Tradition in the Park Predictions

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

blueblood

Tradition in the Park Predictions

Post by blueblood »

4-games of interest at the Tradition in the Park Classic:

Private School Bragging rights: BSM vs. HF
6AA showdown: Wayzata vs. BSM
7AA battle for the 3-seed: ER vs. C-E-C
LPH Top 10: Tonka vs. MG

What does WestMetro and kniven have to say?
Play Like a Champion Today
kniven

Re: Tradition in the Park Predictions

Post by kniven »

blueblood wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:59 am 4-games of interest at the Tradition in the Park Classic:

Private School Bragging rights: BSM vs. HF
6AA showdown: Wayzata vs. BSM
7AA battle for the 3-seed: ER vs. C-E-C
LPH Top 10: Tonka vs. MG

What does WestMetro and kniven have to say?
Well. CEC beat Hibbing 10 - 0 , but looked angry and undisciplined in that game. The attitudes looked very similar to the attitudes I saw when we dropped the game up in Rapids last year. Next up was Eastview, and the boys looked great on the ice. I’m not talking about the win, but their attitudes. They were having fun, they were a team, and it was a joy watching those boys compete. Cloquet, Esko, and Carlton have the talent to compete, but it’s their attitude that makes them a disaster or uniquely special.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

BB - All those games you listed are fairly close to being tossups ImHO

If pressed....

BSm on home ice will beat either holy family or Wayzata, but probably not both. The dynamics of their two freshman imports from Wayzata Bantams makes things interesting

I will be at the Maple Grove Minnetonka game Friday, and will have to go with Minnetonka because of depth and experience. I believe Tonka will only lose this year to lake conference rivals, probably two or three losses in total

Elk vs CEC, too close to call . CEC should win, but will they?
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

WestMetro wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:24 pm BB - All those games you listed are fairly close to being tossups ImHO

If pressed....

BSm on home ice will beat either holy family or Wayzata, but probably not both. The dynamics of their two freshman imports from Wayzata Bantams makes things interesting

I will be at the Maple Grove Minnetonka game Friday, and will have to go with Minnetonka because of depth and experience. I believe Tonka will only lose this year to lake conference rivals, probably two or three losses in total

Elk vs CEC, too close to call . CEC should win, but will they?
I think DE at Heritage & Andover on HDM will give the Skippers a run for their money. As far as Lake conf, Tonka likely splits with Edina, but I’m not sure EP is good enough defensively or Wayzata is good enough offensively (to beat Tonka) ☝️🎄
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

59. So how many out of 25 will Skips lose?
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

More based on the relative strength of their opponents (not as strong as last year) and they aren’t as good as last year either...2-3 games total, same as the wise WM! ☝️🏒
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

Nelson scored on a nice feed from T Kukkonen to put MG up 3-1 on LS early in the third. Wieneke made a beautiful save, then MG killed off a PP to maintain the two goal lead.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Minnetonka edges Cloquet 3-1 (EN). I caught the last period. Good showing from the Jacks, who held serve with the defending champs until a PP goal with 4 minutes left. Penalty issues seemed to hold Tonka back some in the early frames, but they flipped the script on a couple of late PPs in the 3rd. The Jacks, while not quite as deep as the Skippers, could usually skate with them. Definitely some growing pains for sophomores like Mason Langenbrunner, who at times looks great but also makes some unwise decisions, including a cross-check for the penalty that created the winning goal. I've also really liked Christian Galatz--great work ethic and creativity there. As in some of their other efforts, you can see the potential here if they can get it all together.

Hard to overstate the importance of Luedtke and Docter to Tonka's success, as the offense really ran through them as they pressed for the go-ahead goal. This team isn't going to steamroll anyone, but they continue to smother the opposition and rack up the wins. Big game tomorrow against Maple Grove.
kniven

Post by kniven »

karl(east) wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:51 pm Minnetonka edges Cloquet 3-1 (EN). I caught the last period. Good showing from the Jacks, who held serve with the defending champs until a PP goal with 4 minutes left. Penalty issues seemed to hold Tonka back some in the early frames, but they flipped the script on a couple of late PPs in the 3rd. The Jacks, while not quite as deep as the Skippers, could usually skate with them. Definitely some growing pains for sophomores like Mason Langenbrunner, who at times looks great but also makes some unwise decisions, including a cross-check for the penalty that created the winning goal. I've also really liked Christian Galatz--great work ethic and creativity there. As in some of their other efforts, you can see the potential here if they can get it all together.

Hard to overstate the importance of Luedtke and Docter to Tonka's success, as the offense really ran through them as they pressed for the go-ahead goal. This team isn't going to steamroll anyone, but they continue to smother the opposition and rack up the wins. Big game tomorrow against Maple Grove.
Jacks not quite as deep...is actually a scary reality for CEC. Sophomores, juniors, and seniors all made regular appearances at state in youth hockey in peewee and bantams. We won’t be this deep again......probably ever again. Not often a program as small as the purple string together back to back to back classes.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️