Games Wednesday & Thursday

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

TheNightman

Re: Games Wednesday & Thursday

Post by TheNightman » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:53 pm

White Bear sitting pretty for a #1 seed in 4AA after that win over Stillwater.

greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:40 am

Stang5280 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:23 pm
greenwayraider wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:56 pm
Greenway 4. Hibbing 0 end of 1.
Oof, Hibbing is in rough shape this season. Greenway could use a comfortable win before heading down to the SW suburbs tomorrow.
Miller and Troumbly are back but there is something missing from this team and I can’t put my finger on it. Last year’s team just had a good feel for whatever reason. It would not surprise me if Chaska puts them in running time and Orono beats them by two,

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:23 am

1excg wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:25 pm
Wouldda been lots more fun if BSM would’ve stayed outta the box. BSM is playing better, was nice to give Tonka some challenge.
iirc it was one of the rare games where Tonka had fewer penalties than their opponent and made BSM pay going 2 for 4 while killing both of BSM's PP opportunities.

JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:48 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:23 am
1excg wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:25 pm
Wouldda been lots more fun if BSM would’ve stayed outta the box. BSM is playing better, was nice to give Tonka some challenge.
iirc it was one of the rare games where Tonka had fewer penalties than their opponent and made BSM pay going 2 for 4 while killing both of BSM's PP opportunities.
The box score has two Tonka power play goals and a shortie. I thought Pete Waggoner announced three PP goals at the end of the game summary.
https://www.mnhockeyhub.com/game/show/2 ... er=4365792

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:16 am

JerseyDave wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:48 am
The box score has two Tonka power play goals and a shortie. I thought Pete Waggoner announced three PP goals at the end of the game summary.
The Skippers totally dominated special teams play last night. Benilde could keep the puck in the offensive zone only for brief stretches on their opportunities, and they really struggled clearing their zone on Minnetonka's opportunities. This huge difference in special teams played a major part in the game's outcome.

inthetwine

Post by inthetwine » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:46 am

TheNightman wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:53 pm
White Bear sitting pretty for a #1 seed in 4AA after that win over Stillwater.
A lot of hockey between now and sections, and have to play Stillwater again.

Zamman

Post by Zamman » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:56 am

Holy Angels is on the upswing after a few down years. AHA beats Chanhassen 4 -0. Matthew Syverson with his first SO. STARS are now 9 - 3 on the season.

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:09 am

OBOY

I was down on the far blue line. Had a bad angle on the play. I definitely heard the whistle, so I knew the play was dead when puck went in, rightly or wrongly. But had no idea the call was so bad. Too bad for the Irish, they played a super game. . I was really impressed with Irish D. Both slowing down opposing offense and protecting goalie, as well as quick sharp consistent on the tape breakout passes and not holding onto the puck too long. IMHO they are the heart of this team, at least this night. ( About only mistake the whole game was not getting a stick on the puck or knocking Soderling out of the low slot before he scored his nice goal). Credit to Gervais for 40+ stops to save the win for STA, who better be worried come Section time. Definitely worth my adventure out of the West Metro.

Oboy: "Rosemount puts a nice shot on net, Gervais kicks out about a 5’ rebound and Levandowski knocks it home! That would’ve tied the game at 2 but the ref blew the whistle and thought the goalie had it. The goalie never had it."

Slapper Al

Post by Slapper Al » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:33 am

[quote=Zamman post_id=727123 time=1546621015 user_id=41]
Holy Angels is on the upswing after a few down years. AHA beats Chanhassen 4 -0. Matthew Syverson with his first SO. STARS are now 9 - 3 on the season.
[/quote]

very solid turnaround indeed. Coach Griswold does a great job. The critics are going to say they are doing it against a largely Class A schedule, but it is the right way to turn it around. They have some high quality AA opponents coming up that will test where they are at for sections, but that staff should be applauded for what they are doing.

OBOY

Post by OBOY » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:14 pm

WestMetro wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:09 am
OBOY

I was down on the far blue line. Had a bad angle on the play. I definitely heard the whistle, so I knew the play was dead when puck went in, rightly or wrongly. But had no idea the call was so bad. Too bad for the Irish, they played a super game. . I was really impressed with Irish D. Both slowing down opposing offense and protecting goalie, as well as quick sharp consistent on the tape breakout passes and not holding onto the puck too long. IMHO they are the heart of this team, at least this night. ( About only mistake the whole game was not getting a stick on the puck or knocking Soderling out of the low slot before he scored his nice goal). Credit to Gervais for 40+ stops to save the win for STA, who better be worried come Section time. Definitely worth my adventure out of the West Metro.

Oboy: "Rosemount puts a nice shot on net, Gervais kicks out about a 5’ rebound and Levandowski knocks it home! That would’ve tied the game at 2 but the ref blew the whistle and thought the goalie had it. The goalie never had it."
Couldn’t agree with your take anymore! Gervais and Tollefson were both great in the nets! Bad whistle by the ref on the no goal by Levandowski but that’s part of hockey. St Thomas came out storming In the 1st 7-8 minutes of the game. After that 7-8 minutes Rosemount outshot St Thomas 43-16 and held St Thomas to 12 shots on net in the final 2 periods. Great take on Rosemount’s 4D as well! Will be a great game if these two reach the section finals.

Rhalls

Post by Rhalls » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:00 pm

Are you kidding - the late goal was about three seconds after the whistle blew - should have been a penalty for fie for shooting after the whistle
This is crap to actually be saying stuff like this

OBOY

Post by OBOY » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:44 pm

Rhalls wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:00 pm
Are you kidding - the late goal was about three seconds after the whistle blew - should have been a penalty for fie for shooting after the whistle
This is crap to actually be saying stuff like this
So, you do agree it was never covered and there shouldn’t have been a whistle! 3 seconds😳 hardly!

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:51 pm

1excg

Post by 1excg » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:59 pm

MNHockeyFan wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:16 am
JerseyDave wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:48 am
The Skippers totally dominated special teams play last night. Benilde could keep the puck in the offensive zone only for brief stretches on their opportunities, and they really struggled clearing their zone on Minnetonka's opportunities. This huge difference in special teams played a major part in the game's outcome.
I think the game sheet is correct ... No question the Skipps dominated! And agree re: penalties, fewer for Tonka than usual; & they do frustrate thier opponents. But BSM started strong & looked like maybe they’d be a good challenge. It was a good game.