Eden Prairie …

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

1excg

Eden Prairie …

Post by 1excg » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:13 pm

Haven’t heard much or found much online other than roster.

Scrimmages? Player updates?

ThatMNHockeyGuy62

Re: Eden Prairie …

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:27 pm

Gained 2 elite bantams and another decent one or two. Lost a few key seniors including goalie but not terrible losses there, plus the early loss of Busby and Peichowski, and injury of Jones. Jensen looks up and running and ready to go. If you already knew all that, then I don’t have anything else for you!

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:04 pm

A team not to be underestimated, with most the hype around Tonka and Chaska in 2AA

Jensen and John M both set to have super years. John M really outperformed in fall Elite action,
Solid returner Fs Wilhite and Rudrud also

New faces Batchelder and Holt both were huge as EP went deep into Bantam Trny last year

Also Luke M , who leads D Corp along with Langefels (sp?) and Pajor

Bullis solid in goal

Having said all that, picking Cretin to win at home by 1 this Saturday

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:50 pm

WestMetro wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:04 pm
A team not to be underestimated
Agree completely. Their schedule was a gauntlet last year and the losses were usually by a goal. Nothing they face this season will be over their heads.

Rudrud did very well in Elite League action. Several players (Pajor, Smith as examples) looked good in fall Midget play for teams like the Blizzard.

Jack Jensen going undrafted baffles me. He was impressive last season. Always within two strides of the puck.
Be kind. Rewind.

1excg

Post by 1excg » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Thanks! The info & updates are much appreciated.

CakeScout17

Post by CakeScout17 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:12 pm

Jensen at Turkey Trot all weekend greeting all his old Edina buddies (was fun chatting w/ others re: what the Edina roster would look like this year IF all were still in Edina...then we shifted to what MG would look like - wow! Might be a 'see ya at the X for the Finals' deal????)

Was Jensen of age for NHL draft last June? He's an August, 2000 born so I don't think so. However, word was that he seemed to level off a bit and struggled to find his scoring niche w/o Mittlestadt feeding him from '16-'17. This is huge year for him to lead EP, dominate the scoring sheets and rise to that next level - lot of F's coming in to Dinkytown next year or two and NHL scouts are watching closer than ever. Best wishes and stay healthy JJ!

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:55 pm

Cake , just going by memory , but I thought JJ was draft eligible last year and bounced around between 100 and 150 on various CSS reports

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:58 pm

Cutoff is September 15th or thereabouts. He was draft eligible and was unselected. That would not have been the case if I had a pick!
Be kind. Rewind.

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:01 pm

CakeScout17 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:12 pm
(was fun chatting w/ others re: what the Edina roster would look like this year IF all were still in Edina...then we shifted to what MG would look like - wow! Might be a 'see ya at the X for the Finals' deal????)
Playing the what if game gives Minnetonka Bobby Brink and Clay Hanus. I wouldn't count them out either.
Be kind. Rewind.

CakeScout17

Post by CakeScout17 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:38 am

O-townClown wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:01 pm
CakeScout17 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:12 pm
(was fun chatting w/ others re: what the Edina roster would look like this year IF all were still in Edina...then we shifted to what MG would look like - wow! Might be a 'see ya at the X for the Finals' deal????)
Playing the what if game gives Minnetonka Bobby Brink and Clay Hanus. I wouldn't count them out either.
Good point. Brink and Hanus? WOW. Would last year have (theoretically) included KeAndre Miller? Whoa.

CakeScout17

Post by CakeScout17 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:41 am

O-townClown wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:58 pm
Cutoff is September 15th or thereabouts. He was draft eligible and was unselected. That would not have been the case if I had a pick!
Ok, good info I recalled his birthdate being borderline, but thought that the cutoff was more in June or July.
Yeah, not sure what the dropoff among (real) scouts is...but maybe this year he will be drafted?
Im still surprised DK went in 4th rd to Calgary? Happy for him and there's potential there, but 4th rd? But that's why we are armchair folk
and then there's people who get paid to do it.

northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:07 am

European development is top notch and it will continue. Swedes especially. Minnesota kids with few exceptions fall into those mid tier rounds due to the massive talent pool of hockey players world wide.

Who is DK?

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:54 am

Be kind. Rewind.

hockey59

Post by hockey59 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:32 am

Has Jensen really grown to 6’3”...if so he had a heck of a growth spurt summer before his senior year.

