7A - Thoughts

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

kniven
Posts: 2271
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by kniven » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Northernlakes wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:49 pm
Those Denfeld kids will not leave the program. Fact.
Yes sir.

That’s awesome.

rainier2
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by rainier2 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:22 pm

Northernlakes wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:49 pm
Those Denfeld kids will not leave the program. Fact.
Yes sir.
Hopefully you're right, because by the time they're juniors, 7A could be theirs for the taking, provided HermAAntown opts up. It looks like Greenway and Eveleth will drop off after two years, Virginia will drop after this season, and I don't see anyone else in 7A loading up with a dazzling class in the next 3-4 years.

Jeffy95
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:45 am

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by Jeffy95 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:24 pm

kniven wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:23 pm
Duluth East’s BantamAA Team is a feeder to high school, and that’s about it. Since I’ve been around, Randolph commonly brings 2,3, or 4 up to high school every year. I assume Duluth Eas could care less how the Bantam team does. It would be nice, very nice to see those 3 boys stay at Denfeld, but that’s difficult to believe they will. Hermantown HS hockey is the proffered feeder program to UMD.
Last edited by Jeffy95 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffy95
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:45 am

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by Jeffy95 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:28 pm

rainier2 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:22 pm
Northernlakes wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:49 pm
Those Denfeld kids will not leave the program. Fact.
Yes sir.
Hopefully you're right, because by the time they're juniors, 7A could be theirs for the taking, provided HermAAntown opts up. It looks like Greenway and Eveleth will drop off after two years, Virginia will drop after this season, and I don't see anyone else in 7A loading up with a dazzling class in the next 3-4 years.
Hermantown is not opting up.

kniven
Posts: 2271
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by kniven » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:46 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:28 pm
rainier2 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:22 pm
Northernlakes wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:49 pm
Those Denfeld kids will not leave the program. Fact.
Yes sir.
Hopefully you're right, because by the time they're juniors, 7A could be theirs for the taking, provided HermAAntown opts up. It looks like Greenway and Eveleth will drop off after two years, Virginia will drop after this season, and I don't see anyone else in 7A loading up with a dazzling class in the next 3-4 years.
Hermantown is not opting up.
I second that, Jeffry. In fact, I’d like to think CEC opts down in a couple years. I’d really miss the Duluth East rivalry, but we have absolutely zero chance ever in 7AA. Maybe once every 50 years. It would actually be a lot more fun for me, anyway. A person can only get hit in the head so many times. I’m totally energized by the girls moving to A 👍.

Jeffy95
Posts: 714
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:45 am

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by Jeffy95 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:07 pm

kniven wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Jeffy95 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:28 pm
rainier2 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:22 pm


Hopefully you're right, because by the time they're juniors, 7A could be theirs for the taking, provided HermAAntown opts up. It looks like Greenway and Eveleth will drop off after two years, Virginia will drop after this season, and I don't see anyone else in 7A loading up with a dazzling class in the next 3-4 years.
Hermantown is not opting up.
I second that, Jeffry. In fact, I’d like to think CEC opts down in a couple years. I’d really miss the Duluth East rivalry, but we have absolutely zero chance ever in 7AA. Maybe once every 50 years. It would actually be a lot more fun for me, anyway. A person can only get hit in the head so many times. I’m totally energized by the girls moving to A 👍.
Could be good for them as they would most likely end up in 5A. Guessing Marshall will be back in 7A next year, possibly sending Proctor to 5A, depending on how many teams are in each section. Monticello is sitting at 1169 students this year and will most likely keep growing. Not sure what the current enrollment cutoff is.
Last edited by Jeffy95 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

elliott70
Posts: 13031
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by elliott70 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:49 pm

1246 I think

northwoods oldtimer
Posts: 2406
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:18 pm

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:05 pm
northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:04 am
Unacceptable loss by Greenway last night 4-3 OT to Denfeld.

