6AA Final — Edina v BSM

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

WestMetro

Re: 6AA Final — Edina v BSM

Post by WestMetro »

A certain suburb up I 94?

Minn Scout ?
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

5-1 Final.

Benilde will have their day, perhaps as soon as next year, but there was zero doubt who the better team was. Benilde had 10 shots on goal for the game; 2 in the 2nd period. Credit to BSM for getting it back to 2-1, but Jungels scored either right at the end of the PP or just as it expired as it kind of caught the Red Knights on the ice flat footed & took advantage. If that wasn't the back breaker, they scored about 30 seconds later on a 4 on 3 rush to certainly bag it.

I thought you could really see the difference in strength with the Edina D compared to the Benilde fowards....very rarely did the Edina D get beat or not come out with the puck. Plus, they're so good at getting the pucked moved.

I thought Chorske was really impressive. Really earned the 2nd goal; caused the rush up the ice, then pick pocketed the Benilde guy to get the puck back, and then moved it from behind the net to the point to start the sequence with the shot that he tipped in.

Benilde will be heard from....it will just have to wait a year.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Doc Holliday wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:24 pmI thought Chorske was really impressive.
He was awesome. So was Jungels. Malmquist did as much as anyone could without scoring a goal. He almost had 5.
Be kind. Rewind.
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

Couple of thoughts while watching game. As Doc stated, the Edina defense had a wall at their blue-line and made it so difficult for Benilde forwards to enter zone. Very impressive. Also, I have seen Edina play four times this year and it was by far the most physical game I've seen them play. They finished every check almost to a fault and I think it set the tone. The Hornets look like a very tough out at state. GB
thefatcat

Post by thefatcat »

thefatcat wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:28 am
O-townClown wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:08 pm Prediction: Edina 6-2 to make their last state appearance for a few years. Wide sheet doesn't hurt the Hornets.

Benilde is an early pick for next year's favorite to win state and Blake could be a Top 5 team.

Very interested in seeing if these private schools add. Some Bantams from Edina, Eden Prairie and other communities in the Southwest suburbs could make an immediate impact.
I have only heard of one confirmed 8th grade kid from Edina (younger sibling) attending BSM. There is one kid from Wayzata BA already at BSM (9th grader) but haven't heard of any top end 8th graders heading there. Possibly one A/C 8th grader headed there. Do you or CakeScout know anything further.
*I forgot about a D from Hopkins who had an older sibling at BSM a few years ago