Coaching Changes 2019/2020

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
gopherpuck516
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:59 am

Coaching Changes 2019/2020

Post by gopherpuck516 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:27 am

Per Youth Hockey Hub, Matt Doman has resigned from Stillwater.

https://twitter.com/youthhockeyhub/stat ... 40224?s=21

Sparlimb
Posts: 1505
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:11 am

Re: Coaching Changes 2019/2020

Post by Sparlimb » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:40 am

Surprised by that. Anyone know why Doman is leaving? Maybe they can fall back to being a strong feeder area for certain east side teams...


Like Mahtomedi....what did you guys think I was inferring?

Trout
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:31 pm

Re: Coaching Changes 2019/2020

Post by Trout » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:39 am

[quote=Sparlimb post_id=732199 time=1551462055 user_id=136]
Surprised by that. Anyone know why Doman is leaving? Maybe they can fall back to being a strong feeder area for certain east side teams...


Like Mahtomedi....what did you guys think I was inferring?
[/quote]

Doman leaving for job and family (Parents live in Sartell and took job in St Cloud per article i read).

Stillwater is by far the deepest program on the east side when you look at Pee Wee and Bantam rankings and the squirt and mite player numbers are among the largest in the state. Maybe only behind OMG Edina. There will always be some disgruntled kids who leave or some who were always going to HM. With that said i dont think there will be a big transition.

Reading into the tea leaves it looked like they were looking for a sucessor before the year even started adding Zannon and Irmen to the staff.

The senior group next year finished #3 in the state at Bantam AA and were at the top of the rankings a good portion of the year so the cupboard isnt bare. While losing top player (Eisele) Goalie (Brown) and Several Sr. D who were very good (Raleigh, Darby) they should at least keep their spot in 4AA or even be more consistent. If they build a reasonable culture they will be more likely to compete with Hill than WBL in the years to come.

Hopefully the new staff can help them win the close ones. Lost 8 or 9 games by 1 goal this year and by most everyones account outplayed HM in both games they played them this year and competed very well against some.tough competition this year. Couldn't win the close ones.

While WBL won the section this year... this may be the end of that for a while.. Youth looks to be declining. They are more likely the program where top talent will leave to go to the Enememy of the East Side! Woodbury seems to have already become a flyover program to CDH and HM

BeauKnowsHockey
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:55 pm
Location: Woodbury, MN
Contact:

Re: Coaching Changes 2019/2020

Post by BeauKnowsHockey » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:28 pm

North Shore: Mike Guzzo

North Shore coach Guzzo set to put career on ice

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sport ... career-ice
Minnesota based volunteer for EliteProspects.com

BP
Posts: 800
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 am

Re: Coaching Changes 2019/2020

Post by BP » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:17 pm

Bemidji coach has resigned as well

And you have to put STA on there as well

BeauKnowsHockey
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:55 pm
Location: Woodbury, MN
Contact:

Re: Coaching Changes 2019/2020

Post by BeauKnowsHockey » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:36 pm

BP wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:17 pm
And you have to put STA on there as well
Yep, The Vannelli's are stepping down.

https://twitter.com/YouthHockeyHub/stat ... 9878960130
Minnesota based volunteer for EliteProspects.com

WBLPuck99
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:46 am

Re: Coaching Changes 2019/2020

Post by WBLPuck99 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:07 am

Trout wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:39 am
Sparlimb wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:40 am
Surprised by that. Anyone know why Doman is leaving? Maybe they can fall back to being a strong feeder area for certain east side teams...


Like Mahtomedi....what did you guys think I was inferring?
Doman leaving for job and family (Parents live in Sartell and took job in St Cloud per article i read).

Stillwater is by far the deepest program on the east side when you look at Pee Wee and Bantam rankings and the squirt and mite player numbers are among the largest in the state. Maybe only behind OMG Edina. There will always be some disgruntled kids who leave or some who were always going to HM. With that said i dont think there will be a big transition.

Reading into the tea leaves it looked like they were looking for a sucessor before the year even started adding Zannon and Irmen to the staff.

The senior group next year finished #3 in the state at Bantam AA and were at the top of the rankings a good portion of the year so the cupboard isnt bare. While losing top player (Eisele) Goalie (Brown) and Several Sr. D who were very good (Raleigh, Darby) they should at least keep their spot in 4AA or even be more consistent. If they build a reasonable culture they will be more likely to compete with Hill than WBL in the years to come.

Hopefully the new staff can help them win the close ones. Lost 8 or 9 games by 1 goal this year and by most everyones account outplayed HM in both games they played them this year and competed very well against some.tough competition this year. Couldn't win the close ones.

While WBL won the section this year... this may be the end of that for a while.. Youth looks to be declining. They are more likely the program where top talent will leave to go to the Enememy of the East Side! Woodbury seems to have already become a flyover program to CDH and HM
WBL should still be good the next two years, but after that you may see more of a decline. The senior group from WBL for next year if I remember right won state as Bantams. They have some notable departures, but enough talent between the JV and some solid players from the bantam level to supplement some of the upperclassmen. Obviously without Gallatin and Berg that group took a hit, but so did a lot of schools.