Rapids - VMIB about where expected with the tight 4-3 game.
Rapidly Declining on pace for another 8 win season. Where is the improvement?
Expected Virginia to be the deeper team in the matchup but still cannot win on the road.
I believe Rapids to be a different team this year. They are playing a nice transition game and keeping the SOG fairly even. Goaltending is still very good, even without Holum.(whom I considered as good as any I have seen) They are definitely improved from last year.
You forgot to count the Minnetonka game I am guessing :P
I hope you are correct but so far it identical to last year.

7A is the go to games this year boys!! :lol:

rainier2
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by rainier2 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:04 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:28 pm
rainier2 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:22 pm
Northernlakes wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:49 pm
Those Denfeld kids will not leave the program. Fact.
Yes sir.
Hopefully you're right, because by the time they're juniors, 7A could be theirs for the taking, provided HermAAntown opts up. It looks like Greenway and Eveleth will drop off after two years, Virginia will drop after this season, and I don't see anyone else in 7A loading up with a dazzling class in the next 3-4 years.
Hermantown is not opting up.
Yeah, I can see how they wouldn't feel ready to make the move yet, considering this "down" Hermantown team just lost in OT to THE LARGEST AND RICHEST SCHOOL IN THE ENTIRE STATE!!!!! (A team that lost to #2 in AA East by one goal, by the way.) And when you add in the narrow 1 goal victory over the Lakeville school that only has 300 more kids than Duluth East, they really should pump the brakes on this whole opt up to AA thing. Remember the mantra: "If we can't beat everyone in AA, all the time, then we have no business being in AA." :D

ironranger2
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by ironranger2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:26 pm

Virginia down 4-0 to Warroad early in the 2nd. Zero fight from the Blue Devils.

rainier2
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by rainier2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:31 pm

rainier2 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:04 pm
Jeffy95 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:28 pm
rainier2 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:22 pm


Hopefully you're right, because by the time they're juniors, 7A could be theirs for the taking, provided HermAAntown opts up. It looks like Greenway and Eveleth will drop off after two years, Virginia will drop after this season, and I don't see anyone else in 7A loading up with a dazzling class in the next 3-4 years.
Hermantown is not opting up.
Yeah, I can see how they wouldn't feel ready to make the move yet, considering this "down" Hermantown team just lost in OT to THE LARGEST AND RICHEST SCHOOL IN THE ENTIRE STATE!!!!! (A team that lost to #2 in AA East by one goal, by the way.) And when you add in the narrow 1 goal victory over the Lakeville school that only has 300 more kids than Duluth East, they really should pump the brakes on this whole opt up to AA thing. Remember the mantra: "If we can't beat everyone in AA, all the time, then we have no business being in AA." :D
Now the Hawks beat Eden Prairie, but this is a "down" year for the Eagles, so let's not get all AA-crazy just yet. :D

hockey59
Posts: 1290
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:01 am

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by hockey59 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:36 pm

Hermantown takes down EP tonight 5-2...a team with three players committed to the Gophers ☝️Yea...moving up to AA is too big a jump for these sandbaggers...DE might derail them from time to time...too big a risk to take 😳🙄 =D>

ironranger2
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by ironranger2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 pm

6-0 Warroad after 2.

Time to head home, Blue Devils look terrible. If they don’t get things fixed, Denfeld is going to skate circles around them next week.

rainier2
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by rainier2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:21 pm

ironranger2 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 pm
6-0 Warroad after 2.

Time to head home, Blue Devils look terrible. If they don’t get things fixed, Denfeld is going to skate circles around them next week.
Any thoughts as to why the Virginia coach started the struggling goalie again? Looks like he got pulled again tonight. Would have thought the job would be Kreibich's until his play dictated otherwise.

CreaseMonkey
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:17 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by CreaseMonkey » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:17 am

rainier2 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:21 pm
ironranger2 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 pm
6-0 Warroad after 2.

