YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

karl(east)
Posts: 6119
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:03 pm
Contact:

YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by karl(east) » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:26 am

This week:

-News and notes from around the state, including Roseau-Warroad
-Big games from an abbreviated past week
-Our 10 Mr. Hockey finalists
-Our 2 Brimsek award finalists
-We ask Mike Vorlicky about growing up in the Edina youth system, the Hornets' biggest rivals, and his favorite type of cake
-Preview of the week ahead

https://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/991326

hockey59
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:01 am

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by hockey59 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:03 pm

3 Edina players WILL NOT be finalists for Mr Hockey☝️At least one Andover player will be a finalist, so add Charlie Schoen and subtract either Jungels or Nevers. No doubt in my mind on Edina not having 3 [-X This isn’t a Lake Conference jamboree :shock: at least one player on a CLEAR top 4 team (Andover) will be a Mr Hockey Finalist. BTW, totally agree on Grant Docter being a finalist 👍 And both Schoen & Dainty have the same point total boys😉

hockey59
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:01 am

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by hockey59 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:01 pm

Charlie Schoen Andover 13 22 35
Nick Dainty Andover 16 19 35

between_the_pipes
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:33 pm

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by between_the_pipes » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:10 pm

Three takeaways from this Podcast.

1). Agree with 59s comments above. Hornets will not have three nominees. It's BBs to lose.

2.) Brimsek finalists. Terrible reasoning to not give Glockner credit for his numbers this year and talk up Tonka D and compare that to Boynton. Two completely different scenarios. Boynton's schedule and the quality of shots he's facing doesn't even compare to what Glockner is seeing...And I understand that's something out of Boynton's control so not trying to not give him credit because he does deserve it. BUT to give Tonka D credit just because of how solid they are? Ridiculous, I've seen multiple games this year where Glockner has been the sole reason for the win.

3.) Saying Holy Family has some pretty easy games in its schedule to help out Hubers numbers?? I would think that Holy Family and Champlins or even Blaine's schedule to some degree is somewhat similar...(HF and Champlin closer and Blaine has some pretty easy games in there). Here's a question..can someone verify that Boynton saw 81 shots against Maple Grove earlier in the season? With 51 shots in the 3rd period alone?? Seems a bit aggressive.

I've seen more games of Tonka and continue to be impressed everytime with #1. If anything Glockner is a for sure Brimsek finalist and is no doubt the state's top goalie. Doesn't get enough credit with Tonka's D. The other opening can be left open for discussion. Really too bad only two nominees. Should move to 3 or 5.

bardown27
Posts: 479
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:20 am

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by bardown27 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:04 pm

between_the_pipes wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:10 pm
3.) Saying Holy Family has some pretty easy games in its schedule to help out Hubers numbers?? I would think that Holy Family and Champlins or even Blaine's schedule to some degree is somewhat similar...(HF and Champlin closer and Blaine has some pretty easy games in there). Here's a question..can someone verify that Boynton saw 81 shots against Maple Grove earlier in the season? With 51 shots in the 3rd period alone?? Seems a bit aggressive.
FWIW, I took the schedules of Blaine, Champlin Park and Holy Family, and averaged the Page Stat rankings of their opponents.

Champlin Park's opponents have an average score of 58.36
Holy Family's opponents have an average score of 43.4
Blaine's opponents have an average score of 38.2

So Champlin's schedule is significantly easier than Holy Family's, and Blaine has a slight edge on Holy Family.

between_the_pipes
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:33 pm

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by between_the_pipes » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:04 pm

bardown27 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:04 pm
between_the_pipes wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:10 pm
3.) Saying Holy Family has some pretty easy games in its schedule to help out Hubers numbers?? I would think that Holy Family and Champlins or even Blaine's schedule to some degree is somewhat similar...(HF and Champlin closer and Blaine has some pretty easy games in there). Here's a question..can someone verify that Boynton saw 81 shots against Maple Grove earlier in the season? With 51 shots in the 3rd period alone?? Seems a bit aggressive.
FWIW, I took the schedules of Blaine, Champlin Park and Holy Family, and averaged the Page Stat rankings of their opponents.

