What's not clicking for Chaska?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

goldy313

Re: What's not clicking for Chaska?

Post by goldy313 »

green4 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:46 am
goldy313 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:46 am Typical Karl logic.....hang on to one win while ignoring losses to Buffalo, Rosemount, Eveleth, and Sartell (who struggled with Mankato East).
Geez, I would have assumed Rosemount would be far enough south for you to have some sort of bias towards them
I do but Karl’s logic equates any school south of 494 as Worthington. Nothing against Worthington as one of America’s greatest writers came from there. Rosemount=Worthington =LaCrescent=Rochester Century
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

goldy313 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:54 pm
goldy313 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:46 am Typical Karl logic.....hang on to one win while ignoring losses to Buffalo, Rosemount, Eveleth, and Sartell (who struggled with Mankato East).
Geez, I would have assumed Rosemount would be far enough south for you to have some sort of bias towards them
I do but Karl’s logic equates any school south of 494 as Worthington. Nothing against Worthington as one of America’s greatest writers came from there. Rosemount=Worthington =LaCrescent=Rochester Century. Read “The Things They Carried”. A great Novel by a Worthington native.
green4

Post by green4 »

goldy313 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:58 pm
goldy313 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:54 pm

I do but Karl’s logic equates any school south of 494 as Worthington. Nothing against Worthington as one of America’s greatest writers came from there. Rosemount=Worthington =LaCrescent=Rochester Century. Read “The Things They Carried”. A great Novel by a Worthington native.
If Karl treats every school south of 494 like Worthington then why are you complaining about how he treats Chaska? Chaska may be a bit west, but it is south of 494.
Have you been reading his rankings lately? He has Eagan and Rosemount ranked pretty well, maybe give some credit out once in awhile.
I read The Things They Carried in 10th grade, fine book
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Eagan is parallel or North of 494 for the most part. Rosemount is South but Karl puts a disclaimer in front of anything to do with RAVE or Lakeville. Any win must be due to a goalie or a team playing bad that night.
green4

Post by green4 »

goldy313 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:25 am Eagan is parallel or North of 494 for the most part. Rosemount is South but Karl puts a disclaimer in front of anything to do with RAVE or Lakeville. Any win must be due to a goalie or a team playing bad that night.
https://www.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl ... AXoECA8QDw

Eagan is south of 494, touches 494 but none of it is north. You appeared to dodge the question about Chaska. They are also south of 494
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

So is Eden Prairie, Minnetonka,and Wayzata. No one considers them southern Minnesota teams.

Edit.... If you live in Eagan and live North of 494 you are in the Sibley school district. So I stand corrected. Eagan is crazy as the city sends kids to multiple school districts. Taxes there must really suck.
green4

Post by green4 »

goldy313 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:39 am So is Eden Prairie, Minnetonka,and Wayzata. No one considers them southern Minnesota teams.
Lol =D>
First, to clarify, the south of 494 thing was your argument and classification, not mine.
Second, none of Eden Prarie, Minnetonka or Wayzata are south of 494. Eden Prarie is close, as the southern part of 494 goes through the city, but that means some of the city is north of 494. Wayzata and Minnetonka are even further north.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

494 dates me.

I guess I determine Southern Minnesota as a delineation of agricultural land separating the metro from rural. That was 494 except for Bloomington.

I guess now Hastings, New Prague, and Farmington would be the border....not Rosemount, Burnsville, Prior Lake, and Shakopee.
Hat Trick Take 2

Post by Hat Trick Take 2 »

goldy313 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:28 am 494 dates me.

I guess I determine Southern Minnesota as a delineation of agricultural land separating the metro from rural. That was 494 except for Bloomington.

I guess now Hastings, New Prague, and Farmington would be the border....not Rosemount, Burnsville, Prior Lake, and Shakopee.
Are you guys really debating who is north or south of 494?