Time to head home, Blue Devils look terrible. If they don’t get things fixed, Denfeld is going to skate circles around them next week.
Any thoughts as to why the Virginia coach started the struggling goalie again? Looks like he got pulled again tonight. Would have thought the job would be Kreibich's until his play dictated otherwise.
Kreibich is the one who got pulled tonight.

rainier2
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by rainier2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:28 am

CreaseMonkey wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:17 am
rainier2 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:21 pm
ironranger2 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 pm
6-0 Warroad after 2.

Time to head home, Blue Devils look terrible. If they don’t get things fixed, Denfeld is going to skate circles around them next week.
Any thoughts as to why the Virginia coach started the struggling goalie again? Looks like he got pulled again tonight. Would have thought the job would be Kreibich's until his play dictated otherwise.
Kreibich is the one who got pulled tonight.
Ah, thanks for the info. 19/22 doesn't seem too bad, but perhaps they were some softies.

northwoods oldtimer
Posts: 2406
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:27 am

I see that Greenways woes are lack of scoring to date. What looked to be 2 formidable scoring lines has only amassed a 3.0 goal per game average. While last seasons unheralded line up was clipping along at 5.6 goals per game and a 2.2 goal against average.

3 per game ain't shabby if you can keep your goals against at 2 or less which is challenge to get out of 3 lines of HS kids. #-o

rainier2
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by rainier2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:28 am

I'm not drinking the Denfeld Kool-Aid just yet. Yes, they did get the OT win over Greenway, but they were outshot by 30. If the Denfeld goalie can do this with some degree of regularity, then they just may be the #2 or 3 team in 7A. Tonight's Denfeld-Virginia game should give us some clarity. I'll take the Blue Devils to win, 4-2.

elliott70
Posts: 13031
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by elliott70 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:40 am

rainier2 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:28 am
I'm not drinking the Denfeld Kool-Aid just yet. Yes, they did get the OT win over Greenway, but they were outshot by 30. If the Denfeld goalie can do this with some degree of regularity, then they just may be the #2 or 3 team in 7A. Tonight's Denfeld-Virginia game should give us some clarity. I'll take the Blue Devils to win, 4-2.
I will take that bet.

ILTG
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:41 am

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by ILTG » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:37 am

rainier2 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:28 am
but they were outshot by 30.

Fake news = Home cookin. I'm guessing we will see the Hunters Jr. netminder tonight. They have been rotating. Something coach did last year too.

rainier2
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by rainier2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:10 am

ILTG wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:37 am
rainier2 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:28 am
but they were outshot by 30.

Fake news = Home cookin. I'm guessing we will see the Hunters Jr. netminder tonight. They have been rotating. Something coach did last year too.
Home cooking? Denfeld only had 4 more penalty minutes. Did these 4 pp minutes result in an extra 30 shots for the Raiders?

ILTG
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:41 am

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by ILTG » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:41 am

Nope they were outshot. It was not by 30.

greenwayraider
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:54 am
Location: Bovey

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by greenwayraider » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:01 am

rainier2 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:28 am
I'm not drinking the Denfeld Kool-Aid just yet. Yes, they did get the OT win over Greenway, but they were outshot by 30. If the Denfeld goalie can do this with some degree of regularity, then they just may be the #2 or 3 team in 7A. Tonight's Denfeld-Virginia game should give us some clarity. I'll take the Blue Devils to win, 4-2.
The game is at the Heritage Center and given how poorly Virginia plays on the road it would not surprise me to see Denfeld win and pretty much take the inside track on the #2 seed.

That guy for that thing
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:54 pm
Location: Hinckley

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by That guy for that thing » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:05 am

ILTG wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:41 am
Nope they were outshot. It was not by 30.
DD SOG = 23 with 4 GF
GW SOG = 53 with 3 GF

ILTG
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:41 am

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by ILTG » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:19 am

You have never seen home team "bias" on the shot clock?

Post Reply