Early Departures 2018-19

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

612hockeytown
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by 612hockeytown » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:12 pm

formersection3Afan wrote:
WestMetro wrote:62

My info is he never signed with WHL, was at Nat Camp in Buffalo , not on ice for LVN Tonka scrimmage a couple weeks ago . And not on Elite roster. At this point seems like things are uncertain . Maybe Minnscout knows more.
Would not have made the Elite League, would not have received a tryout invite.
Does that go for another Wayzata kid as well, one that did 16s? Only one Trojan kid rostered.

karl(east)
Posts: 6083
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:03 pm
Contact:

Post by karl(east) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:02 am

Is Aaron Huglen confirmed gone, or is his appearance on the list a presumption based on the fact that he's not on an Elite League roster?

O-townClown
Posts: 3622
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Post by O-townClown » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:42 am

612hockeytown wrote:Does that go for another Wayzata kid as well, one that did 16s? Only one Trojan kid rostered.
The dearth of Wayzata kids being considered for the Elite League is peculiar. One was apparently on a team before the tryout last weekend, but no others were initially invited to the tryout.

Sad tale that Ryan Mulrenin, who led the High Performance tryout weekend in scoring for 2002s and was passed over for a National Camp invite, was able to get in a game as an Elite League tryout alternate and promptly was injured his first shift. Collarbone or shoulder injury and hopefully will be fully mended before HS games begin in a few months.

I am surprised a few more weren't in the mix. Their summer team won three games in the Braemar tournament before losing 3-2 to Duluth East. Some folks see the Trojans as a Top 10 team in 2018-19.
Be kind. Rewind.

612hockeytown
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by 612hockeytown » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:54 am

O-townClown wrote:
612hockeytown wrote:Does that go for another Wayzata kid as well, one that did 16s? Only one Trojan kid rostered.
The dearth of Wayzata kids being considered for the Elite League is peculiar. One was apparently on a team before the tryout last weekend, but no others were initially invited to the tryout.

Sad tale that Ryan Mulrenin, who led the High Performance tryout weekend in scoring for 2002s and was passed over for a National Camp invite, was able to get in a game as an Elite League tryout alternate and promptly was injured his first shift. Collarbone or shoulder injury and hopefully will be fully mended before HS games begin in a few months.

I am surprised a few more weren't in the mix. Their summer team won three games in the Braemar tournament before losing 3-2 to Duluth East. Some folks see the Trojans as a Top 10 team in 2018-19.
Wayzata parent told me at the summer fest that the aforementioned kid apparently let the St Cloud campus during his 15s summer camp for food and was kicked out and had an impact on this year’s 16s (and probably 17s in the future). FWIW. Ton of talent there. I believe he came from Florida.

They were strict with the girls at St Cloud when my daughter was there for Nattys. You don’t want to be on the bad side of MN or USA hockey. Maybe someone can verify or confirm.

O-townClown
Posts: 3622
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Re:

Post by O-townClown » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:55 pm

TheNightman wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:00 pm
Mitch Kohner (Lakeville North) supposedly signed with Prince George of the WHL.
I have heard he left for Dub Life this week.
Be kind. Rewind.

elliott70
Posts: 13056
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by elliott70 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:24 am

I don't know the kid but hope it works out for him.

keepyourheadup
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by keepyourheadup » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:34 am

Found a great site for tracking performance by Minnesotans in the dub, quanthockey.com. Each kids situation is uniquely their own and it’s unfair to judge their decisions from afar but success has been tough to come by for most. Big Buff, Tyler Pitlick and Peter Mueller appear to have had the most success. If the goal was the NHL it’s my opinion that there is no advantage in heading north. College isn’t for every kid but I hope the dub isn’t selling these kids on the “quickest route” theory.

Duluth_Topper
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:09 pm
Location: Duluth, MN

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by Duluth_Topper » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:28 am

Duluth Marshall Junior D - Nolan Krenzen - Sioux City Musketeers

TheNightman
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by TheNightman » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:01 am

How sure are we about Frisch, Huglen, and Brodzinski?

ThatMNHockeyGuy62
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:44 am

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:10 pm

TheNightman wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:01 am
How sure are we about Frisch, Huglen, and Brodzinski?
I believe Frisch and Brodzinski are over 90% sure, but the Huglen part appears to be less certain. Fargo and the USHL twitter accounts seems to think he’s going to Fargo, but the Roseau account thinks he’s staying.

7TIMECHAMPS
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:58 pm

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by 7TIMECHAMPS » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:37 pm

If you look at the link in the "All American Prospects" thread on this forum they have Frisch's 2018-2019 team as Green Bay and Huglen's as Roseau High. Not sure if this is information submitted by the players or where it comes from. Maybe somebody else out there knows?

ThatMNHockeyGuy62
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:44 am

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:18 am

I think it was assumed by most already, but Brady Meyer is officially heading to Des Moines of USHL and leaving North Branch this season.

