Virginia at Greenway

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Virginia at Greenway

Poll ended at Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:28 am

Virginia
11%
Greenway
89%

Total votes: 9

elliott70

Virginia at Greenway

Post by elliott70 »

Virginia could turn the whole season around with a win at Greenway on Thursday (1-24) night.
As well as throw section 7A seeding in to a stir.

Who wins?
kniven

Re: Virginia at Greenway

Post by kniven »

elliott70 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:28 am Virginia could turn the whole season around with a win at Greenway on Thursday (1-24) night.
As well as throw section 7A seeding in to a stir.

Who wins?
Let’s just say that Greenway has more talent on paper. And are at home.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

Greenway has been better than a lot of teams on paper but that hasn’t translated into wins. The way the defensemen turned over the puck against the Falls, Virginia could win. But as poorly as Virginia plays on the road Greenway has a slight edge. The fact that Troumbly is playing is a big plus. If Greenway wins that will probably secure at least the #3 seed. Virginia would not do any better than a #4 seed and will set up a Virginia/Eveleth quarterfinal. A Virginia win will throw the seedlings into chaos and an Eveleth win over Denfeld will really cause a mess. Sure is fun speculating. In the end Hermantown will put anyone into running time.
kniven

Post by kniven »

greenwayraider wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:32 pm Greenway has been better than a lot of teams on paper but that hasn’t translated into wins. The way the defensemen turned over the puck against the Falls, Virginia could win. But as poorly as Virginia plays on the road Greenway has a slight edge. The fact that Troumbly is playing is a big plus. If Greenway wins that will probably secure at least the #3 seed. Virginia would not do any better than a #4 seed and will set up a Virginia/Eveleth quarterfinal. A Virginia win will throw the seedlings into chaos and an Eveleth win over Denfeld will really cause a mess. Sure is fun speculating. In the end Hermantown will put anyone into running time.
Agreed on all fronts. And yes, that Hermantown hockey juggernaut program they have over there is impressive for sure. You have to deal with them every year. I’ve got Duluth East every year. It’s tough that’s for sure. I’ve always mostly preferred the underdog in my life. The struggle.....versus the easy way. I’ve always identified with that aspect more. CEC and Geenway.....lets do this boys!!!!!!! 🤓
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

No one seems to think Virginia has a chance.
Hmmm....
ironranger2

Post by ironranger2 »

I think they have a shot. Kreibech can steal this game for them.
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

Virginia has a definite shot. Would not be shocked if they won.
kniven

Post by kniven »

greenwayraider wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:05 pm Virginia has a definite shot. Would not be shocked if they won.

It’s going to be one of two results. Greenway in running time or Virginia in a close one.
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

Does Virginia have all of its players back?
backrinkrat

Post by backrinkrat »

Both teams had higher expectations at the beginning of the season. Should be a good game I can’t decide which team wins tonight. Good luck to both Raiders and Devils you will need it come February.
greenwayraider

Post by greenwayraider »

Greenway 3-1 en
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

greenwayraider wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:32 pm Greenway 3-1 en
That was certainly closer than I expected. Virginia did play Sartell close last week, so maybe I shouldn’t be so surprised.
Hessian

Post by Hessian »

Greenway riding the underachievers :mrgreen:
IRMN

Post by IRMN »

Virginia was still without two of their top players in Zupetz and Chesser. But with the addition of Moreland and Kilen back in the lineup they had a little more firepower up front. Still took a few too many shifts off in the third and that ultimately cost them.
kniven

Post by kniven »

IRMN wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:28 am Virginia was still without two of their top players in Zupetz and Chesser. But with the addition of Moreland and Kilen back in the lineup they had a little more firepower up front. Still took a few too many shifts off in the third and that ultimately cost them.

So when will Virginia have all their horses back?
IRMN

Post by IRMN »

Sounds like Chesser will be back tomorrow night. Still questionable with Zupetz from the sounds of it. They're getting there....