New Edina coach

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

warmskin

New Edina coach

Post by warmskin » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:54 pm

How can a team with so much talent not compete well against the best teams? Time for a coach that can motivate and smile on occasion?

east hockey
Site Admin

Re: New Edina coach

Post by east hockey » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:56 pm

warmskin wrote:How can a team with so much talent not compete well against the best teams? Time for a coach that can motivate and smile on occasion?
Kidding, right?
:roll:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:01 pm

east hockey wrote:
warmskin wrote:How can a team with so much talent not compete well against the best teams? Time for a coach that can motivate and smile on occasion?
Kidding, right?
:roll:

Lee
If he isn't, it makes the list of the All-time 10 Dumbest Posts ever on this Forum.

DubCHAGuy

Post by DubCHAGuy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:10 pm

Not sure how long he's been at Edina (early 2000's?) but since 2008 he's had the Hornets playing on semifinal Friday 7 times. At that point anybody can beat anybody. Oh and 3 titles since 2010 is pretty good too.

Hey Lechner is winless in his last 6 state tournament games, and Randolph hasn't won a title in 20 years now, get these bums out of there! :roll:

sparty

Post by sparty » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:11 pm

Making cake overwhelms sometimes.

Joe2015

Post by Joe2015 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:14 pm

Curt Giles wishes he could be Mike Randolph when he grows up

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:00 pm

Still scratching my head on the Chorske move up? Was there a need that had to be filled? Was he tearing it up on jv and just had to have him out there? Extremely strange timing and would think it would be bad for moral.. Does anybody know anything or is this a mute subject?

green4

Post by green4 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:26 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:Still scratching my head on the Chorske move up? Was there a need that had to be filled? Was he tearing it up on jv and just had to have him out there? Extremely strange timing and would think it would be bad for moral.. Does anybody know anything or is this a mute subject?
No idea, but he looked decent to me before he got hurt in the East game. Had a goal a few more chances against lakeville

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:25 pm

green4 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:Still scratching my head on the Chorske move up? Was there a need that had to be filled? Was he tearing it up on jv and just had to have him out there? Extremely strange timing and would think it would be bad for moral.. Does anybody know anything or is this a mute subject?
No idea, but he looked decent to me before he got hurt in the East game. Had a goal a few more chances against lakeville
He looked borderline good... but to take apart something so finely tuned, and at that time? I've never seen something as shocking ever in high school hockey..

Sorry, but this cost them the title imho..

WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:34 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
green4 wrote:
He looked borderline good... but to take apart something so finely tuned, and at that time? I've never seen something as shocking ever in high school hockey..

A dump in by Duluth East getting past the goalie had a bigger effect on their fate than anything Chorske did or didn’t do.

hockey59

Post by hockey59 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:44 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
green4 wrote:

There you have it...The Common Man...PREPOSTEROUS statement WINNER for 2018! 😉 That right wing spot on the DK & LC Line was a revolving door all season!

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:03 pm

hockey59 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
green4 wrote:

There you have it...The Common Man...PREPOSTEROUS statement WINNER for 2018! 😉 That right wing spot on the DK & LC Line was a revolving door all season!
UNPRECEDENTED!!!!

Good thing the coach has a few Stepford dads.. 🤣

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:04 pm

:wink:

LetMeEatCake

Post by LetMeEatCake » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:45 pm

It was changed for the Lakeville North game because of the matchup. Must have figured it could work again Friday night after it showed returns Thursday. I think the bigger issue with the East loss was Garrett's goaltending and Giles not playing top two lines more in the third.
I can have my cake and eat it too.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:16 pm

LetMeEatCake wrote:
It was changed for the Lakeville North game because of the matchup. Must have figured it could work again Friday night after it showed returns Thursday. I think the bigger issue with the East loss was Garrett's goaltending and Giles not playing top two lines more in the third.
But to scorch through sections and then change your "2nd" line right wing for the State Tournament? Then the player you move to the position is a jv player that doesn't have a varsity point this season?

The kid did fine but I think there's no doubt there was enough of a ripple effect... Again, why change something that was so dominant?

I was really hoping for an Edina - MTKA matchup so I'm sorry to those that take my opinion the wrong way.
Last edited by MrBoDangles on Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:29 pm

Bo,

I saw Edina play about half their games this season. The season started with Deekay at center and Malmquist/Crosby on wing.

There were some injuries that necessitated using a 4th liner on this line. Colby answered the bell and delivered results.

Eventually Deekay was moved to wing, Crosby to the middle, and that began a search for the elusive mate.

Chorske is seen as a highly skilled player. He's real tall. (Looks to be about 6'5" when you see him in JV action.) I'm told if you see him off the ice he still has a slight frame. As a result, he isn't used on a "checking" line or in a bit role.

I think you are reading too much into this. Deekay thrives in traffic. In the Duluth East game the Hornets had a great deal of trouble staying on the attack. Credit the Greyhounds for breaking out or clearing the zone quickly all night.

Next year Chorske will be looked toward for a big role. Even with some attrition Edina will have a strong team next season. There's plenty of room open up front as they need to replace Walker, Crosby, Deekay, and an entire 3rd line.
Be kind. Rewind.

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:30 pm

Also worth mentioning the team won two of three games at the state tournament in running time. It wasn't a debacle through and through, but a very tough matchup where an excellent team beat them in the semi.
Be kind. Rewind.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:34 pm

Did the 2nd line change at all through sections?

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:44 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:Did the 2nd line change at all through sections?
I didn't go to the first games because there were more interesting contests the same night. A friend and I called the late call-up and vacillating playing time "the Chorske experiment" throughout the season's final weeks. As another poster has told you, the line with Deekay and Crosby was not settled in the season's latter stages. You'd see something and then mid-period it would switch.
Be kind. Rewind.

GopherHockey

Post by GopherHockey » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:57 pm

Pretty sure Chorske was with Crosby and DK against Wayzata in the section final.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:21 pm

O-townClown wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:Did the 2nd line change at all through sections?
I didn't go to the first games because there were more interesting contests the same night. A friend and I called the late call-up and vacillating playing time "the Chorske experiment" throughout the season's final weeks. As another poster has told you, the line with Deekay and Crosby was not settled in the season's latter stages. You'd see something and then mid-period it would switch.
At least you had a name for it! 😉

I was able to see them a couple times during the season and definitely would not have changed a thing on that 2nd line.