I don’t think anyone stated that Karl was unfair to Chaska, although the sky was falling , in his mind, after their loss to Eleveth. I think someone was saying that the loss to Rosemount shouldn’t be considered a “bad loss”. Maybe I miss interpreted.
gopherpuck516

Post by gopherpuck516 »

As Kurt Russell said in Miracle, I’m not looking for the best players, I’m looking for the right players. Is it possible that even with all their D1 talent, during their rough stretch, Chaska just wasn’t playing a good team game? It sounds like they shuffled their lines around and have really been clicking since. The player of theirs I’ve been most impressed with this season is Pitlick. He plays at such a high speed and has a good hockey IQ. Warnert shows glimpses of the power forward he could become at the next level. Lavelle showed a good speed/power combo when driving to the net in the games I’ve seen. And Koster is a very talented offensive defenseman who seems to be hitting his stride lately after a slow start. They certainly have a shot at winning their section if all things click in February.
gopherpuck516

Post by gopherpuck516 »

Chaska just beat Edina 4-3, safe to say they’re now clicking.
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

Yeah, this thread hasn’t aged well. You could argue Chaska should be back in the top 10.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

All this geography talk has left the chat of the team in question to the side. How did the 5 loss team who lost to Eveleth-Gilbert, Sartell, and Buffalo beat EP, shut out Prior Lake, and give Edina their only loss of the season?

Running the table with their schedule seems possible. Are they now the team to beat or did they just play well when their opponents had off days?
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

HShockeywatcher wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:26 pm All this geography talk has left the chat of the team in question to the side. How did the 5 loss team who lost to Eveleth-Gilbert, Sartell, and Buffalo beat EP, shut out Prior Lake, and give Edina their only loss of the season?

Running the table with their schedule seems possible. Are they now the team to beat or did they just play well when their opponents had off days?
Since Chaska happens to be in the same section as Tonka, Chaska is far from the team to beat☝️They had a great Holiday tournament, but still are a HUGE underdog in 2AA...
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

We can debate whatever the heck we want to debate.....off our backs!!!!

Chaska makes the transitive property argument great this year🤯

I do not what to do with Chaska.... this isn’t new, they underachieve on a yearly basis but then they do what we expect. It is not injuries or suspensions.....it just is kids doing what kids do.....
ThatMNHockeyGuy62

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 »

hockey59 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:42 pm
HShockeywatcher wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:26 pm All this geography talk has left the chat of the team in question to the side. How did the 5 loss team who lost to Eveleth-Gilbert, Sartell, and Buffalo beat EP, shut out Prior Lake, and give Edina their only loss of the season?

Since Chaska happens to be in the same section as Tonka, Chaska is far from the team to beat☝️They had a great Holiday tournament, but still are a HUGE underdog in 2AA...
Definitely an underdog still in 2AA, as would be the entire state, but Chaska was a close high-stick goal waved off from being tied 2-2 in the 3rd without two of their top 4 D, 3rd line center, and head coach vs Minnetonka. For what it’s worth, the Holt high stick tip in the EP vs Moorhead game that was called a good goal was a way more obvious high stick.

Lots of ifs, ands, or buts, in the above statement, but with the shots in the Chaska-Tonka game as close as they were (24-20), and that they kept an Edina team who’s averaging about 40 shots per game to 19 tells me that the margin may be closer than we think.
Hat Trick Take 2

goldy313 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:45 pm We can debate whatever the heck we want to debate.....off our backs!!!!

Chaska makes the transitive property argument great this year🤯

I do not what to do with Chaska.... this isn’t new, they underachieve on a yearly basis but then they do what we expect. It is not injuries or suspensions.....it just is kids doing what kids do.....
When has Chaska underachieved? They had 22 kids total in the program 4 years ago and have had a young team the past few. Prior to that they lost top talent to other programs (Holy Family, EP, Holy Angels, Edina, Tonka). Not sure what team had high expectations. ??
Hat Trick Take 2

ThatMNHockeyGuy62 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:30 am

Definitely an underdog still in 2AA, as would be the entire state, but Chaska was a close high-stick goal waved off from being tied 2-2 in the 3rd without two of their top 4 D, 3rd line center, and head coach vs Minnetonka. For what it’s worth, the Holt high stick tip in the EP vs Moorhead game that was called a good goal was a way more obvious high stick.

