The Hermantown Thread

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

kniven
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by kniven » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:50 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:39 pm
kniven wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:58 pm
Jeffy95 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:40 pm
Hermantown Top 6 Points Leaders (Through 12/20)

Biondi 17
Virginia 10
Hayward 10
Ely 8
Denfeld 7
Proctor 6
I think everybody and there brother knows this about Hermantown high school hockey. That’s not my issue at all.
I just think it’s fascinating that one team could have five of the top six scorers be from other Associations. Never even seen that from a AA Metro team.
Well. That program attracts grade A hockey players. UMD feeder that competes with AA teams consistently winning those games more than they lose. State tournament every year. It’s a great setup.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

hockey59
Posts: 1700
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:01 am

Re:

Post by hockey59 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:01 pm

elliott70 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:55 pm
rainier2 wrote:
elliott70 wrote:I have a question for those in the 'know'.

How many players on this year's varsity roster do not live in the Hermantown school district?

How many started playing for Hermantown youth hockey in
Bantams?
Peewees?

How many came to Hermantown when they were in high school?

Not debating whether HT should play AA or A, just trying to see if all these kids that move in there are the reason they are so good.
Gotz and Watkins arrived as Pee Wees. Take them off this year's team and Hermantown drops significantly.
But not open enrollees. Moved to Duluth area for Dad's jobs and moved into Hermantown.

So where should they have moved?
East end of Duluth? Perhaps.
West end of Duluth? Not likely.
Proctor, Two Harbors, Esko?

Take them off the roster? Take Grannis off DM? Take Worth off DEast?
You can say that about most good teams?

Any others?
Elliott...for the one millionth time...a team that consistently places in the top 15 of AA PeeWee & Bantam...has no business playing Single A HS. It’s a complete disgrace & the powers that be in Hermantown literally have no shame. My God, my youngest son was fortunate enough to play in the AA tournament in 2016. Played in front of 19,000 fans, so did the Boys from gigantic Bemidji 😲 something NONE of the Hermantown players have EVER experienced. The Hermantown players are the ones being robbed of this experience by the administration. And pretty much being guaranteed a spot at Xcel each March, even if it is for the little trophy, obviously draws some parents & kids into the school district.

Jeffy95
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:45 am

Re: Re:

Post by Jeffy95 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:43 pm

hockey59 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:01 pm
elliott70 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:55 pm
rainier2 wrote:
Gotz and Watkins arrived as Pee Wees. Take them off this year's team and Hermantown drops significantly.
But not open enrollees. Moved to Duluth area for Dad's jobs and moved into Hermantown.

So where should they have moved?
East end of Duluth? Perhaps.
West end of Duluth? Not likely.
Proctor, Two Harbors, Esko?

Take them off the roster? Take Grannis off DM? Take Worth off DEast?
You can say that about most good teams?

Any others?
Elliott...for the one millionth time...a team that consistently places in the top 15 of AA PeeWee & Bantam...has no business playing Single A HS. It’s a complete disgrace & the powers that be in Hermantown literally have no shame. My God, my youngest son was fortunate enough to play in the AA tournament in 2016. Played in front of 19,000 fans, so did the Boys from gigantic Bemidji 😲 something NONE of the Hermantown players have EVER experienced. The Hermantown players are the ones being robbed of this experience by the administration. And pretty much being guaranteed a spot at Xcel each March, even if it is for the little trophy, obviously draws some parents & kids into the school district.
Elliott posted that last year, this is not current. His great nephew played on the team so he had a personal stake. I get that and fully respect it. But even he can’t defend it now. He will throw out snippets but they’re easy to rebuff. 5 of their top 6 scorers are non Hermantown kids.

Referring to the old post. Gotz kids did not come for a job change. Dad kept the same teaching job in Hibbing. Not job related whatsoever. Dr. Watkins is a great guy and a very talented surgeon. Super nice guy, I’ve met him a couple times and everyone loves him. But he did not move here for career advancement. They came for Hockey. Not that any of that matters anymore but I re-read Elliott’s post so decided to comment.

greenwayraider
Posts: 733
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:54 am
Location: Bovey

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by greenwayraider » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:43 am

elliott70 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:27 pm
greenwayraider wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:26 pm
Yes, last year. Haven’t seen any youth teams yet. Been hearing mixed reviews.
Bantam A's average at best.
Agree about the bantams. PeeWees are really bad. Squirts are decent.

elliott70
Posts: 13620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by elliott70 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:53 am

