The Hermantown Thread

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Hunters1993

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Hunters1993 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:48 am

Beating the class AA team occasionally is one thing. But three out of four or whatever it is.

Eight straight c-chip games

State tourney c-chip game 9 out of 11 years.

Herman(Ely,Virginia, Denfeld, Proctor, Hayward)town

Enough data for you!

Michael
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM

rainier2

Post by rainier2 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:13 am

mn miracle man wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:43 am
Mahtomedi also beat Hill Murray this year so definitely a year of parity...

Orono only lost 5-2 to Tonka when they won 2 years ago...

STA beat AA champ Edina 2-1 in 2013...
True, but that's three different teams over several years. We're talking about one team, one that routinely beats the AA champ. That's not parity, that's sandbagging.

StanleyCup55

Post by StanleyCup55 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:30 am

Bruce Plante said it himself about STA many years ago. Hermantown Hockey today is exactly what Bruce Plante was complaining about and they’re worse than STA, way worse and it’s not even close. They’re on a whole new level with how blatantly obvious it is. Plus they clearly have the kids brainwashed when Biondi claims Hermantown doesn’t recruit and says they sit back and laugh when people say they recruit and it fuels their fire. Unreal!!! I really don’t want that kid on UMD next year he’s just going to drag the team down with his bad attitude

Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:41 am

Like I said before Andrews stands in the front lines taking the fire for staying in class A. All the fans and players just sit back and soak up the praise and trophy’s. With no intent or desire to move to class AA. No pressure or heat on them they say they are being blocked by Andrews or Clark. Let him take the heat.

hockey59

Post by hockey59 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:47 am

StanleyCup55 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:30 am
Bruce Plante said it himself about STA many years ago. Hermantown Hockey today is exactly what Bruce Plante was complaining about and they’re worse than STA, way worse and it’s not even close. They’re on a whole new level with how blatantly obvious it is. Plus they clearly have the kids brainwashed when Biondi claims Hermantown doesn’t recruit and says they sit back and laugh when people say they recruit and it fuels their fire. Unreal!!! I really don’t want that kid on UMD next year he’s just going to drag the team down with his bad attitude
Not too worried about Biondi in the UMD locker room, he will be fine, if he isn’t the multiple National Champion SENIORS will make sure he stays in line & keeps his mouth shut. UMD only graduates one senior forward (Jade Miller) so unless an underclassman signs an NHL deal (Richards, Koepke & Swaney) pretty much being the only candidates, Biondi will most likely be playing in the USHL next season (anyway) ☝️☝️

Wet Paint

Post by Wet Paint » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:10 pm

Hunters1993 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:41 am
Like I said before Andrews stands in the front lines taking the fire for staying in class A. All the fans and players just sit back and soak up the praise and trophy’s. With no intent or desire to move to class AA. No pressure or heat on them they say they are being blocked by Andrews or Clark. Let him take the heat.

Let me start this by saying I don't know anybody connected to the whole A vs AA deal so I can't say that I have any information. Pure speculation follows.

BUt, how much of a say do you suppose he has in what level they play? He has said he thinks they should go AA according to people on here. If that is so I would assume that he would go that route if he had a choice. Somebody behind the scenes is running it. I would guess that he was hired to coach the team and coaches what he is handed. I think going after him is probably not going after the right people, he is basically an employee of the school district and "the powers that be" are the ones who decide what needs to be decided. I agree that they need to move up. Am just not sure that targeting Andrews because he wn't move them up is the right guy to target. With that said the last few years have added ammo to the "we need to play A" crowd there so I don't think they are gonna move up anytime soon, if at all.

Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:57 pm

I agree with you. They will play in their little boys tourney and destroy it!

Wise Old Man

Post by Wise Old Man » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:59 pm

Ok, been wanting to jump in to the most recent Hermantown discussion for a couple weeks but, haven’t had the time. Well, Covid 19 has now provided me the time I need to chime in. I hope all of you and your families are well and that you’re following the guidelines of local, state, and federal officials to maximize the safety of our more vulnerable citizens. I have a father in his late 70’s who just won a ten-month long battle with cancer and is currently cancer free. But, as many of you know, it takes as long as six months for your immune system to fully recover from the chemotherapy. Which makes him one of those “high risk” people to the virus. I also have two older children who fall into the higher risk category as well so… PLEASE be smart and practice the social distancing that can minimize everyone’s risk.

