Scrimmage scores

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

blueblood

Scrimmage scores

Post by blueblood »

With the weekend scrimmages upon us, feel free to post the "official, unofficial" scrimmage scores here from known festivals such as BSM, Blaine, Buffalo, Cloquet and Moorhead.
Play Like a Champion Today
Stang5280

Re: Scrimmage scores

Post by Stang5280 »

Here’s the Buffalo Scrimmage Fest schedule for those interested. Here are some of the better matchups, which I will try to update with scores.

Friday 11/16
4:45 Buffalo vs St. Cloud Cathedral

Saturday 11/17
11:45 Buffalo vs White Bear Lake
3:30 Wayzata vs Elk River
6;00 STMA vs Elk River
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Are there two Buffaloes? Looks like an awful lot of hockey.
Be kind. Rewind.
HMHF

Post by HMHF »

H-M 5-1 over Grand Rapids
H-M 6-1 over Greenway
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

Hill-Murray controlled the scrimmage with Greenway for the 60 minutes. No sustained pressure at all for Greenway. Hill was faster, stronger and had pin point passing. Greenway has a long ways to go to be able to compete with good teams. It’s early in the season but didn’t like what I saw. The goalie for Greenway looked good. He played the first 30 minutes and only allowed 2 goals. I couldn’t believe the size of the crowd. The arena was half full. It will be interesting on how they look against New Prague and Cloquet tomorrow.
ThatMNHockeyGuy62

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 »

greenwayraider wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:40 pm Hill-Murray controlled the scrimmage with Greenway for the 60 minutes. No sustained pressure at all for Greenway. Hill was faster, stronger and had pin point passing. Greenway has a long ways to go to be able to compete with good teams. It’s early in the season but didn’t like what I saw. The goalie for Greenway looked good. He played the first 30 minutes and only allowed 2 goals. I couldn’t believe the size of the crowd. The arena was half full. It will be interesting on how they look against New Prague and Cloquet tomorrow.
Were both team's big guns playing? Obviously you were there and know better than any, but as more of a general comment it's probably a good time to remind everybody as we enter scrimmage season that many teams won't be playing their top line or two in order to sort out their bubble players. Fun to watch and get an idea on depth, but non-attenders shouldn't look too much into the box scores.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

H-M had all of their Varsity players except for Sam Carr who is due back on Monday. I know that Clafton played the entire time for Rapids, but not sure about the rest of the team. H-M goalies split both scrimmages in half.
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions
kniven

Post by kniven »

Oly smokes! Greenway came absolutely ready to play some hockey today against my purple! I don’t think anybody scored. Both goaltenders were awesome! Three 20 minute periods running time with only a 2 minute break between periods. That was sure fun to watch! Both squads had multiple excellent scoring opportunities. Greenway is for real, y’all.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

Good to hear the Raiders bounced back. Was pretty discouraged after their performance against Hill.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Grand Rapids just played CEC in the barn. The orange with 4 goals and my purple 1 goal. Lake Superior Conference jamboree on Tuesday then let the season begin :).....
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Elk River & Wayzata 2-2

Heard Wayzata 3-1 over Rogers
Be kind. Rewind.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Also heard 8-1 Edina over Tonka

Don’t believe it
Be kind. Rewind.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Elk River is whipping up on both St. Michael and Albertville. 3-0 in first half
Be kind. Rewind.
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

Thanks for the updates from Buffalo, OTC. Any word on scores from the Bison games? My Buffalo friend wasn’t able to attend and I’m curious how they fared.
ThatMNHockeyGuy62

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 »

O-townClown wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:57 pm Also heard 8-1 Edina over Tonka

Don’t believe it
I wouldn’t be shocked. Tonka has a battle for their 2nd-4th lines so they probably didn’t play top group. Would guess Luedtke/Docter played sparingly too. Somebody who was there able to confirm score/who played?
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Also heard Edina 9-4 ovef a Tonka team using this as extended tryout.
Be kind. Rewind.
CHI-TOWN HOCKEYDAD

Post by CHI-TOWN HOCKEYDAD »

WBL 4 Osseo 1
WBL 0 Buffalo 0
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

Remember scrimmages, not games...
AHA 1 AV 0
AHA2 Tartan 0

Not sure about AV vs Tartan
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

CHI-TOWN HOCKEYDAD wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:49 am WBL 4 Osseo 1
WBL 0 Buffalo 0
Thanks! That latter one must’ve been a thriller, but the boys probably had some tired legs by then.
chester1991

Post by chester1991 »

Buffalo 0 Spring Lake Park 0

St Louis Park 4 Spring Lake Park 3
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Apparently Edina Borst had 5 goals this weekend
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

kniven wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:34 pm Grand Rapids just played CEC in the barn. The orange with 4 goals and my purple 1 goal. Lake Superior Conference jamboree on Tuesday then let the season begin :).....
Didn’t Rapids play CEC junior varsity? Rapids varsity played New Prague varsity and Greenway played New Prague junior varsity. Strange scrimmage format if that is true.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Raider,very excited about this team!

Your thoughts on How will they fare against top 20 AA teams on their schedule ?

Have you got a prediction on what will be their record by the end of the regular season?
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

The only AA team I expect them to beat is Bemidji. Almost all of the other games with AA opponents (Holy Family, Blake, Chaska, Roseau, Hermantown) are on the road. The lone home game is against Moorhead. If they could win one or even two against those teams it would be a very good sign. Realistically the only other game I see winnable is Roseau. I think they’ll be able to hang around for awhile in the other games and maybe steal a game. If that talented sophomore class improved as much as Dante Lawson did they might have a very good year. The best indicator on their season may well be their weekend games with Chaska and Orono the first weekend in January. If they do well then they will really give Hermantown something to think about. Given that brutal schedule they could lose anywhere from 5-10 games and still be a good Class A team. My guess is that they’ll be 17-8 going into Sectionals.
kniven

Post by kniven »

greenwayraider wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:31 am
kniven wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:34 pm Grand Rapids just played CEC in the barn. The orange with 4 goals and my purple 1 goal. Lake Superior Conference jamboree on Tuesday then let the season begin :).....
Didn’t Rapids play CEC junior varsity? Rapids varsity played New Prague varsity and Greenway played New Prague junior varsity. Strange scrimmage format if that is true.
Yes. I think it was Rapids JV vs. CEC JV. It’s still a nice statement win by Rapids JV.