I have always said I would love to see Hermantown play AA.

northwoods oldtimer
Posts: 2649
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:09 am

on a brighter note we start gaining daylight tomorrow whoooo hooooo :D

elliott70
Posts: 13620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by elliott70 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:28 am

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:09 am
on a brighter note we start gaining daylight tomorrow whoooo hooooo :D
I can use it/need it.

northwoods oldtimer
Posts: 2649
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:11 am

elliott70 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:28 am
northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:09 am
on a brighter note we start gaining daylight tomorrow whoooo hooooo :D
I can use it/need it.
get out and walk that peak sun today elliott =D>

elliott70
Posts: 13620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by elliott70 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:21 am

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:11 am
elliott70 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:28 am
northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:09 am
on a brighter note we start gaining daylight tomorrow whoooo hooooo :D
I can use it/need it.
get out and walk that peak sun today elliott =D>
out the door in 5

northwoods oldtimer
Posts: 2649
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:03 pm

elliott70 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:21 am
northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:11 am
elliott70 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:28 am


I can use it/need it.
get out and walk that peak sun today elliott =D>
out the door in 5
Outstanding!! =D>

norcon
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:28 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by norcon » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:02 pm

Been stated many times before...AA schools need to do what coach Randolph does. Don’t schedule them!

pekyman
Posts: 540
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: Back 40

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by pekyman » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:21 am

Hermantown beat East about 15 years ago, East pulled out of the LSC and has not played HT sense. Nobody at that time would have demanded that HT should play AA Hockey. I understand EAST pulling out of the LSC, but not playing Hermantown again because HT beat them is BS. It is actually ridiculous that East will not play Hermantown. If anything has happened over the past 10 years is that HT has overshadowed EAST and covered up the crap that DAHA allows. East is the Hockey team of Duluth. If you are good in Duluth, you will play for EAST no matter where you live. I can list many East players that should have played for Denfeld but were added to the EAST roster. I also am friends with a lady who housed here nephew who lived south to play goalie for EAST. All the goalie talent that EAST has and the had to bring someone in from Kansas. EAST hockey program is a coward and will not play Hermantown. There is no excuse that makes any logical sense.

...Randolph

greenwayraider
Posts: 733
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:54 am
Location: Bovey

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by greenwayraider » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:13 am

The hockey program that is really “ a coward” is Hermantown.

northwoods oldtimer
Posts: 2649
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:39 am

greenwayraider wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:13 am
The hockey program that is really “ a coward” is Hermantown.
=D> =D> =D>

Dog
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:47 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Dog » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:33 am

pekyman wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:21 am
Hermantown beat East about 15 years ago, East pulled out of the LSC and has not played HT sense. Nobody at that time would have demanded that HT should play AA Hockey. I understand EAST pulling out of the LSC, but not playing Hermantown again because HT beat them is BS. It is actually ridiculous that East will not play Hermantown. If anything has happened over the past 10 years is that HT has overshadowed EAST and covered up the crap that DAHA allows. East is the Hockey team of Duluth. If you are good in Duluth, you will play for EAST no matter where you live. I can list many East players that should have played for Denfeld but were added to the EAST roster. I also am friends with a lady who housed here nephew who lived south to play goalie for EAST. All the goalie talent that EAST has and the had to bring someone in from Kansas. EAST hockey program is a coward and will not play Hermantown. There is no excuse that makes any logical sense.

...Randolph
And... IT emerges from its Jonestown drink induced slumber....

I've stayed off this thread because... really...what difference does it make? You can't de-program a cult like this. But this guy (who roots against other northern teams and demeans them...). The HT guy whining about what East "should do" "what's right" because it's "BS" that they don't, is just too rich too pass up!

So here's the HT facts: (facts are "truth" not the make believe, Hawk Davidian, earth is flat, stuff you guys learn):

*AA in youth and consistently ranked high. (BAA has been ranked #1 this year)
*You play 17 of your 25 HS games against crappy AA teams (like EP, BSM, MTKA, etc) and do very well (usually 2-4 losses). (If you guys hate high-tuition-paid "privates" so much, then why are you playing BSM, HM, Cretin DH and Holy Family this year? Every private it appears except the one you can't beat, even with a 3 goal lead.... STA)
*You gripe about the "privates" but aren't you a "free" private school grabbing players from all around the area (but still play at the A level)?
*You guys "scouted"/put feelers out for a goalie this summer from Cloquet, Denfeld, etc (but it's looking like you might be just fine with an actual "homegrown" HT kid).
*You just beat that "wealthy, just shy of AA" enrollment, #4 ranked Mahtomedi team 9-2.... 9-2!!!