There’s a bunch of individual posts I’ve wanted to respond to in this thread over the last few weeks. The first is from “doghockey” back on March 1st when he wrote:

“It never gets old watching the wannabe hockey purists whine about St.Thomas. And Blake. And Breck. And Hermantown. Eventually you crabby folks will get your way and there will be no talent in A hockey. Then you will undoubtedly have another thread complaining about the boring A tournament and how nobody shows up to watch the un-epic Dodge County-Pine City games.”

Thankfully, “Ranier” nailed it in his response:

“People enjoy parity, not just overall talent level of teams. If you truly want to just watch hockey talent, then why are you wasting your time watching HS hockey at all? You should be watching the NAHL, no wait, the USHL, no wait, NCAA D3, no wait, NCAA D1, no wait, the AHL, no wait, the Olympics, no wait, the NHL, no wait, the NHL All-Star game. Finally, we got it! If you're only concern is watching the top talent play, then you should watch the NHL All-Star game on a loop, 24 hours a day. Parity is what most people want to see. We have it in AA, where any team could make a run to the title and lower seeds actually win games at state. Just wanna see the same at the A level.”

I’ll add to “Ranier’s” response by also stating that, yes, the overall quality of play in the Class “A” tourney might drop without a Hermantown or a SCC or a Warroad in it. But, the point to having a second/lower class option initially was to allow those teams that would literally never have a chance to get to state in a one class system to do so. Well, in Section 7A, as long as Hermantown is allowed to stay in Class “A” or, the MSHSL passes a new rule that incentivizes them to move up (more on that shortly), none of the other 7A teams will have a legitimate chance at the state tournament and the resulting shot of energy and interest which that trip to state gives to a community’s youth program. It especially won’t happen the next 4-7 years considering the current level of talent in the Hermantown Pee Wee and Bantam teams – again emphasizing that they choose to play in “AA” at those youth levels.

That brings up another significant point; we all talk about how much we value, appreciate, and believe in our “community based” model at both the youth and high school levels. Yet, our administrative leadership in both the youth and high school levels refuse to enact rules and policies that truly support it. In fact, over the last 10 years, both groups have either passed new rules that pick away at the very foundation of our community based model or, in the MSHSL’s case, refuse to uphold rules already in place. The most obvious being their reluctance to enforce the “complete change of residency requirement” to be immediately varsity-eligible on transfers beginning the 9th grade year – see the possible issues at both Hermantown and STA….

Minnesota Hockey could solve the “Hermantown issue” (obviously not just a “Hermantown” issue at the youth level but…) by simply going back to an eligibility rule that requires a player to play in the youth association where they live geographically vs allowing a player to also play where they go to school. Meaning, if you’re going to switch associations you need to move into that other association’s geographic boundary. And, as many others have already suggested, the MSHSL could enact a rule which only allows a Class “A” team to play a “AA” team if the “AA” team is in their conference (and even then, only once per season) or, if they happen to be matched up against a “AA” team in a holiday tournament. I’m confident if that were to happen it wouldn’t be long before Hermantown moved up to “AA” since the core of their advantage is they get to play this incredibly challenging schedule against the top “AA” teams during the regular season but, then have a “gravy train” to get to the state tournament. Talk about getting to have your cake and eat it too….who do they think they are? East High School… :lol:

Another post I want to respond to is one from “defense” on March 2nd where he stated:

“I cant figure out why these boards dont have more " how can we beat them?" How can Denfeld win? " ...
Instead of " Hermantown is a AA team blaha.. wah wah.."
People realize that their enrollment doesnt even approach AA yet?”…
Along with another post from “defense” in response to “Hunters1993” that asked:
“I assume you are a Denfeld fan? Why can't Denfeld have any more success than they have??”

