8AA seeding

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

elliott70

8AA seeding

Post by elliott70 »

I believe they are voting this morning and will release the seeding before noon.
If someone hears please post them here.
Thanks.
elliott70

Re: 8AA seeding

Post by elliott70 »

1 Moorhead
2 Roseau
3 Brainerd
4 Buffalo
5 StMA
6 Bemidji
7 St Cloud
8 Rogers
Green and White Fan

Post by Green and White Fan »

As expected, not even any controversy this year. It will be interesting. Will it be vanilla and fall in line according to seeding or will there be a major upset or two. Time will tell. Fun time of year!!
We've got 7 yes we do, we've got 7, how about you!
7TIMECHAMPS

Post by 7TIMECHAMPS »

Pretty much what was expected. About as cut and dry of a year as you could have due to so many season series sweeps among teams that were close. The only vote that really made me wonder was Rogers voting St Cloud over Bemidji. Bemidji had 3 section wins and a tie. Included in those wins was a win over St Cloud in the head to head. St Cloud had one section win and one section tie. The kicker is that Bemidji has the higher Pagestat rating so you can't even really say that St Cloud has the better team despite the section record and head to head. I debated posting about it because it doesn't end up affecting seeding but I would like to know the reasoning behind Roger's vote.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

7TIMECHAMPS wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:24 pm Pretty much what was expected. About as cut and dry of a year as you could have due to so many season series sweeps among teams that were close. The only vote that really made me wonder was Rogers voting St Cloud over Bemidji. Bemidji had 3 section wins and a tie. Included in those wins was a win over St Cloud in the head to head. St Cloud had one section win and one section tie. The kicker is that Bemidji has the higher Pagestat rating so you can't even really say that St Cloud has the better team despite the section record and head to head. I debated posting about it because it doesn't end up affecting seeding but I would like to know the reasoning behind Roger's vote.
Apparently their coach knows as much about voting hockey as he does about coaching hockey.

Ouch, that wasn't nice.
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

elliott70 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:35 pm
7TIMECHAMPS wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:24 pm Pretty much what was expected. About as cut and dry of a year as you could have due to so many season series sweeps among teams that were close. The only vote that really made me wonder was Rogers voting St Cloud over Bemidji. Bemidji had 3 section wins and a tie. Included in those wins was a win over St Cloud in the head to head. St Cloud had one section win and one section tie. The kicker is that Bemidji has the higher Pagestat rating so you can't even really say that St Cloud has the better team despite the section record and head to head. I debated posting about it because it doesn't end up affecting seeding but I would like to know the reasoning behind Roger's vote.
Apparently their coach knows as much about voting hockey as he does about coaching hockey.

Ouch, that wasn't nice.
It was funny, though! =D> :lol:
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
jdh

Post by jdh »

jdh

Post by jdh »

How the hell did Buffalo get a higher seed than Bemidji?. Bemidji beat them.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

jdh wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:32 pm How the hell did Buffalo get a higher seed than Bemidji?. Bemidji beat them.
Exactly! Except Buffalo deserved it. If Bemidji would have won a game or two down the stretch they could have argued about it.
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

jdh wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:32 pm How the hell did Buffalo get a higher seed than Bemidji?. Bemidji beat them.
STMA also thumped Roseau, but would you argue they deserve the two seed? You have to at least be in the same vicinity with regard to overall performance for head-to-head to come into play.