CakeScout17

Post by CakeScout17 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:30 pm

No, not 6'3" - all of 6' 1" to maybe 6' 2"... Kinda like listing Sammy Walker at 5'11" & 160 lbs.

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Drew Holt got his first(i think) varsity goal at Braemar tonite, that puts him at around 4 or 5 points in the first 4-5 games of the year. Pretty good pace for his first varsity season.

Hat Trick Take 2

Post by Hat Trick Take 2 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:29 pm

Not much new on here after game against Elk last night. I didn't get a chance to see the game. Did either team dominate play or pretty even?

Sounds like the Mittlestadt brothers had a good night and I assume the same of Jensen.?? Any other standouts for either team other than what shows up in the box score (Michaelis)?

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Hat Trick Take 2 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:29 pm
Any other standouts for either team other than what shows up in the box score (Michaelis)?
For Elk River I really like Humphries. Nice size, moves well, plays with an edge, and skilled. A lot to like there.

Cupboard isn't bare at EP. They'll have a nice year.
Be kind. Rewind.

edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Hat Trick Take 2 wrote:
Not much new on here after game against Elk last night. I didn't get a chance to see the game. Did either team dominate play or pretty even?

Sounds like the Mittlestadt brothers had a good night and I assume the same of Jensen.?? Any other standouts for either team other than what shows up in the box score (Michaelis)?

Tomorrow night will separate the wheat from the chafe as far as the early Lake looks, behind #1. Get a good look at both squads in a playoff atmosphere. That Tonka has not given up more than a goal speaks volumes to the entire team being really complete. Glockner looks well...like he’s owning the Brimsek.

hockey59

Post by hockey59 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:52 pm

edgeless2 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:22 pm
Hat Trick Take 2 wrote:

Tomorrow night will separate the wheat from the chafe as far as the early Lake looks, behind #1. Get a good look at both squads in a playoff atmosphere. That Tonka has not given up more than a goal speaks volumes to the entire team being really complete. Glockner looks well...like he’s owning the Brimsek.
Pretty tough to score when D tandem #1 is on the ice for Tonka...an argument can be made that they were the States best tandem “last year”...let alone this year, where it’s not even close IMO ☝️ Time will tell, but Tonka re-loaded pretty darn well.

between_the_pipes

Post by between_the_pipes » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:00 pm

edgeless2 wrote:
Hat Trick Take 2 wrote:

No doubt Tonka will be tested tomorrow night. The hype of the offensive power is overblown in my opinion. The quality of chances that I have seen in recent games from Tonka has been nothing but shots from the blueline and boards with 0 traffic. Routine saves for the opposing netminder. Could be an issue when they run into a hot goalie. Almost occurred against Duluth Marshall

Couldn't agree more on Glockner. Technically sound, and at 6′2″ lateral movement is one of the best in the state

edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:01 pm

between_the_pipes wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:00 pm
edgeless2 wrote:
Hat Trick Take 2 wrote:

No doubt Tonka will be tested tomorrow night. The hype of the offensive power is overblown in my opinion. The quality of chances that I have seen in recent games from Tonka has been nothing but shots from the blueline and boards with 0 traffic. Routine saves for the opposing netminder. Could be an issue when they run into a hot goalie. Almost occurred against Duluth Marshall

Couldn't agree more on Glockner. Technically sound, and at 6′2″ lateral movement is one of the best in the state
I was referring to the Ep Edina game which without Jensen might not be the game we were hoping for. But if I’m lucky I can be at both. Always a blast

GatorLand

Post by GatorLand » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:26 pm

EP should be fine without Jensen. They still got not 1 but 2 Middlestats and Holt and Batchelder.
Even if Edina rises to the occasion in their own tourney, this EP core gains experience for later I the season. Should be a fun game!!

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:09 pm

edgeless2 wrote:
wheat from the chafe
Does wheat have soothing qualities :lol:
Be kind. Rewind.

WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:30 pm

I saw Eden Prairie tonight for the first time and they look solid upfront and in goal but their defenseman aren't doing a good enough job of making the breakout passes yet. Maybe it will come but they all seem to hold on to the puck too long and by the time they do make the pass the forwards are covered or have skated into the same space. We will see if Edina's forecheck can cause some turnovers by the EP dmen tomorrow.