Over/Underachievers

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

greenwayraider

Over/Underachievers

Post by greenwayraider »

Teams that have failed to live up to their hype.
1. CEC - total disaster
2. Greenway - will probably finish with at least 10 losses
3. Warroad - maybe they will have a late season surge again
4. Chaska - going nowhere fast

Pleasant surprises
1. Denfeld
2. Rapids
3. White Bear Lake
4. Thief River Falls
ryguyMN

Re: Over/Underachievers

Post by ryguyMN »

I’d add Moorhead as a surprise team. They didn’t get a lot of press in the offseason and are off to a good start.

Chaska finished 17-8 in the regular season last year. They are starting to look like a 10+ loss team this year.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Pretty early in the year yet. I would bet some of my favorite Rapids memories that Greenway will be there at the end. Getting to state in that section is going to be hard for any of the teams. They have a real good shot at it.
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

Greenway has underwhelmed, but Clafton, in his short tenure, has shown that his teams will be at their best come playoff time, so I'm not hitting the panic button if I'm a Raider fan. (He reminds me of DeCenzo and Randolph, i.e. regular season is cute, but playoffs is when we will peak.)

As for CEC, I admit I've been drinking the purple Kool-Aid since this senior class was in bantams. I thought, party due to a Cloquet-heavy bantam elite team, that they were ready for the big time. Now I wonder if JL15 was influencing some of those "select" rosters. Not a knock on the current or previous coach, but one wonders what Esse could have done with this group.
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

Pleasant surprise wayyyyyy down the list: Waconia is now 5-1 after posting 3-22 and 4-21 records the past two years.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Stang5280 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:53 pm Pleasant surprise wayyyyyy down the list: Waconia is now 5-1 after posting 3-22 and 4-21 records the past two years.
Good stuff
Be kind. Rewind.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Stang5280 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:53 pm Pleasant surprise wayyyyyy down the list: Waconia is now 5-1 after posting 3-22 and 4-21 records the past two years.
Stang pulling stats from the dark web. Great call out on Waconia!!

Go Waconia! BUY, BUY, BUY!!
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

To me, Warroad has been more wildly inconsistent than flat-out disappointing. “Bad Warroad” lost handily to two pretty good AA teams, and Cathedral tore them in half. But then “Good Warroad” knocks off Sartell and Virginia on the road. I have no idea what to make of them.
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

northwoods oldtimer wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:11 pm
Stang pulling stats from the dark web. Great call out on Waconia!!

Go Waconia! BUY, BUY, BUY!!
For sure. I have no idea what has prompted the turnaround, but it is a huge positive for a struggling program. I believe all of the home games have video streaming. Shaky camera, but the team looked solid when I watched Thursday.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Ill be interested in the overachievers game between MH and BSM this Friday. Moorhead with a long bus ride. Hmmm....

At same time is the underachievers Greenway and Holy Family game

Decisions, decisions.
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

I'll be at the Greenway games this upcoming weekend but if I were you I'd pass and see Moorhead and Benilde. Greenway could see running time this weekend if their defensive play does not improve. They will have a full week of practice to work on things because they don't have any games unitl the weekend. If Greenway turns it around they would be more interesting to watch on their next trip to the Metro on January 4th and 5th against Chaska and Orono. Maybe Chaska will have figured things out by then too.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Bemidji as an overachiever. Not seen as such by most (all), but they are showing positive signs in games and practice.
So at least one fan is excited.
Hessian

Post by Hessian »

Greenway looks bloated and full of itself. Hopefully the locker room dissension will subside and they will play better!