Did you really just call East cowards? [-X

It must be nice to be in a cult because you never have to have any self-awareness of what the outside world sees. Pure blissness. What color is the sky in your world... yellow?

Btw, DAHA doesn't have a thing to do with what happens at HS. If you go to school at East, you play at East. You don't get "added to the East roster". Are you for real? You guys know all about the open-enrollment thing... right? You should, your roster has been littered with them over the years.

Not everyone is like you guys bringing kids in for summer "tryouts/ get-to-know-the-new-guy" sessions. I saw the new "homegrown" "movin' in to a 'better' neighborhood" senior kid posted early this summer for work-out sessions at HT. How was he able to do that when... they hadn't even moved yet or enrolled? Tisk, tisk. You might want to bury that paper as the MSHSL could consider it "tampering with a currently enrolled student". The Cloquet goalie must not have liked the session with the Hermantown And Surrounding Area group. I guess HASA isn't for every blue chipper in the area.

East didn't pull out of the LSC because of you. You're not as important as you think. There used to be more required conference games so they pulled out to go independent and add tougher games so they could compete at State better. (You know, like you all the way up through youth & HS regular season... and then move down a class...just before "playoffs", aka "banners").

Randolph will play you... as soon as you go AA. He's said it out loud in front of people. He won't be like your new Dear Leader Coach. (The one who "said" he'd go AA but then didn't get the right "A" banner so he must have become ill with "nocommentonAAitis" because he's mute since). If you care so much about northern hockey, like you claim you do, HT moving to AA would push a cities team, either Andover or Elk River, out of 7AA making it MORE likely a northern team would go to State). It's sure going to be fun watching that Plante group outscore opponents 84-1 or whatever getting to the championship game.

The Randolph "excuse" is this:
East doesn't care about you.  HT is irrelevant to East. They won't ever care about you. If you want to be relevant to East and play them, you'll have to go AA. That's the only way it will ever happen. Until then, they'll just snicker at how cute you are with your "we're the little homegrown engine that could" diatribe against East.

Does East have kids play for them that aren't "East" kids? Yep. But they play AA so some kids go there to play at the AA level. Just like Moose Lake kids go to Cloquet and some range kids go to Rapids.

Who is this anyway...Dowd...? Could be anybody I guess, except the guy who knows the most about hockey up there. You know who he is but probably don't like him... because he doesn't drink the Kool-Aid and speaks truth.

Dog
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:47 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Dog » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:52 am

And Pekyman, I used to root for HT at state (even when they played a team from another area where I knew a bunch of the players parents) because they're a northern team (all area type northern "A" HS playoff team now).
My rooting died when the whining started and when I saw what charade they were partaking in was slowly killing smaller programs in the area by taking their best players and still playing A.

I'll happily root for HT in the unlikely event that they ever go AA. It might take a while... but I'll do it.

kniven
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by kniven » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:08 am

pekyman wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:21 am
Hermantown beat East about 15 years ago, East pulled out of the LSC and has not played HT sense. Nobody at that time would have demanded that HT should play AA Hockey. I understand EAST pulling out of the LSC, but not playing Hermantown again because HT beat them is BS. It is actually ridiculous that East will not play Hermantown. If anything has happened over the past 10 years is that HT has overshadowed EAST and covered up the crap that DAHA allows. East is the Hockey team of Duluth. If you are good in Duluth, you will play for EAST no matter where you live. I can list many East players that should have played for Denfeld but were added to the EAST roster. I also am friends with a lady who housed here nephew who lived south to play goalie for EAST. All the goalie talent that EAST has and the had to bring someone in from Kansas. EAST hockey program is a coward and will not play Hermantown. There is no excuse that makes any logical sense.