Ok -- ”defense” -- yes most of us are well aware that Hermantown’s student numbers aren’t close to the limit for Class A. As many here have already pointed out, that’s not the point. Let me ask you, are you aware that from 2013-2017 that between the Duluth and Proctor Amateur Hockey Associations, approximately 24 total players “transferred/open-enrolled” at Hermantown? AND….only one, that’s right, ONE of those kids’ families actually moved into the Hermantown district? Heck, Proctor’s best Pee Wee goalie’s parents just informed the Proctor youth association that their son is moving to Hermantown next year! So, the migration to Hermantown continues. What’s interesting is, almost all of those parents of players who open-enrolled into Hermantown from Proctor and Duluth when contacted, admitted that the main reason they were switching to Hermantown was because they believed their child would almost be guaranteed a trip to state if they were fortunate enough to play high school. Trust me, since almost all of these kids tend to be above average players for their age group when they choose to open-enroll to Hermantown, these parents almost always assume their kid will eventually play for the high school team. That goes directly to your question about why people from Proctor, or Denfeld (or even now Virginia) aren’t asking themselves “How can we beat Hermantown”? Or, “Why can’t Denfeld have any more success than they have?”.The answer is they know full well why they can’t compete with Hermantown and that’s because of the fact Hermantown has basically been guaranteed a trip to state due to those program’s better players open-enrolling to Hermantown at some point in their youth or high school years.

Let me be clear, I am not accusing either Hermantown’s youth or high school programs of doing anything illegal – although there is some chatter that Coach Andrews may have broken an MSHSL rule in regards to stating his summer program was mandatory on the flyer for last summer’s program. Along with the possibility of certain player’s families not completely moving to Hermantown. To be clear, I don’t have personal knowledge of any of these things but, the chatter is out there in the Duluth-area hockey community. However, as we all know, there is the “black and white” rule and, there is the spirit in which a rule is intended to be applied/enforced. It’s quite obvious to anybody with any common sense or intelligence that Hermantown (among others) is significantly abusing the spirit of the rule(s), especially at the high school level.

Next, is a post from “zooomx” on March 2nd where he states:

Today it's Hermantown
Yesterday it was STA
If Hermantown moves up then tomorrow it will be St. Cloud Cathedral, EGF and Warroad.
Soon after Alexandria, Mahtomedi, Orono, etc, etc, etc.
So, if all larger or stronger Class A schools move up we would be left with a great AA tournament, yet a lot of quality programs that have little chance to make it. The Class A tournament would be a yawner. If we are going to go that route, we might as well just go 3 classes that are more evenly balanced. Let's also identify the rub here. For years Hermantown was sick of playing Jan to STA's Marsha. So they pissed and moaned until STA moved up. Today the screaming about Hermantown is 99% about Section 7A. If Hermantown was 5A, then the Monticellos, Princetons and North Branches of the world would be on this board complaining. My point is this: There will always be a big bully school in the way of some teams getting what they want. Hermantown moving up only moves the scrutiny on to the next school. It will never end and it is exhausting.

My response to “zooomx”: no, if it's not Hermantown it won’t be SCC, or EGF, or Warroad, or Alexandria, or Mahtomedi and no, there won’t always be a “big bully” because literally no other non-metro school has the specific advantages that Hermantown possesses in regards to open-enrollment at both the youth and high school levels. This is an argument that is simply lacking in an understanding of what the realities truly are of the situations of the teams mentioned .

Next, a response to a post by “pekyman” on March 6th where he states:

“ the Hibbing program is disarray and the Red Plan in Duluth (Closing Central, etc.) all happening in 2011, is it any wonder Hermantown got a flood of open enrollment students. The vast majority of these kids were not Hockey players and the ones that were definitely did not need to be recruited. The Duluth Public Schools are still a mess and Hibbing seems to be also. The recruiting thing is just a joke. Hermantown doesn't need to recruit.”

“Peky”; first, I will agree with others that Hibbing’s program is far from being in “disarray”. They’ve had some struggles at the high school level, specifically the last few years but, their youth program is in fine shape and your description is simply inaccurate. And yes, the Red Plan in Duluth created some restructuring challenges and, there were some Duluth public school parents that chose to open-enroll their kids to Hermantown due to frustration with the Duluth public schools in the first two or three years after it was enacted. However, as I stated previously, the vast majority of youth hockey players that open-enrolled did so between 2013 and 2017 and had nothing to do with frustration over the Red Plan. Finally, you’re simply flat out wrong that there hasn’t been any recruiting. Has there been any by anyone in an official position of administrative leadership at the youth or high school levels? I don’t know of any. However, I am aware of certain youth parents making very direct efforts to recruit kids from other youth associations. Especially in the associations in the immediate Duluth area. Definitely not the “joke” you think it is. Again, as has already been mentioned, there is proof of discussion/frustration about this being presented by Hermantown youth parents at HAHA Board meetings.