The Roed/Rose/Hofeld line will probably be a lot more formidable next year with roed getting another year older/stronger.

TheNightman
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Coaching Changes 2019/2020

Post by TheNightman » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:01 am

WBLPuck99 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:07 am
Trout wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:39 am
Sparlimb wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:40 am
Surprised by that. Anyone know why Doman is leaving? Maybe they can fall back to being a strong feeder area for certain east side teams...


Like Mahtomedi....what did you guys think I was inferring?
Doman leaving for job and family (Parents live in Sartell and took job in St Cloud per article i read).

Stillwater is by far the deepest program on the east side when you look at Pee Wee and Bantam rankings and the squirt and mite player numbers are among the largest in the state. Maybe only behind OMG Edina. There will always be some disgruntled kids who leave or some who were always going to HM. With that said i dont think there will be a big transition.

Reading into the tea leaves it looked like they were looking for a sucessor before the year even started adding Zannon and Irmen to the staff.

The senior group next year finished #3 in the state at Bantam AA and were at the top of the rankings a good portion of the year so the cupboard isnt bare. While losing top player (Eisele) Goalie (Brown) and Several Sr. D who were very good (Raleigh, Darby) they should at least keep their spot in 4AA or even be more consistent. If they build a reasonable culture they will be more likely to compete with Hill than WBL in the years to come.

Hopefully the new staff can help them win the close ones. Lost 8 or 9 games by 1 goal this year and by most everyones account outplayed HM in both games they played them this year and competed very well against some.tough competition this year. Couldn't win the close ones.

While WBL won the section this year... this may be the end of that for a while.. Youth looks to be declining. They are more likely the program where top talent will leave to go to the Enememy of the East Side! Woodbury seems to have already become a flyover program to CDH and HM
WBL should still be good the next two years, but after that you may see more of a decline. The senior group from WBL for next year if I remember right won state as Bantams. They have some notable departures, but enough talent between the JV and some solid players from the bantam level to supplement some of the upperclassmen. Obviously without Gallatin and Berg that group took a hit, but so did a lot of schools.

The Roed/Rose/Hofeld line will probably be a lot more formidable next year with roed getting another year older/stronger.
Roed is going to be a really good player. I like the rest of that Rose, Hofeld, Newpower, Verkerke forward group a lot too. Question mark will be the D next year.

wbmd
Posts: 3809
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:51 pm

Re: Coaching Changes 2019/2020

Post by wbmd » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:21 pm

WBLPuck99 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:07 am

WBL should still be good the next two years, but after that you may see more of a decline. The senior group from WBL for next year if I remember right won state as Bantams. They have some notable departures, but enough talent between the JV and some solid players from the bantam level to supplement some of the upperclassmen. Obviously without Gallatin and Berg that group took a hit, but so did a lot of schools.

The Roed/Rose/Hofeld line will probably be a lot more formidable next year with roed getting another year older/stronger.
White Bear was the 2018 State AA Bantam champions, meaning this years freshmen and sophomores should be good in the next two years.

But, this also has nothing to do with the subject of 'Coaching Changes 2019/2020'.

WarmUpTheBus
Posts: 610
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Coaching Changes 2019/2020

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:09 pm

wbmd wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:21 pm
WBLPuck99 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:07 am

WBL should still be good the next two years, but after that you may see more of a decline. The senior group from WBL for next year if I remember right won state as Bantams. They have some notable departures, but enough talent between the JV and some solid players from the bantam level to supplement some of the upperclassmen. Obviously without Gallatin and Berg that group took a hit, but so did a lot of schools.

The Roed/Rose/Hofeld line will probably be a lot more formidable next year with roed getting another year older/stronger.
White Bear was the 2018 State AA Bantam champions, meaning this years freshmen and sophomores should be good in the next two years.

But, this also has nothing to do with the subject of 'Coaching Changes 2019/2020'.
OMG was the 2018 Bantam AA champion. WBL was 2017. Meaning the Maple Grove freshmen and sophomores should be good in the next 2 years.

wbmd
Posts: 3809
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:51 pm

Re: Coaching Changes 2019/2020

Post by wbmd » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:16 pm

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:09 pm
wbmd wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:21 pm
WBLPuck99 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:07 am

WBL should still be good the next two years, but after that you may see more of a decline. The senior group from WBL for next year if I remember right won state as Bantams. They have some notable departures, but enough talent between the JV and some solid players from the bantam level to supplement some of the upperclassmen. Obviously without Gallatin and Berg that group took a hit, but so did a lot of schools.

The Roed/Rose/Hofeld line will probably be a lot more formidable next year with roed getting another year older/stronger.
White Bear was the 2018 State AA Bantam champions, meaning this years freshmen and sophomores should be good in the next two years.

But, this also has nothing to do with the subject of 'Coaching Changes 2019/2020'.
OMG was the 2018 Bantam AA champion. WBL was 2017. Meaning the Maple Grove freshmen and sophomores should be good in the next 2 years.
OK, sorry that I had the wrong year.

Post Reply