Champlin Park's opponents have an average score of 58.36
Holy Family's opponents have an average score of 43.4
Blaine's opponents have an average score of 38.2

So Champlin's schedule is significantly easier than Holy Family's, and Blaine has a slight edge on Holy Family.
Just as I thought it would shake out. Clearly inaccurate commentary in the podcast then.

WestMetro
Posts: 2527
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by WestMetro » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:11 pm

Pipes

Knowing YHH as I do, I think he (the alter ego younger me) was just trying to generate controversy and provide some well deserved publicity to the next bunch of goalies

He (me) knows full well Glockner and Frits will be 1 and 2 on their own merits , as well as who is in front of them . You are correct , Glockner has made a dozen or so nhl hilite reel saves in many tight games I’ve seen to preserve wins . Frits not far behind , beginning against Deast early in season

Glocks season especially impressive coming off off season surgery and 6 mos slow and steady rehab

Well done boys !

JerseyDave
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by JerseyDave » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:53 pm

Thanks for the podcast. May I suggest Grant Docter as a future interviewee? He's quite a talent in his own right, and it's great that you included him in your Mr. Hockey Top 10 in addition to Luedtke. I am extremely impressed the way he handles himself. He seems very comfortable in front of a camera (based on O-Town's player profiles), and I expect to hear from him a lot on the upcoming Dream State season 3. I think his father played at Duluth East.

YouthHockeyHub
Posts: 1063
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by YouthHockeyHub » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:53 pm

If you listen to what you want to listen to, you will hear me say Glock and Frits have no business winning. But the fact remains, i agree that these two are deserving. But what pains me a lot with awards, guys like Mueller, Daninger and Boynton with very similar numbers and a lot less in front of them get overlooked.

If these two are chosen, no qualms from me/YHH. If anyone knows me/YHH or our past with Glock ('15 Bantam AA state MVP, State Tourney Preview) and Fritsy ('16 Bantam POTY finalist the year Frisch won) knows they are great and well deserving.

However, many times high quality kids on lesser teams get no love. That was the purpose of the take. See my take in 2017 for Bauer Neudecker.

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 6862
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:33 pm
Location: Proctor, MN
Contact:

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by east hockey » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:02 pm

JerseyDave wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:53 pm
Thanks for the podcast. May I suggest Grant Docter as a future interviewee? He's quite a talent in his own right, and it's great that you included him in your Mr. Hockey Top 10 in addition to Luedtke. I am extremely impressed the way he handles himself. He seems very comfortable in front of a camera (based on O-Town's player profiles), and I expect to hear from him a lot on the upcoming Dream State season 3. I think his father played at Duluth East.
We talking about Mike Docter? Played for East, graduated in '78.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

SquirtC'00
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:19 pm

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by SquirtC'00 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:03 pm

between_the_pipes wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:10 pm
Three takeaways from this Podcast.

1). Agree with 59s comments above. Hornets will not have three nominees. It's BBs to lose.

2.) Brimsek finalists. Terrible reasoning to not give Glockner credit for his numbers this year and talk up Tonka D and compare that to Boynton. Two completely different scenarios. Boynton's schedule and the quality of shots he's facing doesn't even compare to what Glockner is seeing...And I understand that's something out of Boynton's control so not trying to not give him credit because he does deserve it. BUT to give Tonka D credit just because of how solid they are? Ridiculous, I've seen multiple games this year where Glockner has been the sole reason for the win.

3.) Saying Holy Family has some pretty easy games in its schedule to help out Hubers numbers?? I would think that Holy Family and Champlins or even Blaine's schedule to some degree is somewhat similar...(HF and Champlin closer and Blaine has some pretty easy games in there). Here's a question..can someone verify that Boynton saw 81 shots against Maple Grove earlier in the season? With 51 shots in the 3rd period alone?? Seems a bit aggressive.

I've seen more games of Tonka and continue to be impressed everytime with #1. If anything Glockner is a for sure Brimsek finalist and is no doubt the state's top goalie. Doesn't get enough credit with Tonka's D. The other opening can be left open for discussion. Really too bad only two nominees. Should move to 3 or 5.


