Tourney Streaming?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Tulls29

Tourney Streaming?

Post by Tulls29 »

How would one stream the tournament if they are out of country?
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

KSTC45 has a streaming service called Grandstadium.tv but you have to pay for it.
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

State of Hockey will stream audio broadcasts of the games for free, I think. They can be found on Youtube.

The first game stream (Class A) is already set to go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8v6MzSdjeA
Teak

Post by Teak »

Well so far all that grandstadium.tv is broadcasting is the message "We will be back shortly".

First game has started.

However, there was no glitch in taking my money. :roll:
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

Teak wrote:Well so far all that grandstadium.tv is broadcasting is the message "We will be back shortly".

First game has started.

However, there was no glitch in taking my money. :roll:
The audio stream is working and they just did the national anthem so I'm not sure the game has started. I agree grandstadium.tv is disappointing, not to mention they charge about $40 for game DVDs.
yesiplayedhockey

Post by yesiplayedhockey »

And Xfinity customers who want to watch the game on wi-fi away from home can't...The Xfinity stream app doesn't work on the games unless you are using it at home

Not sure if that's Xfinity being Xfinity or KSTP locking it out
Teak

Post by Teak »

My issue was that I was using Opera instead of Chrome.

Grandstadium easily took my money through the Opera browser, but one needs to use Google Chrome to get the stream.

:lol:

I love how 1980s Minnesota high school sports is when it comes to the internet.
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

Teak wrote: I love how 1980s Minnesota high school sports is when it comes to the internet.
The Duluth TV station seemed to put out a high-quality video stream in sectionals, although I heard they had some issues for the 7A final.

The grandstadium.tv site is crap.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

My stream is working great. No glitches at all. Ironically, my section 7 stream was constantly buffering. I am over by Green Bay. Not sure if that's a factor in the way either stream works.
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

Is there a free, illegal stream on reddit? Maybe. Maybe not. Depends how upset you are that you weren't able to stream any section final games and which direction your moral compass points.
OldManRiver

Post by OldManRiver »

I give up...where is the listing / links for the State of Hockey streaming the audio on YouTube?

I'm not seeing it on the site, and if it wasn't for JerseyDave I wouldn't have been able to find the first game (Thanks JerseyDave).

Any help would be appreciated.
Teak

Post by Teak »

The grandstadium.tv feed was fine for me once we figured out that you NEED to use Chrome; it appears that they are not configured for any other browser.

Like I said, so 1980s (1990s, actually). I have been watching European and South American futbol for free for years on multiple browsers. Not sure why the 'net nerds in Minnesota can't figure out how to make a cross-browser streaming platform.
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

OldManRiver wrote:I give up...where is the listing / links for the State of Hockey streaming the audio on YouTube?

I'm not seeing it on the site, and if it wasn't for JerseyDave I wouldn't have been able to find the first game (Thanks JerseyDave).

Any help would be appreciated.
State of Hockey is adding the links for new games every few hours. Just go to the State of Hockey's Youtube channel video page, where they can be found:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRPBFl ... 8aw/videos
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

Here's the next game up (Orono vs Litchfield/Dassel-Cokato):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7QWzQdWjDw
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

Looks like the SoH channel page does not show the upcoming audio streams but my subscription page shows this one too:

Edina v Lakeville North (tomorrow)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUxF_27TvPE
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

yesiplayedhockey wrote:And Xfinity customers who want to watch the game on wi-fi away from home can't...The Xfinity stream app doesn't work on the games unless you are using it at home

Not sure if that's Xfinity being Xfinity or KSTP locking it out
KSTC45 is blocking it because they are offering streaming for $10.95 per day through Grandstadium.tv
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

Teak wrote:The grandstadium.tv feed was fine for me once we figured out that you NEED to use Chrome; it appears that they are not configured for any other browser.
Took me awhile to set up my tourney package. They didn't send me my password even though they said it was sent twice. So I had to set up a new account. Finally found the tourney package even though it wasn't listed on the events page (just the individual games). Now I have the video stream going but there's no audio, and I am using Chrome.

UPDATE: Video is frozen. Want to get this all worked out by tomorrow.
Teak

Post by Teak »

JerseyDave wrote:
Teak wrote:The grandstadium.tv feed was fine for me once we figured out that you NEED to use Chrome; it appears that they are not configured for any other browser.
Took me awhile to set up my tourney package. They didn't send me my password even though they said it was sent twice. So I had to set up a new account. Finally found the tourney package even though it wasn't listed on the events page (just the individual games). Now I have the video stream going but there's no audio, and I am using Chrome.

UPDATE: Video is frozen. Want to get this all worked out by tomorrow.
Yeah, I had a freeze, logged back in; no audio, logged back in. When Zimbabwe is streaming into people's glasses, Minnesota might reach 1998-level internet streaming.
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

Traxler

Post by Traxler »

I'm in a hotel in Philadelphia trying to stream the tournament with a lot of issues. Most are because the hotel wifi is beyond terrible, but then when it does work either the sound goes out or the stream locks up. I'm hoping that in the 3rd and 4th games I'll get at least one entire period without an issue.
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

Traxler wrote:I'm in a hotel in Philadelphia trying to stream the tournament with a lot of issues. Most are because the hotel wifi is beyond terrible, but then when it does work either the sound goes out or the stream locks up. I'm hoping that in the 3rd and 4th games I'll get at least one entire period without an issue.
I’m in NJ half way between NYC and Philly and a big snowstorm has knocked out my power and Internet. I’m on my phone now. This is miserable. Horrible timing right after I ordered the tourney package.
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

Mozilla Firefox browser working great for me.
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

Audio stream of Hermantown v Monticello

https://youtu.be/4A-67YQK_nE
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

Grandstadium.tv is a letdown. Keeps crashing on me. Support says to keep refreshing the browser but the problem is that it keeps crashing in the first place. I’m on a phone (still no power) and I keep going back to listening on the free audio stream on YouTube, which never crashes on me.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

rainier2 wrote:Mozilla Firefox browser working great for me.
Agree Ranier2. Rock steady on Firefox browser, not a single lock up from Cancun!