YHH Podcast for 2/10/19 feat. Charlie Glockner

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

karl(east)

YHH Podcast for 2/10/19 feat. Charlie Glockner

Post by karl(east) »

This week:

-Tony, Danny, and Karl recount various adventures to the north
-Recapping some big games from this past week, including Tonka/Edina
-Our all-decade teams
-An appearance from Minnetonka goalie Charlie Glockner
-Previews of the big games in the season's final week

https://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/993691

Thanks, as always, for joining the fun.
WestMetro

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/10/19 feat. Charlie Glockner

Post by WestMetro »

Good show as usual

Players of decade :

No love for Bville Boeser ? LVN Poehlings 31-0? Must have been close to someone’s list cutoff?
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Boeser was in the discussion.

We tried to keep it to HS hockey performance/s - which explains the Boeser no-show. The Poehlings were kind of a unit, with only 6 spots its kind of tough.

My list of course was the best and most well thought out :)
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

2 hour show next week to preview the playoffs? Will Danny and Tony be at Amsoil for Semifinal Saturday?
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
SquirtC'00

Post by SquirtC'00 »

:wink:
TheHockeyDJ wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:02 pm 2 hour show next week to preview the playoffs? Will Danny and Tony be at Amsoil for Semifinal Saturday?
I'll be at Big and Braemar checking Karl's Twitter feed all day. Saturday morning trap game is one of my favorites.

As for next week we'll more than likely put out 2 shows so we can spend time talking class A instead of rushing through because of my poor clock management.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

SquirtC'00 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:40 pm :wink:
TheHockeyDJ wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:02 pm 2 hour show next week to preview the playoffs? Will Danny and Tony be at Amsoil for Semifinal Saturday?
I'll be at Big and Braemar checking Karl's Twitter feed all day. Saturday morning trap game is one of my favorites.

As for next week we'll more than likely put out 2 shows so we can spend time talking class A instead of rushing through because of my poor clock management.
Last edited by TheHockeyDJ on Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

SquirtC'00 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:40 pm :wink:

It is an interesting dynamic having a section game early. Players are hardly awake and in a flash are stepping on the ice for warmups. Teams react differently to an odd bounce early or being in a dog fight they didn’t expect and teams gripping the stick extra tight with seasons and careers on the line. I wonder what is the highest rated team in the state to lose in the semi’s besides Jefferson back in I wanna say 2002 when they were ranked #1 in the state. Lost to unranked Eastview?
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

I think the Jefferson year you're thinking of was 2001.

-2006: Holy Angels bowed out in the semis. Defending champs, with Barribal. I think they were #1 most of the year.
-2016: Benilde lost to Cretin; I believe that Benilde was undefeated up to that point. They were for sure the #1 seed in 6AA that year. Wayzata was the #2, ended up winning 6AA & the state title.

There have been others, for sure: I believe Hill-Murray in 1996 was in the top-3, along with Apple Valley & Duluth East. They lost. I'm sure there have been others.