On the “Andover Question” I do not believe that their seniors on their team have been the same level of game breakers that the Edina kids have been this season. Andover I believe is a very good team but even very good teams don’t have Mr. Hockey players on it there is no precedent that they need to have one. As for the 3 Edina kids we went over this for 1 hour of show prep and really the who season looking forward to this show. Our belief on this is Nevers is the more attractive pick for the committee, you really cannot over look Jett’s numbers, and Vorlicky should be on the list regardless of other Edina Players.


I believer completely in the Glockner argument I think he will and should win the Brimsek award. I also believe that he has been the top goalie in the state and that he is one of the difference makers for Tonka. Also to be far Tony does not look at strength of schedule as much as Karl and I before he goes on rants. 

JerseyDave
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by JerseyDave » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:09 pm

east hockey wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:02 pm

We talking about Mike Docter? Played for East, graduated in '78.

Lee
Yes, according to this article:
https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sport ... ears-later

hockey59
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:01 am

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by hockey59 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:03 pm

Maybe an Andover senior won’t be a finalist, although I believe Schoen is clearly deserving. However, an Edina team that isn’t as good as last years Edina team, who I predict Tonka beats on Saturday to regain the #1 ranking...will not land 3 seniors as Mr Hockey finalists, even if all 3 are deserving, It simply won’t happen ☝️Upon further review ( watching Edina beat Tonka in a cliffhanger & blow out EP tonight...I have changed my tune and now expect both Nevers & Jungels will be Mr Hockey Finalists...the only question now is whether Vorlicky also makes it (to make it 3 Hornet Finalists ☝️
Last edited by hockey59 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sherwood
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:48 am

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by sherwood » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:57 am

Agree with 59 they wont have 3 players from Edina in the top 10 for Mr. Hockey. I don't know if there has ever been three from the same school in the top 10 in one year. It's a pointless argument anyways because none of them are going to win it. It's between Bryce Brodzinski and Mike Koster

SquirtC'00
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:19 pm

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by SquirtC'00 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:11 am

sherwood wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:57 am
Agree with 59 they wont have 3 players from Edina in the top 10 for Mr. Hockey. I don't know if there has ever been three from the same school in the top 10 in one year. It's a pointless argument anyways because none of them are going to win it. It's between Bryce Brodzinski and Mike Koster
There is a precedent for 3 players from one team being finalist before and that was the 2015 Lakeville North team but that team was much different than this year's Edina team. The theory that because Andover is a good team means they deserve a Mr. Hockey candidate is a very weak theory because it is an individual award not an award for being the best player on a top team.

hockey59
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:01 am

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by hockey59 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:25 am

:cry:
SquirtC'00 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:11 am
sherwood wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:57 am
Agree with 59 they wont have 3 players from Edina in the top 10 for Mr. Hockey. I don't know if there has ever been three from the same school in the top 10 in one year. It's a pointless argument anyways because none of them are going to win it. It's between Bryce Brodzinski and Mike Koster
There is a precedent for 3 players from one team being finalist before and that was the 2015 Lakeville North team but that team was much different than this year's Edina team. The theory that because Andover is a good team means they deserve a Mr. Hockey candidate is a very weak theory because it is an individual award not an award for being the best player on a top team.
It took until 2018 for a player from Edina to even “win” Mr Hockey, and now the committee is going to place 3 on the finalist list because they play for the best hockey association in the State and two have racked up their fair share of points playing with other really good players? Nope, I don’t buy that argument. And I’m not sure Vorlicky is better than Hunter Paine for that matter & his stats are not that impressive. Hell, I’d throw a STA kid in as a finalist before TWO Edina forwards, neither of which have the skill set of a Biondi, Pierce, Jensen or Brodzinski level player. And I’ll be STUNNED if Karl “actually” concurred on the 3 Edina finalists :^o But Karl was no angel on the podcast either, soft pedaling Ryder’s scoring issues this season, on a team with 5-6 forwards and at least 2 D that made team North in the EL. Sorry but 10 goals & 32 points isn’t getting it done, even if your 3rd best forward is RL☝️

That guy for that thing
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:54 pm
Location: Hinckley

