words, it won't.

A more realistic question would be who replaces Eveleth-Gilbert/Virginia when they combine School Districts. Looks like that will happen. Knowing those two programs, they will almost certainly opt up to AA in two years. So there is hope that we can eventually add another Northern team to 7AA and boot a cities team. That would be Awesome for the Range and all of Northern Hockey.
That will be awesome! EGV Bluedevils 👍. Kinda like CEC Lumberjacks. Before you know it, Hermantown will be left in 7A with proctor, north shore, moose Lake, etc. I have a feeling Hibbing, Greenway, and Denfeld will opt up for the same reason Duluth Marshall did. To rid themselves of the Hermantown joke being played.
Last edited by kniven on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zooomx

Post by zooomx » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:21 pm

hermantown2000 wrote:
St. Cloud Catherdral :twisted:

Goose21

Post by Goose21 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:27 pm

Although I don't see it happening anytime soon for a Hermantown move up, I would say the D- Marshall makes the most sense.
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck

ironranger2

Post by ironranger2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:29 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:
hermantown2000 wrote:

School boards from Virginia and Eveleth-Gilbert both need to pass a motion by the end of the month allowing for district wide vote later this spring. If residents from both districts approve, new school would be ready Fall of 2022. There has been no talk/discussion regarding extra-curricular activities yet. You would think if it passes, there would probably be a move to start getting all the sports teams combined sooner rather than later.

Combined school district would still be smaller than Hibbing in enrollment, but I am sure there would be some support to play AA if Hermantown continues to stay at A.

rainier2

Post by rainier2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:33 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:
hermantown2000 wrote:

If those schools combine, the total enrollment for hockey would be 985, about 30 less than GR. The schools that would combine are Virginia-Mt.Iron-Buhl-Eveleth-Gilbert-Mesabi East, correct?

Had they been combined this year, I think they'd be top 5 in A, but likely not quite as good as Hermantown.

Hibbing has had four straight years of kindergarten classes over 200 kids, so if they can ever get those darn Chisholm kids to stop playing stupid basketball :) , they could have a co-op enrollment of 950 at some point, which would likely mean a AA opt-up.

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:38 pm

ironranger2 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:29 pm
Jeffy95 wrote:
hermantown2000 wrote:

School boards from Virginia and Eveleth-Gilbert both need to pass a motion by the end of the month allowing for district wide vote later this spring. If residents from both districts approve, new school would be ready Fall of 2022. There has been no talk/discussion regarding extra-curricular activities yet. You would think if it passes, there would probably be a move to start getting all the sports teams combined sooner rather than later.

Combined school district would still be smaller than Hibbing in enrollment, but I am sure there would be some support to play AA if Hermantown continues to stay at A.
From what I'm hearing it has nothing to do with Hermantown. Different priorities for those Range programs. Those are two proud programs that would love to play at the Highest level, just like all of the Range teams. Greenway and Hibbing stuck it out as long as they could. Hopefully Hibbing can get back there at some point. EGF, Cathedral, Thief and Alex keep growing their programs and maybe they get there too. Looks like maybe we don't need Hermantown anymore. Maybe we should just let them enjoy their sandbagging in peace. Start a new thread on paths for other Northern teams to get to AA???
Last edited by Jeffy95 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:39 pm

rainier2 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:33 pm
Jeffy95 wrote:
hermantown2000 wrote:

If those schools combine, the total enrollment for hockey would be 985, about 30 less than GR. The schools that would combine are Virginia-Mt.Iron-Buhl-Eveleth-Gilbert-Mesabi East, correct?

Had they been combined this year, I think they'd be top 5 in A, but likely not quite as good as Hermantown.

