Games Friday 12/14

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

elliott70

Games Friday 12/14

Post by elliott70 »

Ely/Northeast Range vs Moose Lake Area at Moose Lake 6:00 PM
Red Wing vs Detroit Lakes at Detroit Lakes 7:00 PM

Holy Angels vs Eveleth-Gilbert Area at Eveleth 7:00 PM
Little Falls vs St. Paul Johnson at Johnson 7:00 PM

Cambridge-Isanti vs St. Francis at East Bethel 7:00 PM
Moorhead vs Benilde-St. Margaret's at St. Louis Park Rec Center 7:00 PM

Greenway/Nash-Kee vs Holy Family Catholic at Victoria 7:00 PM
La Crescent-Hokah vs Gentry Academy at White Bear Lake 7:00 PM

River Lakes vs Fergus Falls at Fergus Falls 7:15 PM
Duluth Denfeld vs New Prague at New Prague 7:15 PM

Minneapolis vs Crookston at Crookston 7:30 PM
Buffalo vs Roseau at Roseau 7:30 PM

Rogers vs Bemidji at Bemidji 7:30 PM

Edina Classic
Elk River/Zimmerman vs Edina at Edina - Braemar 8:30 PM
Edina Classic
Eden Prairie vs Grand Rapids at Edina - Braemar 6:00 PM
O-townClown

Re: Games Friday 12/14

Post by O-townClown »

Edina looked very good in beating Elk River, who I don't believe recorded a shot in the 2nd. Top line of Jungels-Nevers-Malmquist creates a ton of chances, and the story of the past two games is how well Delaney-Chorske-Shoemaker are playing.

Looking forward to the Eden Prairie game.
Be kind. Rewind.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Went over to SLP to watch BSM for the first time in a few years.

Both teams have been overperforming so far this year and I figured this would be a good matchup

MH hit the pipe on their first rush of the game, but then appeared to have bus legs for most of the first and got outshot and outplayed. Overbo went off the ice with a bad blade for a few minutes, then came back out and promptly got a nice goal.

In the second,shots were pretty even, but I thought BSM still had the upper hand overall.

Moorhead came out strong and dominated in the third, scoring two and going on to the win 3-1

Im thinking BSM is only 1 year away from having a VERY good team, as they have only 2 senior skaters. Schweitzer and Mesenberg are only juniors, And freshman Adam Marshall could be one of their top 3 players next year.

Havent seen any other Section 8 teams this year, so hard for me to judge Moorhead in that context. . But if they can put together 3 periods like I saw them play in the third tonite, then from what I hear from others i could believe their lower top 10/top 15 ranking and see them making their way to the X.

Spuds have a tough game coming today at Tonka.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

WestMetro wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:50 amIm thinking BSM is only 1 year away from having a VERY good team,
Westie, I think that's the story of the metro. 2019-20 season it is possibly or even likely that the top teams will all be at private schools. Blake, Hill-Murray, Benilde-St. Margaret's, maybe Gentry Academy. Cretin-Derham Hall with Gleason obviously intriguing and St. Thomas should still be good too.
Be kind. Rewind.
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

Man, that Greenway loss to HF must have been ugly if the box score is an accurate reflection of the game. I realize it’s a long trip down to Victoria, but HF just dominated the first period. The Raiders are likely in for a long afternoon against Blake today. The difficult schedule seems to be grinding them down, and there is still a lot of season left.