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by That guy for that thing » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:26 am

hockey59 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:25 am
:cry:
SquirtC'00 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:11 am
sherwood wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:57 am
Agree with 59 they wont have 3 players from Edina in the top 10 for Mr. Hockey. I don't know if there has ever been three from the same school in the top 10 in one year. It's a pointless argument anyways because none of them are going to win it. It's between Bryce Brodzinski and Mike Koster
There is a precedent for 3 players from one team being finalist before and that was the 2015 Lakeville North team but that team was much different than this year's Edina team. The theory that because Andover is a good team means they deserve a Mr. Hockey candidate is a very weak theory because it is an individual award not an award for being the best player on a top team.
It took until 2018 for a player from Edina to even “win” Mr Hockey, and now the committee is going to place 3 on the finalist list because they play for the best hockey association in the State and two have racked up their fair share of points playing with other really good players? Nope, I don’t buy that argument. And I’m not sure Vorlicky is better than Hunter Paine for that matter & his stats are not that impressive. Hell, I’d throw a STA kid in as a finalist before TWO Edina forwards, neither of which have the skill set of a Biondi, Pierce, Jensen or Brodzinski level player. And I’ll be STUNNED if Karl “actually” concurred on the 3 Edina finalists :^o But Karl was no angel on the podcast either, soft pedaling Ryder’s scoring issues this season, on a team with 5-6 forwards and at least 2 D that made team North in the EL. Sorry but 10 goals & 32 points isn’t getting it done, even if your 3rd best forward is RL☝️
Just curious, who do you have as DE's 2nd best forward?

hockey59
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:01 am

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by hockey59 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:45 am

LA

O-townClown
Posts: 3745
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by O-townClown » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:11 pm

hockey59 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:25 am
Hell, I’d throw a STA kid in as a finalist before TWO Edina forwards, neither of which have the skill set of a Biondi, Pierce, Jensen or Brodzinski level player.
There goes any credibility you might have had! What Jungels, Nevers & Malmquist have is an elite skill set...as well as wonderful hockey sense. If they are missing something it is size and strength. These are three great hockey players. They make plays every game.

The Mr. Hockey finalists will all be deserving. They may even represent the entire state by being geographically dispersed. No need to get hyper nitpicky and trash two (I'll throw in Malmquist who is an absolute joy to watch) that would be:
  • a) welcomed by any opposing coach,
    b) great linemates for any kids, and
    c) respected by whoever has to play against them.
The reason Edina is doing well has everything to do with these forwards that are standouts. I wouldn't have thought anyone could argue that.
Be kind. Rewind.

hockey59
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 11:01 am

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by hockey59 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:31 pm

O-townClown wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:11 pm
hockey59 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:25 am
Hell, I’d throw a STA kid in as a finalist before TWO Edina forwards, neither of which have the skill set of a Biondi, Pierce, Jensen or Brodzinski level player.
There goes any credibility you might have had! What Jungels, Nevers & Malmquist have is an elite skill set...as well as wonderful hockey sense. If they are missing something it is size and strength. These are three great hockey players. They make plays every game.

The Mr. Hockey finalists will all be deserving. They may even represent the entire state by being geographically dispersed. No need to get hyper nitpicky and trash two (I'll throw in Malmquist who is an absolute joy to watch) that would be:
  • a) welcomed by any opposing coach,
    b) great linemates for any kids, and
    c) respected by whoever has to play against them.
The reason Edina is doing well has everything to do with these forwards that are standouts. I wouldn't have thought anyone could argue that.
LOL...since when is it trashing Jungels or Nevers to say they aren’t at the same level (as a senior) as Brodz or Jack Jensen (they aren’t and size certainly IS a factor in this comparison) OR the best junior in the State in Biondi OR one of the 3 best sophomores in the State (along with
LM & JP) in Joey Pierce? And my argument is not that they’re undeserving, on the contrary, they are, my argument is 3 Hornets WILL NOT be Mr Hockey Finalists ☝️

WestMetro
Posts: 2527
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by WestMetro » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:03 pm

Not to beat a dead horse on the goalie issue.

I was one of the first last fall to throw up my hands as to why Boynton, Daninger, and Howe were not under final consideration for the Elite League, reading back on the Top Goalie Statistics thread. Yes, some good and upcoming goalies were picked, but Im not sure they rose to the resume of those kids. Boynton and Howe went on to have a great Blades season, and all three went on for a great high school senior year, which was no surprise to me.