...Randolph
Hey Peky Ding Dong..... wow! You are all alone aren’t you. I feel bad that you is blind. For Christmas, I want you to get some common sense. Happy Holidays, buddy 👍
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

Jeffy95
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:45 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Jeffy95 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:04 pm

pekyman wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:21 am
Hermantown beat East about 15 years ago, East pulled out of the LSC and has not played HT sense. Nobody at that time would have demanded that HT should play AA Hockey. I understand EAST pulling out of the LSC, but not playing Hermantown again because HT beat them is BS. It is actually ridiculous that East will not play Hermantown. If anything has happened over the past 10 years is that HT has overshadowed EAST and covered up the crap that DAHA allows. East is the Hockey team of Duluth. If you are good in Duluth, you will play for EAST no matter where you live. I can list many East players that should have played for Denfeld but were added to the EAST roster. I also am friends with a lady who housed here nephew who lived south to play goalie for EAST. All the goalie talent that EAST has and the had to bring someone in from Kansas. EAST hockey program is a coward and will not play Hermantown. There is no excuse that makes any logical sense.

...Randolph
That was Cute....

HockeyStorm
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:42 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by HockeyStorm » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:35 pm

[/quote]

And... IT emerges from its Jonestown drink induced slumber....

I've stayed off this thread because... really...what difference does it make? You can't de-program a cult like this. But this guy (who roots against other northern teams and demeans them...). The HT guy whining about what East "should do" "what's right" because it's "BS" that they don't, is just too rich too pass up!

So here's the HT facts: (facts are "truth" not the make believe, Hawk Davidian, earth is flat, stuff you guys learn):

*AA in youth and consistently ranked high. (BAA has been ranked #1 this year)
*You play 17 of your 25 HS games against crappy AA teams (like EP, BSM, MTKA, etc) and do very well (usually 2-4 losses). (If you guys hate high-tuition-paid "privates" so much, then why are you playing BSM, HM, Cretin DH and Holy Family this year? Every private it appears except the one you can't beat, even with a 3 goal lead.... STA)
*You gripe about the "privates" but aren't you a "free" private school grabbing players from all around the area (but still play at the A level)?
*You guys "scouted"/put feelers out for a goalie this summer from Cloquet, Denfeld, etc (but it's looking like you might be just fine with an actual "homegrown" HT kid).
*You just beat that "wealthy, just shy of AA" enrollment, #4 ranked Mahtomedi team 9-2.... 9-2!!!

Did you really just call East cowards? [-X

It must be nice to be in a cult because you never have to have any self-awareness of what the outside world sees. Pure blissness. What color is the sky in your world... yellow?

Btw, DAHA doesn't have a thing to do with what happens at HS. If you go to school at East, you play at East. You don't get "added to the East roster". Are you for real? You guys know all about the open-enrollment thing... right? You should, your roster has been littered with them over the years.

Not everyone is like you guys bringing kids in for summer "tryouts/ get-to-know-the-new-guy" sessions. I saw the new "homegrown" "movin' in to a 'better' neighborhood" senior kid posted early this summer for work-out sessions at HT. How was he able to do that when... they hadn't even moved yet or enrolled? Tisk, tisk. You might want to bury that paper as the MSHSL could consider it "tampering with a currently enrolled student". The Cloquet goalie must not have liked the session with the Hermantown And Surrounding Area group. I guess HASA isn't for every blue chipper in the area.

East didn't pull out of the LSC because of you. You're not as important as you think. There used to be more required conference games so they pulled out to go independent and add tougher games so they could compete at State better. (You know, like you all the way up through youth & HS regular season... and then move down a class...just before "playoffs", aka "banners").

Randolph will play you... as soon as you go AA. He's said it out loud in front of people. He won't be like your new Dear Leader Coach. (The one who "said" he'd go AA but then didn't get the right "A" banner so he must have become ill with "nocommentonAAitis" because he's mute since). If you care so much about northern hockey, like you claim you do, HT moving to AA would push a cities team, either Andover or Elk River, out of 7AA making it MORE likely a northern team would go to State). It's sure going to be fun watching that Plante group outscore opponents 84-1 or whatever getting to the championship game.

The Randolph "excuse" is this:
East doesn't care about you.  HT is irrelevant to East. They won't ever care about you. If you want to be relevant to East and play them, you'll have to go AA. That's the only way it will ever happen. Until then, they'll just snicker at how cute you are with your "we're the little homegrown engine that could" diatribe against East.

Does East have kids play for them that aren't "East" kids? Yep. But they play AA so some kids go there to play at the AA level. Just like Moose Lake kids go to Cloquet and some range kids go to Rapids.

Who is this anyway...Dowd...? Could be anybody I guess, except the guy who knows the most about hockey up there. You know who he is but probably don't like him... because he doesn't drink the Kool-Aid and speaks truth.
[/quote]

Post of the year love it!

O-townClown
Posts: 4026
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by O-townClown » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:26 pm

Time to grade these essays.

