Section 7AA: Andover vs Duluth East

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Andover
14%
Duluth East
86%

Total votes: 21

That guy for that thing

Post by That guy for that thing »

Who will take this one home?
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Would love to see Andover but DEast by 5.
kniven

Re: Section 7AA: Andover vs Duluth East

Post by kniven »

I want Dulut East 218 puck to represent the 218 north at state out of section 7AA. That’s only right to have the “boys from the north” represented by “boys from the north”! I don’t care by how much or the score....just do your job boys and let’s get this thing to the X !
GettinHiggyWithIt

Post by GettinHiggyWithIt »

elliott70 wrote:Would love to see Andover but DEast by 5.
for the sake of an entertaining state tournement, we need Edina STA Minnetonka and DE in there. That would be the best tourney for the fans.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

If East plays the way they can, this one could be a laugher. That being said, they need to come out guns blazing and bury them right away. Would really love to see them bring it home in St. Paul. They are long overdue!
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

It would take a maximum effort and quite a few breaks for Andover to win this one. Anything is possible but East is a really complete team. I would say East by at least 5-1.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

GettinHiggyWithIt wrote:
for the sake of an entertaining state tournement, we need Edina STA Minnetonka and DE in there. That would be the best tourney for the fans.
I agree, just cheering for the Andover coach a bit.
And the tourney always needs a Cinderella story

Single A almost got it.
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

elliott70 wrote:
GettinHiggyWithIt wrote:
I agree, just cheering for the Andover coach a bit.
And the tourney always needs a Cinderella story

Single A almost got it.
Tourney has their Cinderella in STMA. We in NE MN need East as the rep, though personally I also am supporting the Andover coach.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Andover must have a chance. Duluth East dropped one to Eden Prairie and couldn't tidy things up twice against Cloquet-Esko-Carlton. Always interesting to see what happens!
Be kind. Rewind.
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

O-townClown wrote:
Andover must have a chance. Duluth East dropped one to Eden Prairie and couldn't tidy things up twice against Cloquet-Esko-Carlton. Always interesting to see what happens!
They definitely have a chance. Were it not for Lukan Hanson coming up big on several occasions that game in December would likely have been closer than 9-3.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

O-townClown wrote:
Randolph uses some sort of magic come play-offs.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

elliott70 wrote:Randolph uses some sort of magic come play-offs.
That's what Edina people were saying about O'Leary!
Be kind. Rewind.
duluth dave

Post by duluth dave »

You are right Kniven its a northern section and should be represented by a northern team.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

duluth dave wrote:You are right Kniven its a northern section and should be represented by a northern team.
While I see Andover as a long shot to win tonight...I wouldn’t at all be surprised...seeing Andover as the #1 seed in 7AA when sections roll around in 2018-2019.
kniven

Post by kniven »

hockey59 wrote:
duluth dave wrote:You are right Kniven its a northern section and should be represented by a northern team.
While I see Andover as a long shot to win tonight...I wouldn’t at all be surprised...seeing Andover as the #1 seed in 7AA when sections roll around in 2018-2019.
Agreed. East and Andover will be clearly 1 and 2.
Orty

Post by Orty »

East misses an extra point. 6-0.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

With STMA already knocking off Moorhead, and IF Andover could do the same to DE (not likely, but IF) would this be the first ever AA Tournament without ANY Northern representation?
Schotzy

Post by Schotzy »

MNHockeyFan wrote:With STMA already knocking off Moorhead, and IF Andover could do the same to DE (not likely, but IF) would this be the first ever AA Tournament without ANY Northern representation?
That is the goal.....right? :wink:
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

MNHockeyFan wrote:With STMA already knocking off Moorhead, and IF Andover could do the same to DE (not likely, but IF) would this be the first ever AA Tournament without ANY Northern representation?
Yes. First ever, regardless of one class or two
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Schotzy wrote:
That is the goal.....right? :wink:
Certainly not mine. I grew up in the Northland, and would like to see them send at least one team to State every year.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

I think Andover is gonna feel like they are in Dewer’s Hollow on the Hound of Baskerville episode of Sherlock tonight at Amsoil.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

Release the Hounds!
Rich Clarke

Post by Rich Clarke »

Not sure how anyone can credibly say that anyone's "goal" (who? the high school league?) is to have an all metro tournament. There are just four truly northern teams in section seven and four in section eight. Obviously, they could guarantee a northern team at state if they combined them, but I doubt anyone from the north would prefer losing a section. So as it stands, you need to add teams on the far fringes of the metro to sections seven and eight. As long as they are weak, I hear no complaints. But the addition of a single merely decent team like Andover or Elk River results in fears of metro conspiracy. If the teams are the best, they should win regardless. If they don't, it's not because the MSHSL dressed up the Boston Bruins in Andover uniforms as a conspiracy to keep deserving northern schools from competing. I doubt in the extremely unlikely event that Duluth East loses tonight that Mike Randolph will blame anyone other than himself and his team's play. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he'll say that no school could get through a gauntlet that goes through the likes of Andover or Elk River. Then again, maybe not.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

Rich Clarke wrote:Not sure how anyone can credibly say that anyone's "goal" (who? the high school league?) is to have an all metro tournament. There are just four truly northern teams in section seven and four in section eight. Obviously, they could guarantee a northern team at state if they combined them, but I doubt anyone from the north would prefer losing a section. So as it stands, you need to add teams on the far fringes of the metro to sections seven and eight. As long as they are weak, I hear no complaints. But the addition of a single merely decent team like Andover or Elk River results in fears of metro conspiracy. If the teams are the best, they should win regardless. If they don't, it's not because the MSHSL dressed up the Boston Bruins in Andover uniforms as a conspiracy to keep deserving northern schools from competing. I doubt in the extremely unlikely event that Duluth East loses tonight that Mike Randolph will blame anyone other than himself and his team's play. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he'll say that no school could get through a gauntlet that goes through the likes of Andover or Elk River. Then again, maybe not.
Pretty sure he was making a joke Richie.
Schotzy

Post by Schotzy »

Jeffy95 wrote:
Rich Clarke wrote:Not sure how anyone can credibly say that anyone's "goal" (who? the high school league?) is to have an all metro tournament. There are just four truly northern teams in section seven and four in section eight. Obviously, they could guarantee a northern team at state if they combined them, but I doubt anyone from the north would prefer losing a section. So as it stands, you need to add teams on the far fringes of the metro to sections seven and eight. As long as they are weak, I hear no complaints. But the addition of a single merely decent team like Andover or Elk River results in fears of metro conspiracy. If the teams are the best, they should win regardless. If they don't, it's not because the MSHSL dressed up the Boston Bruins in Andover uniforms as a conspiracy to keep deserving northern schools from competing. I doubt in the extremely unlikely event that Duluth East loses tonight that Mike Randolph will blame anyone other than himself and his team's play. But maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he'll say that no school could get through a gauntlet that goes through the likes of Andover or Elk River. Then again, maybe not.
Pretty sure he was making a joke Richie.
Uh, yeah. Relax Richie. Just having some fun.