However, I do favor Glockner for Brimsek not only because of data and quality of saves under pressure conditions that Ive seen in person, but also because of the relative team SOS compared to the others. Yes no doubt benefit by who in front of him. But although SOGS are SOGS , he has much better shooters and shot selections coming at him every night , simply by the fact of the SOS of the opposing teams in most cases, on average, means facing better shots by better shooters.

So Im on the same page with Bardown and Danny regarding SOS on this one.
Last edited by WestMetro on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WestMetro
Posts: 2527
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by WestMetro » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:41 pm

Sherwood, welcome back to posting , and hoping to see you this week , and congrats again on new additions to family!

WarmUpTheBus
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:56 pm

sherwood wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:57 am
Agree with 59 they wont have 3 players from Edina in the top 10 for Mr. Hockey. I don't know if there has ever been three from the same school in the top 10 in one year. It's a pointless argument anyways because none of them are going to win it. It's between Bryce Brodzinski and Mike Koster
No argument here but I was struck by something when I looked at their stats on Hockeyhub. It shows Mike Koster with 4 minutes in penalties for the season. I guess I was surprised because this seems like very little compared to the ice time he logs.

between_the_pipes
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:33 pm

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by between_the_pipes » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:58 pm

YouthHockeyHub wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:53 pm
If you listen to what you want to listen to, you will hear me say Glock and Frits have no business winning. But the fact remains, i agree that these two are deserving. But what pains me a lot with awards, guys like Mueller, Daninger and Boynton with very similar numbers and a lot less in front of them get overlooked.

If these two are chosen, no qualms from me/YHH. If anyone knows me/YHH or our past with Glock ('15 Bantam AA state MVP, State Tourney Preview) and Fritsy ('16 Bantam POTY finalist the year Frisch won) knows they are great and well deserving.

However, many times high quality kids on lesser teams get no love. That was the purpose of the take. See my take in 2017 for Bauer Neudecker.
I understand you wanting to give credit to goaltenders that don’t get “love” but the facts are that Glockner and Fritsinger have much more demanding schedules than arguably any other goalie in the state. Champlin does not play a tough schedule. They have a few tough games. Just because of the defense these netminders have in front of them does not mean things are easier for them. Sure it helps but it’s not like they’re seeing 10-15 shots a game, Its probably more closer to the 20s and 30s and you have to remember these are coming from some of the states best forwards that have more velocity and better accuracy than anyone else. There is no doubt that Boynton is an elite goaltender but if you’re comparing who is in front of him then you should also factor in who is shooting on him. SOG aren’t always SOG. If that was the case then we might as well classify all of them as scoring chances. A shot from the blue line or from the sideboards is a routine save in my opinion. It’s the reactions that Glockner and Fritsinger have from in close point blank slot shots and the lateral movement to position themselves on a back door one timer that separate these two. I don’t think Mueller, Daninger, or Boynton are necessarily overlooked, many know these guys are in the mix, unfortunately they’re just not the top two.

The flaw with the Brimsek is the committee only nominating two goaltenders. They should move to five to give the recognition of others for being among the states best.

O-townClown
Posts: 3745
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/3/18 feat. Mike Vorlicky

Post by O-townClown » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:31 am

hockey59 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:31 pm
LOL...since when is it trashing Jungels or Nevers to say they aren’t at the same level (as a senior) as Brodz or Jack Jensen (they aren’t and size certainly IS a factor in this comparison) OR the best junior in the State in Biondi OR one of the 3 best sophomores in the State (along with
LM & JP) in Joey Pierce? And my argument is not that they’re undeserving, on the contrary, they are, my argument is 3 Hornets WILL NOT be Mr Hockey Finalists ☝️
Now you are mixing words. You said they didn't have the skill set, which is independent of size and strength. Juniors and sophomores aren't eligible for Mr. Hockey, so I'm not sure why that matters when identifying 10 deserving players.

Jett Jungels is at 155 points and counting. Jack Jensen, who I think is incredibly good, is at 121. Bryce Brodzinski is at 163. I just don't see how he isn't in your discussion as a TOP TEN senior. I don't think anyone has said an Edina guy will win it. The comment was they could have 3 finalists. You say it is impossible. It's a weird stance. There could be three.
Be kind. Rewind.

Post Reply