Hibbing has had four straight years of kindergarten classes over 200 kids, so if they can ever get those darn Chisholm kids to stop playing stupid basketball :) , they could have a co-op enrollment of 950 at some point, which would likely mean a AA opt-up.
Not sure on Mesabi East. They would still have their own school district but I'm sure they would still co-op with them for Hockey.

greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:01 pm

I don’t foresee the East End Consolidation opting up unless they have sustained success at the A level and that of course includes the youth level. I also think Ely will end up co-opting with them. Hibbing would be a more likely candidate. 7A would change dramatically except for Hermantown winning it. The road to state would likely include Moose Lake and Pine City. Maybe Hermantown would finally be shamed into moving to AA.

kniven

Post by kniven » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:09 pm

greenwayraider wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:01 pm
I don’t foresee the East End Consolidation opting up unless they have sustained success at the A level and that of course includes the youth level. I also think Ely will end up co-opting with them. Hibbing would be a more likely candidate. 7A would change dramatically except for Hermantown winning it. The road to state would likely include Moose Lake and Pine City. Maybe Hermantown would finally be shamed into moving to AA.
Na. They’ve routinely had 7-9 Elite League roster players on their high school squad. AA schedule and X every year with their Players routinely going D1. Plus, their boys never leave early. It’s very impressive for any hockey program in the state, AA.

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:23 pm

greenwayraider wrote:

No, Hermantown's path gets even easier, which will insure that they stay in A.

I think if those two programs merge they will go right away. They both have good groups in youth right now and will have the numbers to do it. With Hibbing's population surge, they can get there too. Let's keep it going. Cloquet goes it with Carlton, they've done it before and can make it happen. Esko co-ops with Proctor. Proctor has 5 Mite 1 teams this year, their most in quite some time. Esko has 4. Proctor has the State of the Art facilities. It's doable. Denfeld is on an upsurge and hopefully can keep it going, fewer of their kids are leaving for Hermantown each year. Greenway needs to open up another line or two at the mines and get some people to move in. Also, have more kids. EGF, Thief, Alex and Cathedral. You're capable, let's do this. And there is your path to Two All-Northern AA Sections

7AA

East
Rapids
Marshall
Cloquet/Carlton
Greenway
Eveleth/Virginia/ME/Ely
Hibbing
Proctor/Esko
Denfeld

8AA

Moorhead
Roseau
Bemidji
St. Cloud
Brainerd
EGF
Thief
Alex
Cathedral

7A

Hermantown
North Shore
I-Falls
Moose Lake
Pine City
North Branch

kniven

Post by kniven » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:33 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:23 pm
greenwayraider wrote:

No, Hermantown's path gets even easier, which will insure that they stay in A.

I think if those two programs merge they will go right away. They both have good groups in youth right now and will have the numbers to do it. With Hibbing's population surge, they can get there too. Let's keep it going. Cloquet goes it alone, they've done it before and can make it happen. Esko co-ops with Proctor. Proctor has 5 Mite 1 teams this year, their most in quite some time. Esko has 4. Proctor has the State of the Art facilities. It's doable. Denfeld is on an upsurge and hopefully can keep it going, fewer of their kids are leaving for Hermantown each year. Greenway needs to open up another line or two at the mines and get some people to move in. Also, have more kids. EGF, Thief, Alex and Cathedral. You're capable, let's do this. And there is your path to Two All-Northern AA Sections

7AA

East
Rapids
Marshall
Cloquet
Greenway
Eveleth/Virginia/ME/Ely
Hibbing
Proctor/Esko
Denfeld

8AA

Moorhead
Roseau
Bemidji
St. Cloud
Brainerd
EGF
Thief
Alex
Cathedral

7A

Hermantown
I-Falls
Moose Lake
Pine City
North Branch
I don’t see the Esko/Proctor merger just because the girls program is proctor/Hermantown. Would proctor give the boot to Hermantown and Esko/Proctor for boys and girls? It’s interesting. I thought proctor an Hermantown boys would have combined awhile ago because the girls do. Makes sense. Hermantown wouldn’t need to build a new rink and would have 2 indoor sheets and lots of outdoor rinks

Bigfoot12

Post by Bigfoot12 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:44 pm

Why wouldHermantown ever merge with anybody, that is the dumbest idea ever, also your fantasy 7A and 7AA sections are just that FANTASY.