Spring HP 15 Tryouts

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Duluth_Topper

Spring HP 15 Tryouts

Post by Duluth_Topper » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:22 am

Curious what numbers looked like at other districts.

District 11 had 25 total including 2 goalies. This is up slightly from last years 14's.

Interesting that there was 13 kids from Hermantown.

Goose21

Post by Goose21 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:08 am

What is the invite process? I heard that any 03s (for HP15) that played A/AA were automatically invited, but that coaches could also nominate B players.

With Hermantown having both A and AA teams, I could see 13 invites.
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck

Duluth_Topper

Post by Duluth_Topper » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:14 am

Great question.

Although I already knew from doing it last year and keeping up on the MNHockey site I was also forwarded all the info from Coach Flaherty at Duluth Marshall. I know for a fact that every other HS coach in the area also received the same email to send out for invites.

I believe the rest of the kids are this; 3 - Duluth East, 2 - Duluth Marshall, 1 - Moose Lake, 2 - North Shore, & 4 - Cloquet.

kniven

Post by kniven » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:07 am

Duluth_Topper wrote:Great question.

Although I already knew from doing it last year and keeping up on the MNHockey site I was also forwarded all the info from Coach Flaherty at Duluth Marshall. I know for a fact that every other HS coach in the area also received the same email to send out for invites.

I believe the rest of the kids are this; 3 - Duluth East, 2 - Duluth Marshall, 1 - Moose Lake, 2 - North Shore, & 4 - Cloquet.
Hermantown and Duluth East on top of the food chain regarding hockey in the Duluth area. It’s just the way it is.

Goose21

Post by Goose21 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:44 am

kniven wrote:

Hermantown and Duluth East on top of the food chain regarding hockey in the Duluth area. It’s just the way it is.
Cloquet Bantam AA dominated at regions and finished third at state.

kniven

Post by kniven » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Goose21 wrote:
kniven wrote:

Yes they did :). It was awesome! CEC high school hockey has a three year window starting in 2018-2019. Hermantown and Duluth East don’t have windows though. CEC”s window actually started opened in 16-17. We lost toEast 1-0 in the semi”s splitting with Rapids during the season. This year the wheels just fell off. 18-19 will be the peak year, next year.

SpOilerfan

Post by SpOilerfan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:27 pm

kniven wrote:
Goose21 wrote:
kniven wrote:

Yes they did :). It was awesome! CEC high school hockey has a three year window starting in 2018-2019. Hermantown and Duluth East don’t have windows though. CEC”s window actually started opened in 16-17. We lost toEast 1-0 in the semi”s splitting with Rapids during the season. This year the wheels just fell off. 18-19 will be the peak year, next year.
I thought it was the last game of the regular season 16-17 over Proctor 3 to 2?

kniven

Post by kniven » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:44 pm

SpOilerfan wrote:
kniven wrote:
Goose21 wrote:
kniven wrote:

Yes they did :). It was awesome! CEC high school hockey has a three year window starting in 2018-2019. Hermantown and Duluth East don’t have windows though’ because their windows never shut. CEC”s window actually started opened in 16-17. We lost toEast 1-0 in the semi”s splitting with Rapids during the season. This year the wheels just fell off. 18-19 will be the peak year, next year.
I thought it was the last game of the regular season 16-17 over Proctor 3 to 2?
Nope. I was there. The results of that game were never in doubt despite the close score.

northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:07 pm

Goose21 wrote:
kniven wrote:

Not meaning to slight Cloquet efforts at Bantam AA state. They showed very well winning the consolation championship.
https://www.minnesotahockey.org/page/sh ... a-2017-18-

No question they will be tough to beat in 2019. Rooting for them to make St. Paul as the 7AA Champions.

Goose21

Post by Goose21 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:34 pm

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Goose21 wrote:
kniven wrote:

Not meaning to slight Cloquet efforts at Bantam AA state. They showed very well winning the consolation championship.
https://www.minnesotahockey.org/page/sh ... a-2017-18-

No question they will be tough to beat in 2019. Rooting for them to make St. Paul as the 7AA Champions.
Thanks. You are right. For some reason my brain equated consolidation with third as I typed.

kniven

Post by kniven » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:38 pm

Thank you, old timer. 7AA is a gauntlet for sure. Especially with Hermantown opting up as soon as they can. CEC competes every year no matter the talent level. So not only will we compete, again, next year..........but also win the section, and represent 7AA at the state tournament. Hockey is so hard, but that’s why I love High School hockey, 218 puck, so much.

InThePipes

Post by InThePipes » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:30 am

Observations from the weekend?

zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:05 pm

InThePipes wrote:Observations from the weekend?
For that matter, any news on the USA camp picks for the age groups ?

BP

Post by BP » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:16 am

zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote:
All are posted on the Minnesota Hockey website. 16's and 17's for National Camps posted and the 14's and 15's for the Top 102's for St. Cloud in June is on there as well.

zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:38 pm

BP wrote:
zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote:
All are posted on the Minnesota Hockey website. 16's and 17's for National Camps posted and the 14's and 15's for the Top 102's for St. Cloud in June is on there as well.
Thanks. Must have missed them, have to look again.