Finally, I’m lucky to call Scott Pionk a friend and we have discussed the situation regarding Hermantown and that administration’s refusal to move to “AA” many times. As I watched the Class “A” final, it was apparent to me that Aaron Pionk was the best overall player on the ice from either team. When he scored the game tying goal to send the game into OT, I thought how ironic it would be if the son of the most vocal hockey person in Hermantown that wants Hermantown to go “AA” scored the goal that allowed Hermantown to possibly win another state championship which, in turn, might increase the public pressure for the program to move to “AA”. ;) Alas, it was not to be and I genuinely felt bad for Aaron as he’s a truly great kid.

It’s interesting to me that someone who is as respected within the state-wide youth and high school hockey communities as Scott is, along with having helped develop one son into a bonafide NHLer, another who is the captain of his Div. III college team (was selected as a sophomore!), and his youngest son looking as if he’ll be another high level player, is the ONLY person I’ve ever spoken with in Hermantown hockey circles who truly gets it. He’s literally embarrassed by the fact they won’t move up. It frustrates him greatly. I don’t mind putting this out there as I know he’s already stated it directly to those involved. The word he uses to describe the feeling around both the youth and high school programs – and I’ve heard many others who deal directly with players and parents in Hermantown use this word as well – is ENTITLED. It’s as if being able to go to the state tournament is now a birthright. I’m fortunate to know a few of the youth and high school on-ice officials in the area and to a person, the teams they prefer not to work the most are Hermantown’s because of the overall poor behavior of their players and coaches. Not all of them mind you but, far more than in any other youth or high school association in the area.

The other mindset that has entrenched itself in the program is the idea that everyone is out to get them. What’s sad is that is really the result of Bruce Plante’s approach when he would play the “pity card” at the state tournament about them being the “public school champion” before the championship games against STA were even played. Also, that nobody respected them and that Hermantown was this little northern Minnesota town that’s comprised of just “home grown” kids…etc…etc…etc. And, at the time they were playing STA in the finals, people bought it. Unfortunately, it sowed the seeds of a mindset that's become the rallying call every time a call or situation doesn’t go their way. Please understand, there is much about how Coach Plante ran his program that I truly respected. They played the game the “right way” and he never brought up kids early from bantams. Unlike a different high school coach in the Duluth area.

One thing I can share is that there are a group of Hermantown hockey alumns who are in the process of developing a letter they will present to Beth Clark and Pat Andrews that strongly requests that the program move to “AA” as they also feel embarrassed that it has yet to do so. The sad thing is, there are good people involved in both the youth and high school programs at Hermantown. Unfortunately, they have lost their way. They have forgotten that the greatest lessons of athletics -- especially team sports -- is the bond that the journey of each season creates with your teammates and coaches, as well as knowing that no matter how the season ends, the outcome is measured not only on the final result, but also the amount of effort, dedication, and sacrifice expended to reach the final buzzer. But, even more importantly, the glow of any championship achieved shines brightest when the struggle to achieve it is greatest. Thus, until the Hermantown hockey community chooses to challenge themselves at the highest level of high school hockey, the glow of any future championship will never shine as brightly as it otherwise may, always leaving a level of doubt about how genuine that championship truly is.

Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:42 am

Awesome post WOM.

defense

Post by defense » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:21 pm

wow- I understand the arguments for Hermantown to move to AA, as has always been my stance I encourage them to do so. What I am against is the underlying reason for everyone wanting them to go which is that they are successful. And not so much that they are successful, but that all the other teams should get a chance and they cant be cause of this one dominant team. My stance is that maybe Denfeld, Proctor, whomever else should look themselves over and see what they can do to maybe keep these kids local, or accept the fact that this other team is who we have to beat.
Otter Hockey Rocks

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:48 pm

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Be kind. Rewind.

