What happened to Followthepuck.com?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

wbmd

Re: What happened to Followthepuck.com?

Post by wbmd »

Seems strange that no scores were listed since late January, but it is now showing section seedings.
victor maitland

Post by victor maitland »

Doug is a hockey loving rube like most of us that gave a lot of time to the site. Retweets were incredible. A good way to pull off a site like that might be to crowd source it and we all contribute through tweets and score entry. The hub is like that only the HS coaches are the ones in control of their team pages.

[quote=ryguyMN post_id=730205 time=1550013922 user_id=24027]
[quote=O-townClown post_id=730048 time=1549846671 user_id=9577]

I don't think his request for donations is uncalled for considering he has been very upfront that he's entered into this as a passion and requires a small return to keep going.
[/quote]

Absolutely agree. FTP is basically providing a free service. It doesn't hurt if you find value to throw in a couple bucks to make it worthwhile to the provider as a show of support.

What gets me is the people that complain about a service they are not even paying for like they are entitled to it (could be due to a lack of updates, technical difficulties with game video/audio, etc.). Maybe it speaks for the direction of society, but that's whole different tangent.
[/quote]
kniven

Post by kniven »

ryguyMN wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:25 pm
O-townClown wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:57 pm
I don't think his request for donations is uncalled for considering he has been very upfront that he's entered into this as a passion and requires a small return to keep going.
Absolutely agree. FTP is basically providing a free service. It doesn't hurt if you find value to throw in a couple bucks to make it worthwhile to the provider as a show of support.

What gets me is the people that complain about a service they are not even paying for like they are entitled to it (could be due to a lack of updates, technical difficulties with game video/audio, etc.). Maybe it speaks for the direction of society, but that's whole different tangent.
I was in Cloquet yesterday after filming some youth hockey for the kiddos. There was a guy dressed warm and normal with a sign he was holding asking for money to eat. I watched him from my car as I ate a half pound of flesh, a large French frie, and a 32 ounce coke. I went back to the rink and made a sign asking for money for all the work I do fo the kiddos. - NOT

It must be a metro thing. - begging and all that. 🤔
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

kniven wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:21 am
O-townClown wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:57 pm

I was in Cloquet yesterday after filming some youth hockey for the kiddos. There was a guy dressed warm and normal with a sign he was holding asking for money to eat. I watched him from my car as I ate a half pound of flesh, a large French frie, and a 32 ounce coke. I went back to the rink and made a sign asking for money for all the work I do fo the kiddos. - NOT

Mr. Guske:

I didn't realize Cloquet was part of the metro area.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Corn Cobb wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:00 pm

Mr. Guske:

First time I’ve seen that in Cloquet in 12 years. It inspired me to go beg for cash for all I do for nothing.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️
Upfan111

Post by Upfan111 »

kniven wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:31 pm
Corn Cobb wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:00 pm

Mr. Guske:

First time I’ve seen that in Cloquet in 12 years. It inspired me to go beg for cash for all I do for nothing.
Unreal. Hard to see people who are down on their luck living in Esko.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Well, the main thing is Doug is now back on line