Edina 11-0

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

sparty

Edina 11-0

Post by sparty »

God dammit! Dag nabbit! Welsh rarebit!
hockey59

Re: Edina 11-0

Post by hockey59 »

sparty wrote:God dammit! Dag nabbit! Welsh rarebit!
To paraphrase a Billy Beane quote from Moneyball: if you lose the last game of the year (or a semifinal State Tourney game against DE) no one cares (no one gives a Sh-t) Anybody who knows me knows I’m likely one of the last people to ever shill for Centennial...but c’mon...who cares if you win by 11 goals or lose by 1 or
11 goals in the 3rd place game? 😲 So good for you...Cake South 😉
warmskin

Giles

Post by warmskin »

Giles like to embarrass teams whenever he can. He claims he can't control his team from scoring. If you took away the Edina 20 - win against Hopkins the Edina stats would be pretty mediocre.
sparty

Post by sparty »

Love how Minnetonka stuck it to the northern team.
O-townClown

Re: Giles

Post by O-townClown »

warmskin wrote: If you took away the Edina 20 - win against Hopkins the Edina stats would be pretty mediocre.
Yeah sure. They would only have 184 goals in 30 games instead of 204 in 31.

Their leading scorer and top Mr. Hockey candidate had 4 points in that game. He had 9 games with 4 or more this season. I hardly think the Hopkins game skewed the numbers when it was actually a pretty normal output.

The other Mr. Hockey finalist had a whopping 3 points in that one. In other words, there were 17 goals scored that night he wasn't in on.

There's some nonsensical stuff posted on this forum, but your comment that Edina's stats are "pretty medicore" aside from this one game - when they took 11 other teams to running time - is a whole 'nother level.
Be kind. Rewind.
sparty

Post by sparty »

Especially loved Orono sticking it to Alex. Metro 2-0 this year. Tonka downs D. East. Go metro. North is zeros.
7TIMECHAMPS

Post by 7TIMECHAMPS »

sparty wrote:Especially loved Orono sticking it to Alex. Metro 2-0 this year. Tonka downs D. East. Go metro. North is zeros.
No kidding. I hated last year when a blue collar community team like Rapids won. The only thing that would’ve made this year better is if STA and Hill could have met in the championship. Then we could have seen rich kids that also left their communities behind win. Oh well maybe next year.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

7TIMECHAMPS wrote: The only thing that would’ve made this year better is if STA and Hill could have met in the championship.
I can't get you an all St. Paul final. In 2021 the championship game will be Hill-Murray facing Blake.
Be kind. Rewind.
skiumah

Post by skiumah »

O-townClown wrote:
7TIMECHAMPS wrote: The only thing that would’ve made this year better is if STA and Hill could have met in the championship.
I can't get you an all St. Paul final. In 2021 the championship game will be Hill-Murray facing Blake.
You mean all those public Mpls Storm kids who decided private schools were suddenly in their best interest?
Gov78

Post by Gov78 »

O-townClown wrote:
Think next private school power will be Holy Family but Hill had young team and should make good showing in next couple years as hard as that is for me to say.