Goose21

Post by Goose21 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:00 pm

defense wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:21 pm
wow- I understand the arguments for Hermantown to move to AA, as has always been my stance I encourage them to do so. What I am against is the underlying reason for everyone wanting them to go which is that they are successful. And not so much that they are successful, but that all the other teams should get a chance and they cant be cause of this one dominant team. My stance is that maybe Denfeld, Proctor, whomever else should look themselves over and see what they can do to maybe keep these kids local, or accept the fact that this other team is who we have to beat.
Two points I am going to disagree with. First I don't think your portrait of "everyone" is accurate (as evidenced by many numerous comments over the last 51 pages). And second, I don't think other programs aren't trying to compete, aren't try to get better, or have given up. More like they understand the reality of the situation and that the ice is drastically slanted against them.
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:46 pm

defense wrote:
Not true at all. He addressed this to you directly in his post but you either still don't get it, or more likely don't want to get it.

I've never heard anyone say, "Hey, they're just too good, they need to move up." Not once, never. I've used the EGF example many times. They won two straight Championships and not one person on this board ever said that they should move up. We all understood that they had a great group come through, worked hard and had success. That's how it's supposed to work. I was at those Games and EGF parents were telling me that every one of those kids was from EGF and nobody ever disputed that. Everyone applauded their success and rooted for them. Then that group was gone and they went back through the normal cycle that every Class A team has, except for Hermantown. Why? Because they don't have to rely on a great group coming through. They've had anywhere from 30-60% of their Roster as top talent from other Associations. That is not Small Class Hockey. And why would they play a AA schedule if they actually felt that they belonged in Class A? That makes no sense and should prove to anyone with a brain that they know this, and are completely fine with gaming the system. Wise Old Man talks about this also, it's become their birthright to go to State and they will do whatever it takes.

This group of Hermantown kids with Biondi as a second year was always one of their least successful groups in youth hockey. His Dad was the President of the Association and the Head Coach for PeeWee AA and was willing to do anything to surround Blake with better players, because they just weren't that good in comparison to all of the other Hermantown groups. Yes, he recruited. Everyone in the area knows that. He even knowingly allowed the top player in the area to play there for Blake's 2nd year of PeeWees, knowing full well that the kid didn't live in Hermantown and attended school at Marshall. Yes, you read that right. He didn't live in Hermantown, or go to School in Hermantown. Let that sink in for a hot second. This wasn't just a coach trying to get away with something, he was also the President of the Hermantown Hockey Association.

Fast forward five years and 7 transfers/open-enrollees later and they're right back at the top of the State for both Classes. It doesn't matter what they have for Hermantown kids, they will always bring in other programs top talent. If you're okay with that being done in the Small Class and think it's a level playing field, then that's your prerogative. But you can't expect people who actually care about the future of the game, and especially the future of a very historic section 7A to agree with that.

StanleyCup55

Post by StanleyCup55 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:19 pm

Goose21 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:00 pm
defense wrote:
Two points I am going to disagree with. First I don't think your portrait of "everyone" is accurate (as evidenced by many numerous comments over the last 51 pages). And second, I don't think other programs aren't trying to compete, aren't try to get better, or have given up. More like they understand the reality of the situation and that the ice is drastically slanted against them.
Some people just don’t get it and never will. Common man refers to them as the 7 out of 10 lol

defense

Post by defense » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:20 pm

My question is: why is blame put on the program???
If nothing illegal was done according to Wow. What is everyone else's responsibility in this? I just think too much weight is put into a "Hermantown problem " and not enough into a Denfeld or Proctor or Ely or Hibbing problem. And nothing is said of the player or player's family in choosing this route.
Let's close the interstate because my business isn't located nearby and the business that is is so very successful because more people use that route instead of the one by mine.
Otter Hockey Rocks

Schotzy

Post by Schotzy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:34 pm

defense wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:20 pm
My question is: why is blame put on the program???
If nothing illegal was done according to Wow. What is everyone else's responsibility in this? I just think too much weight is put into a "Hermantown problem " and not enough into a Denfeld or Proctor or Ely or Hibbing problem. And nothing is said of the player or player's family in choosing this route.
Let's close the interstate because my business isn't located nearby and the business that is is so very successful because more people use that route instead of the one by mine.
I think you are choosing to completely ignore and/or miss the point. Your counter-arguments are not even in the same rink.

