2018-19 Coach Openings

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

Must be a different situation than what I had in mind. What I was wondering about was the potential retirement of a long time coach that’s highly regarded by all. I’ve since confirmed no movement there.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Section 8 guy wrote:Must be a different situation than what I had in mind. What I was wondering about was the potential retirement of a long time coach that’s highly regarded by all. I’ve since confirmed no movement there.
Yeah, the rumored situation in question involves a coach who has not been in his current position for very long. We'll see what happens if/when any news breaks.
kniven

Post by kniven »

karl(east) wrote:
Section 8 guy wrote:Must be a different situation than what I had in mind. What I was wondering about was the potential retirement of a long time coach that’s highly regarded by all. I’ve since confirmed no movement there.
Yeah, the rumored situation in question involves a coach who has not been in his current position for very long. We'll see what happens if/when any news breaks.
Oh for crying out loud! I sure hope this doesn’t involve 218 hockey. I need a break from bad news.
CreaseMonkey

Post by CreaseMonkey »

kniven wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
Oh for crying out loud! I sure hope this doesn’t involve 218 hockey. I need a break from bad news.
zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler »

:roll:
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

Looks like CEC will be looking for a new coach.
https://twitter.com/louiesg3/status/101 ... 47840?s=21
kniven

Post by kniven »

Usthockey13 wrote:Looks like CEC will be looking for a new coach.
https://twitter.com/louiesg3/status/101 ... 47840?s=21
It’s unfortunate that we, CEC Hockey, lose another fine head coach to resignation. It is what it is. I’m not happy about it, but I am a grownup too...well I try to be. I do what I do for the kids, and I need to remember this. I don’t know how long I will be able too do this, but’s it’s why I’ve been insane with my insanity when it comes to CEC puck...
kniven

Post by kniven »

goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

IMHO hiring a teacher is almost always the best option. Smalley underachieving then quitting just looks like a bad hire. It by no means indicates he was a bad hire but in hindsight it looks bad and is bad on the Cloquest AD and school board.
silentbutdeadly3139

Post by silentbutdeadly3139 »

goldy313 wrote:
IMHO hiring a teacher is almost always the best option. Smalley underachieving then quitting just looks like a bad hire. It by no means indicates he was a bad hire but in hindsight it looks bad and is bad on the Cloquest AD and school board.
Why ? I disagree
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

goldy313 wrote:
DWI arrest followed shortly thereafter by a resignation. I don’t think anything that happened on the ice prompted the change.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

silentbutdeadly3139 wrote:
goldy313 wrote:
Why ? I disagree
3 coaches in 3 years screams stability. More it shows the inmates are running the hockey asylum.

Stang may be right on the money, he usually is. That aside the chaos in Cloquet hockey is already benefitting the other 7AA schools.
kniven

Post by kniven »

A team can have all the talent in the world, but nothing beats a great leader/motivator of the kids 🤓
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Knivsy who will be the potential candidates for the job?
kniven

Post by kniven »

Off the top of my head......Shea Walters, Kyle Young.
Upfan111

Post by Upfan111 »

kniven wrote:Off the top of my head......Shea Walters, Kyle Young.
Any other names? Jago? Peart? Any interest from Millen? Langenbrunner? Bruce Plante?
housegoat32

Post by housegoat32 »

Stauber at Proctor, Larson formerly of Virginia, or Costley at Moose Lake.
kniven

Post by kniven »

housegoat32 wrote:Stauber at Proctor, Larson formerly of Virginia, or Costley at Moose Lake.
I am sure there will plenty of interest. I just hope they hire a new head coach as soon as possible ....
Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister »

housegoat32 wrote:Stauber at Proctor, Larson formerly of Virginia, or Costley at Moose Lake.

:) good ones! Stauber - AD in Proctor. Larson took new teaching job in Rapids I believe and no idea on Costley.

Plante? That would be interesting
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Rocketwrister wrote:

:) good ones! Stauber - AD in Proctor. Larson took new teaching job in Rapids I believe and no idea on Costley.

The first thing they'd have to do is opt back to Class A. :)

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Upfan111

Post by Upfan111 »

east hockey wrote:
Rocketwrister wrote:

The first thing they'd have to do is opt back to Class A. :)

Lee
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :lol:
evegoe

Post by evegoe »

bardown27 wrote:SPA head coaching position is posted on state high school league
https://www.spa.edu/page.cfm?p=731&team ... ay=Coaches

Eddie Wynne is the new HC.
hadenuf

Post by hadenuf »

HERMAN MUNSTER????????????? :shock: