Hill Murray

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

KCharger1

Hill Murray

Post by KCharger1 »

Watched them for a month. Here is why they not so good...yet. Best forward is 8th grader, best defenseman is 9th grader, best goalie doesn't play. Future could be bright but right now the Bears are licking their chops.
wbmd

Re: Hill Murray

Post by wbmd »

KCharger1 wrote:Watched them for a month. Here is why they not so good...yet. Best forward is 8th grader, best defenseman is 9th grader, best goalie doesn't play. Future could be bright but right now the Bears are licking their chops.
The Bears might be licking their chops, however, White Bear has to start putting the puck in the net.

They outshot Roseville 35-7 today, yet only managed to score three goals (4th was an empty netter) in their 4-2 victory. In addition, Roseville scored on their only shots in the opening period. Also, White Bear outshot Rochester Century 31-8 on January 6th and lost 3-1.
TheNightman

Post by TheNightman »

KCharger1 wrote:Watched them for a month. Here is why they not so good...yet. Best forward is 8th grader, best defenseman is 9th grader, best goalie doesn't play. Future could be bright but right now the Bears are licking their chops.
You're saying Fleischacker is better than Oberle?
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

wbmd wrote:
The Bears might be licking their chops, however, White Bear has to start putting the puck in the net.

They outshot Roseville 35-7 today, yet only managed to score three goals (4th was an empty netter) in their 4-2 victory. In addition, Roseville scored on their only shots in the opening period. Also, White Bear outshot Rochester Century 31-8 on January 6th and lost 3-1.
So you're telling me there's a chance.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:
wbmd wrote:

In sections, there's always a chance.
KCharger1

Post by KCharger1 »

[quote="TheNightman"][quote="KCharger1"]Watched them for a month. Here is why they not so good...yet. Best forward is 8th grader, best defenseman is 9th grader, best goalie doesn't play. Future could be bright but right now the Bears are licking their chops.[/quote]

You're saying Fleischacker is better than Oberle?[/quote]

Hands down.
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

wbmd wrote:
East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:
wbmd wrote: The Bears might be licking their chops, however, White Bear has to start putting the puck in the net.

In sections, there's always a chance.
Especially against WB.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

That's why HM fans don't get too despondent. There's always next year. And the one after that. This is WBL's year to break the curse. I'm almost cheering for them to do it.
tourneytickssince59

Post by tourneytickssince59 »

TheNightman wrote:
You're saying Fleischacker is better than Oberle?
Oberle appears to have gone backwards this year. Was way better last season.
tourneytickssince59

Don't the Pioneers need to get past Stillwater first?
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

tourneytickssince59 wrote:
Just like White Bear Lake has to get past Mounds View or Tartan (tied 1-1 after 1 O.T.) first.
ifallsin64

Post by ifallsin64 »

HM is like Norte Dame in football, always great players coming to your school from all over to play, i don’t understand the down years like this one. Many coaches do more with less talent, just saying
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

wbmd wrote:
tourneytickssince59 wrote:
Just like White Bear Lake has to get past Mounds View or Tartan (tied 1-1 after 1 O.T.) first.
Now entering third O.T.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

As a fan of a team with a decent history I would be careful about what I post about a team like Hill. They find a way to get it done way more than most.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

[quote="grindiangrad-80"]As a fan of a team with a decent history I would be careful about what I post about a team like Hill. They find a way to get it done way more than most.[/quote
Last edited by Jeffy95 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:As a fan of a team with a decent history I would be careful about what I post about a team like Hill. They find a way to get it done way more than most.
it's not the players that find a way to get it done, it's one of the best coaches in high school hockey. It's tough to say as a white bear fan, but lechner is top-of-the-line.
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

inthetwine wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote:As a fan of a team with a decent history I would be careful about what I post about a team like Hill. They find a way to get it done way more than most.
it's not the players that find a way to get it done, it's one of the best coaches in high school hockey. It's tough to say as a white bear fan, but lechner is top-of-the-line.
Pretty sure there are a lot of coaches in the East Metro just as good or better than Lechner. They just don't have in talent coming in year after year. They have to see top bantam players leave their associations to walk on water with coach Lechner. 8)
tourneytickssince59

SEC Scotty wrote:Pretty sure there are a lot of coaches in the East Metro just as good or better than Lechner. They just don't have in talent coming in year after year. They have to see top bantam players leave their associations to walk on water with coach Lechner. 8)
Who would you say is better? Doing a pretty good job last 2 seasons with less then their best talent ever.