defense

Post by defense » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:38 pm

What is the point then? Apparently it is not that Hermantown should move to AA because a number of their players are not from there.
Otter Hockey Rocks

kniven

Post by kniven » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:00 pm

defense wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:38 pm
What is the point then? Apparently it is not that Hermantown should move to AA because a number of their players are not from there.
I can see both sides. I believe that more A sized schools should opt down, like CEC will hopefully do.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:07 pm

Point has been for 51 pages the same.
8 straight c-chip games
9 of 11 years in c-chip game
What do they have to prove in class A
Herman(Ely,Virginia,Proctor,Denfeld,Hayward)town has outgrown class A hockey
Close the transfer freeway and see how far you get, that is the challenge to Hermantown Hockey!

Schotzy

Post by Schotzy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:16 pm

Hunters1993 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:07 pm
Close the transfer freeway and see how far you get, that is the challenge to Hermantown Hockey!
I pretty much don't agree with many of your arguments, but this one hits the nail on the head.

kniven

Post by kniven » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:23 pm

Schotzy wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:16 pm
Hunters1993 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:07 pm
I pretty much don't agree with many of your arguments, but this one hits the nail on the head.

Hermantown would still be king in 7A most years, but they wouldn’t dominate AA in the regular season like they have the last 20 years. Kids want to play there. I can assure you Denfeld or CLoquet wouldn’t turn down that talent either...
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:09 pm

It is interesting reading the comments from the people close to the situation, which is probably limited to the people living within 30 minutes of Duluth. It seems to be a Hatfields-McCoys or Republican-Democrats environment where people will just argue about stuff and adopt the stance of whatever side they support.

One example: the comment above about a HS team taking players from the Bantam program. Hill-Murray just planted the seeds to win a state championship by doing that. It's worked well for Duluth East in the past. Who's to say this is good or bad? I don't see a problem with either approach, unless your goal is to win games in Bantams.

Another example is the staunch opinions and superiority complex about whether or not Hermantown should play Duluth East. Greyhound faithful somehow seems bought into the coach's philosophy that he's got to somehow send a message. Anyone that's a general hockey fan outside the Duluth bubble says just play them already. It would be a great game each season, and obviously local for two teams that travel an awful lot for high school sports.
Be kind. Rewind.

Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:26 pm

Herman(Ely,Virginia,Denfeld,Proctor, Hayward)town. I think we can all agree that transfers happen. But there was a list earlier on this topic with ten or more kids from elsewhere. That is about half your team. A little excessive! A transfer here and there is one thing, but half your team? And play class A hockey and have tgat many transfers.

8 straight c-chip games
9 out of 11 years in c-chip game
Still in class A hockey
What is left to prove in class A?
Keep winning the little boys tourney with your big boys team. D1 team beating up on D3 teams, congratulations!

Have posted this three or four times since tourney. No one has given a reason for staying in class A

defense

Post by defense » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:39 pm

Hunters1993 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:26 pm
Herman(Ely,Virginia,Denfeld,Proctor, Hayward)town. I think we can all agree that transfers happen. But there was a list earlier on this topic with ten or more kids from elsewhere. That is about half your team. A little excessive! A transfer here and there is one thing, but half your team? And play class A hockey and have tgat many transfers.

8 straight c-chip games
9 out of 11 years in c-chip game
Still in class A hockey
What is left to prove in class A?
Keep winning the little boys tourney with your big boys team. D1 team beating up on D3 teams, congratulations!

Have posted this three or four times since tourney. No one has given a reason for staying in class A
Actually there are a lot if reasons that have been posted, have been stated by their coaches and players, have be es n stated by others on various platforms, have been put out by their supporters many times in the past. Some people just refuse to accept the different reasons.
Otter Hockey Rocks

mnmouth

Post by mnmouth » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:33 am

Hunters1993 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:26 pm
. . . Have posted this three or four times since tourney. No one has given a reason for staying in class A
The only reason Hermantown needs to stay in Class A is that they are well below the enrollment threshold for being forced to move to Class AA. Like it or not (and I don't), that is the only reason they need.