CHI-TOWN HOCKEYDAD
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by CHI-TOWN HOCKEYDAD » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:56 am

Blaine Junior Goalie Benson to Sioux Falls Power U18

northwoods oldtimer
Posts: 2412
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:51 pm

That is a good move for Brady Meyer.

TheNightman
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by TheNightman » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:13 am

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:51 pm
That is a good move for Brady Meyer.
Agree, generally not a fan of early departures but another year at North Branch wasn't going to do him much good. He will be interesting to follow this year.

BP
Posts: 801
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 am

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by BP » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:41 am

CHI-TOWN HOCKEYDAD wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:56 am
Blaine Junior Goalie Benson to Sioux Falls Power U18
Interesting move when the already have CC commit Hobie Hedquist on that U18 roster.

karl(east)
Posts: 6083
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by karl(east) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:14 pm

Don't think I've seen this posted on here yet, so we can add two Elk River players to the list: Sr F Jack Perbix (USHL-Green Bay) and Sr D Joey Foss (NAHL-Odessa).

minnscout
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by minnscout » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:31 pm

BP wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:41 am
CHI-TOWN HOCKEYDAD wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:56 am
Blaine Junior Goalie Benson to Sioux Falls Power U18
Interesting move when the already have CC commit Hobie Hedquist on that U18 roster.
Hedquist is 03 and on the u16 team

ThatMNHockeyGuy62
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:44 am

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:17 am

USHL 30 man rosters and affiliate lists released:

https://t.co/NFQHqelLzZ?amp=1

Very little we can determine for certain from these, but generally those on 30 man roster are playing USHL this season either full time or before/after. Can also usually assume those on affiliate list are not playing with the team this year, though they are allowed to do preseason. Of course, this all could change and we’ll know more when 23 man rosters come out in late Sep. Fun to theorize though!

Couple notables: Ben Helgeson was assumed (I thought) to be gone, but is on affiliate list, not 30 man roster. Could mean he is coming back?

Three supposed-to-be-returning Skippers are on 30 man rosters: Brink, Luedtke, Docter. Assuming they are all before/after though. Side note... who has Bayless’ rights? Didn’t see him on any affiliate lists but could have missed him.

With this and Elite League starting, hockey is in the air!

stpaul
Posts: 1074
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:26 am

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by stpaul » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:52 pm

Ben Helgeson's scoring, experience and senior leadership would sure be welcome if he returns to Hill-Murray. Strobel, Pierre and Eischen have tons of potential but are still youngsters. Hopefully he and his family have learned through recent history good hockey players (Mittelstadt) do not have to leave early to get to the next level.

JerseyDave
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by JerseyDave » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:33 pm

ThatMNHockeyGuy62 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:17 am
USHL 30 man rosters and affiliate lists released:

https://t.co/NFQHqelLzZ?amp=1

Side note... who has Bayless’ rights? Didn’t see him on any affiliate lists but could have missed him.
According to Elite Prospects, the Des Moines Buccaneers drafted Jack Bayless. He's not listed on the roster or affiliate list.
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/4 ... ck-bayless

ThatMNHockeyGuy62
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:44 am

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:36 pm

JerseyDave wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:33 pm
ThatMNHockeyGuy62 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:17 am
USHL 30 man rosters and affiliate lists released:

https://t.co/NFQHqelLzZ?amp=1

Side note... who has Bayless’ rights? Didn’t see him on any affiliate lists but could have missed him.
According to Elite Prospects, the Des Moines Buccaneers drafted Jack Bayless. He's not listed on the roster or affiliate list.
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/4 ... ck-bayless
Thanks JD. Interesting. Total conjecture, but it’s possible they received word he would be heading straight to college after high school, so they didn’t want to use a spot on their affiliate list for him.

JerseyDave
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by JerseyDave » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:27 pm

ThatMNHockeyGuy62 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:36 pm
Thanks JD. Interesting. Total conjecture, but it’s possible they received word he would be heading straight to college after high school, so they didn’t want to use a spot on their affiliate list for him.
Elite Prospects has him at UMass-Lowell for this upcoming season (2018-19). I assume that's an error. As far as I know, Minnetonka doesn't have any early departures.
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/4 ... ck-bayless

blueblood
Posts: 2286
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:36 am
Location: Tonka

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by blueblood » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:26 pm

Anyone know what team Warnert of Chaska is rostered for the fall? Not on an elite league roster and not on the Fargo Force list either.
Play Like a Champion Today

BP
Posts: 801
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 am

Re: Early Departures 2018-19

Post by BP » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:46 am

blueblood wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:26 pm
Anyone know what team Warnert of Chaska is rostered for the fall? Not on an elite league roster and not on the Fargo Force list either.

Might be on U18 Blades? Roster isn't posted though. I didn't see him on any of the NAHL rosters either.

Post Reply