Brinkman to Gophers early?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:16 am

Thanks Green4;
And a certain Wayzata Dman had a great season in Waterloo!!

But of course there are no biased posters on this Forum!

WM, always some love for Wayzata kids and fun to bring in Wayzata kids into a Hornet conversation! GB

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:32 pm

GoldenBear wrote:I wish BB the best. I wonder if him being down in juniors for a month and a half after the season and being a healthy scratch in crowd had any bearing on his decision to not play Juniors this year or next year. Kind of a screw you guys mentality and that escalated him to Gophers. I saw that two Wayzata kids Ness and Schmidt got playing time after the season but Brinkman didn't.

Really interesting how many Hornets will be on the Gophers, may need Green4's analysis and another thread--but other then Ander's Lee, have any Hornets had a stellar college career in the past six/seven years? Not asking to pick on any kids, just using it as a potential gage to BB's college career--which may be two, three or four years.

The Phillips situation really puzzled me last year, he was basically a high school senior that was called up mid-season for the Gophers last year and he was a healthy scratch at the end of season-many games. I actually like Phillip's game a lot and put him equal to BB; actually liked Zulhsdorf's game better than both. Regardless, playing college hockey is great for these kids and I hope they all have good experiences that aren't limited by brash decisions.

GB
Phillips looked lost last season when they called him up mid-season. I'm sure it didn't help to just be thrown in with the wolves and on the PP. The Goph's were looking for anything to spark their PP during the season.

Doesn't surprise me one bit that BB is going to the Gophers next season. Anybody that can be a varsity captain as a sophomore, especially on a good team, must be something special.

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:29 pm

GB

With frequent trips around the college circuit next season , you will probably not be hanging around the West / Northwest Metro ? Please give us your Trojans outlook now, and more importantly advance tips to O’Leary!