Lots of ifs, ands, or buts, in the above statement, but with the shots in the Chaska-Tonka game as close as they were (24-20), and that they kept an Edina team who’s averaging about 40 shots per game to 19 tells me that the margin may be closer than we think.
There were 2 Chaska goals waived off against Tonka. The high stick referenced above and one when the goalie kicked the net off.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Hat Trick Take 2 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:47 pm

There were 2 Chaska goals waived off against Tonka. The high stick referenced above and one when the goalie kicked the net off.
Please...woulda, shoulda, coulda 😉 I actually like Chaska, but they have a long way to go, based on their talent, not sure how they’ve lost some the games they’ve lost.
blueblood

Post by blueblood »

Let’s not forget about the goal Chaska kicked in while were reminiscing about a game that took place 8 days ago.
Play Like a Champion Today
ThatMNHockeyGuy62

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 »

blueblood wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:21 pm Let’s not forget about the goal Chaska kicked in while were reminiscing about a game that took place 8 days ago.
Homer much, BB? Talking to people after it was clear to most at the game outside the Minnetonka section (and clear to those on video stream) it was kicked into Minnetonka defensemen’s skate and deflected into net. Flukey, yes. But a legal goal.
Hat Trick Take 2

hockey59 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:57 pm
Hat Trick Take 2 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:47 pm

Please...woulda, shoulda, coulda 😉 I actually like Chaska, but they have a long way to go, based on their talent, not sure how they’ve lost some the games they’ve lost.
woulda, shoulda, coulda and I think this might happen is what this forum is.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Hat Trick Take 2 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:58 am
Hat Trick Take 2 wrote:
I think Chaska has a good team, not many HS teams can boast 4 D1 committed players & they have a decent chance of reaching the 2AA Final. But right now, subject to change, Tonka stands alone. You have to respect this group of Tonka seniors, lost a player or two along the way, but gunning for a repeat AA HS State Championship, similar to what they already achieved as AA Bantams. Point is these kids know how to win 💰and accordingly will be tough to beat in 2AA & if they get there, at Xcel in March☝️
Hat Trick Take 2

hockey59 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:33 am
Hat Trick Take 2 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:58 am

I think Chaska has a good team, not many HS teams can boast 4 D1 committed players & they have a decent chance of reaching the 2AA Final. But right now, subject to change, Tonka stands alone. You have to respect this group of Tonka seniors, lost a player or two along the way, but gunning for a repeat AA HS State Championship, similar to what they already achieved as AA Bantams. Point is these kids know how to win 💰and accordingly will be tough to beat in 2AA & if they get there, at Xcel in March☝️
There's no doubt Tonka's good and the team to beat! A lot of good players: Seniors and Juniors. Chaska used to get the better of them at the youth levels until Brink moved from Chaska to Tonka (I know, I know.. woulda, coulda, shoulda). I wouldn't go back to youth levels, but you brought up the back to back Bantam AA championships and knowing how to win. Tonka’s missing some key pieces (Brink/Hanus-Bantam) of the title runs for this group. Again, still the team to beat, but “lost a player or two along the way” is an under statement.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Agree & didn’t know Brink played for Chaska at some youth levels (very interesting actually). And yes, they lost Brink, which is HUGE (and an excellent player in Hanus too). I fully realize they’re not as good as last year, that’s clear, but neither is Edina or Duluth East or STA. If Chaska can keep rolling like last week...and gets strong goaltending, they’d likely be a favorite in all sections other than 2, 6 & 7...☝️