Pekyman, you get an "A". From the comments it appears your opinion didn't go over well, but mainly the feedback is just hostility and not topical. You've articulated how Hermantown would play Duluth East and the Greyhounds don't want this to happen...even going so far to call them cowardly.

Dog, I am giving your response two As, or fittingly a "AA". On one hand you empty the quiver with all the arrows for why Hermantown is just so unlikable. But there's more. Your second point, cleverly veiled throughout a long rant, is to actually confirm Pekyman's thesis. Yes, Duluth East is afraid of this game happening. Why I'm not sure, with rampant speculation as to the reason(s).

All I know is what would easily be one of the state's premier rivalries doesn't happen. Nobody should feel good about that.
Be kind. Rewind.

rainier2
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by rainier2 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:35 pm

O-townClown wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:26 pm
Time to grade these essays.

Pekyman, you get an "A". From the comments it appears your opinion didn't go over well, but mainly the feedback is just hostility and not topical. You've articulated how Hermantown would play Duluth East and the Greyhounds don't want this to happen...even going so far to call them cowardly.

Dog, I am giving your response two As, or fittingly a "AA". On one hand you empty the quiver with all the arrows for why Hermantown is just so unlikable. But there's more. Your second point, cleverly veiled throughout a long rant, is to actually confirm Pekyman's thesis. Yes, Duluth East is afraid of this game happening. Why I'm not sure, with rampant speculation as to the reason(s).

All I know is what would easily be one of the state's premier rivalries doesn't happen. Nobody should feel good about that.
It won't happen because East has nothing to gain by playing an A team, especially an A team that is good enough to beat them. A win doesn't help their QRF, and a loss hurts them. Why would any AA team subject to QRF play an A team that is as good as any AA team? It's not cowardice, it's common sense.

O-townClown
Posts: 4026
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by O-townClown » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:47 pm

rainier2 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:35 pm
It won't happen because East has nothing to gain by playing an A team, especially an A team that is good enough to beat them. A win doesn't help their QRF, and a loss hurts them. Why would any AA team subject to QRF play an A team that is as good as any AA team? It's not cowardice, it's common sense.
Which program is banner-chasing?
Be kind. Rewind.

kniven
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by kniven » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:53 pm

O-townClown wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:47 pm
rainier2 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:35 pm
It won't happen because East has nothing to gain by playing an A team, especially an A team that is good enough to beat them. A win doesn't help their QRF, and a loss hurts them. Why would any AA team subject to QRF play an A team that is as good as any AA team? It's not cowardice, it's common sense.
Which program is banner-chasing?
Her Antonio
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

rainier2
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by rainier2 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:04 pm

O-townClown wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:47 pm
rainier2 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:35 pm
It won't happen because East has nothing to gain by playing an A team, especially an A team that is good enough to beat them. A win doesn't help their QRF, and a loss hurts them. Why would any AA team subject to QRF play an A team that is as good as any AA team? It's not cowardice, it's common sense.
Which program is banner-chasing?
The one that annually beats/plays tight with the AA champ, plays AA at all youth levels, already has an arena-full of Class A trophies and banners, but yet feels Class A is "where we belong".

Jeffy95
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:45 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Jeffy95 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:54 pm

O-townClown wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:26 pm
Time to grade these essays.

Pekyman, you get an "A". From the comments it appears your opinion didn't go over well, but mainly the feedback is just hostility and not topical. You've articulated how Hermantown would play Duluth East and the Greyhounds don't want this to happen...even going so far to call them cowardly.

Dog, I am giving your response two As, or fittingly a "AA". On one hand you empty the quiver with all the arrows for why Hermantown is just so unlikable. But there's more. Your second point, cleverly veiled throughout a long rant, is to actually confirm Pekyman's thesis. Yes, Duluth East is afraid of this game happening. Why I'm not sure, with rampant speculation as to the reason(s).

All I know is what would easily be one of the state's premier rivalries doesn't happen. Nobody should feel good about that.
It’s simple, Randolph has too much integrity to legitimize that program. Thank God for guys like him. Hermantown has zero legitimacy and he’s not going to give it to them. If they want to be legitimate, they know what they have to do. They have to help carry the AA torch in Northern MN. We all want that. Right now, they are nothing but a bunch of underachievers with 5 of their top 6 scorers from other Associations.

And I feel really good about that game not happening, so you can’t say nobody.
Last edited by Jeffy95 on Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post Reply