Roseau vs. Warroad tonight

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

7TIMECHAMPS

Re: Roseau vs. Warroad tonight

Post by 7TIMECHAMPS »

elliott70 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:49 pm "When was the last time you were at one of these games again?"

Warroad - Roseau
last year
Greenway - Grand Rapids two years ago

Brainerd - Bemidji, Brainerd - Moorhead in football this year.
In youth baseball, Bemidji - Waite Park every year for the last 30 years.

There are just some contests you want to see.

Surely you must have competed in something in your life that was the one you wanted to win above all others.
If not, then I am sad that you did not compete in a rivalry, that you missed out on that.
This was directed at DJ not you Elliot.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

7TIMECHAMPS wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:52 pm
elliott70 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:49 pm "When was the last time you were at one of these games again?"

Warroad - Roseau
last year
Greenway - Grand Rapids two years ago

Brainerd - Bemidji, Brainerd - Moorhead in football this year.
In youth baseball, Bemidji - Waite Park every year for the last 30 years.

There are just some contests you want to see.

Surely you must have competed in something in your life that was the one you wanted to win above all others.
If not, then I am sad that you did not compete in a rivalry, that you missed out on that.
This was directed at DJ not you Elliot.
Okay.
My response was directed to DJ, well to everybody.

I sure hope there are lots of people out there that can feel the rivalry thing still. If that gets lost the whole thing is on the verge of being lost.
7TIMECHAMPS

Post by 7TIMECHAMPS »

TheHockeyDJ wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:48 pm I have not attended a Roseau v Warroad game, but have seen the NBC documentaries and youtube videos and remain unimpressed. Grand Rapids vs Greenway was the best rivalry when they were in the same class. Since Greenway dropped down I could care less. Games vs Greenway and Hibbing, or if they played Mankato East are the same. I only associate class A opponents with the same emotion as Buicks, sadness.
Because everybody knows that the best way to experience something is to watch a ten minute documentary on TV right?

I guess we will just have to hang our hat on the likes of NBC thinking it is pretty okay then. I can live with that.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

7TIMECHAMPS wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:57 pm
TheHockeyDJ wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:48 pm I have not attended a Roseau v Warroad game, but have seen the NBC documentaries and youtube videos and remain unimpressed. Grand Rapids vs Greenway was the best rivalry when they were in the same class. Since Greenway dropped down I could care less. Games vs Greenway and Hibbing, or if they played Mankato East are the same. I only associate class A opponents with the same emotion as Buicks, sadness.
Because everybody knows that the best way to experience something is to watch a ten minute documentary on TV right?

I guess we will just have to hang our hat on the likes of NBC thinking it is pretty okay then. I can live with that.

I think this would be a good topic for the YHH podcast.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

TheHockeyDJ wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:17 pm
northwoods oldtimer wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:28 pm
elliott70 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Go to Roseau you will have your eyes opened
=D> =D> =D>
Couple of old farts stuck in 1990. 🙄
[-X

At least we got to see hockey when it was still a real vibrant and competitive sport in many communities.
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

Yoopskater

Post by Yoopskater »

Mnouth, what a great article! Some people have no clue what a rivalry means.