Biondi gone?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

greenwayraider

Biondi gone?

Post by greenwayraider » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:14 am

Heard from a pretty good source that Biondi will not return. Anyone else hear that?

Jeffy95

Re: Biondi gone?

Post by Jeffy95 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:50 am

greenwayraider wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:14 am
Heard from a pretty good source that Biondi will not return. Anyone else hear that?
Heard the same thing, but that was if he got invited back to the NTDP. Haven't heard if he has, but can't imagine he wouldn't get the invite. So a pretty good bet that he's gone. As much as we love to see player's stay, there is really no benefit to him playing another year in that program. Maybe if he played East's schedule or was in the Lake Conference you could make the argument. Sky is the limit for this kid and hope to see him in the NHL someday.

Sounds like Pierce is gone if he gets the invite also. He has no ties to Hermantown, just a brief stop for him.
Last edited by Jeffy95 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:52 am

Biondi has not made a decision.
Parents say he is back depending on..

hockey59

Post by hockey59 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:43 am

elliott70 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:52 am
I’d tend to agree with Elliott...that I doubt any definitive decision has been made (yet) regarding next season for BB. We all know he was offered a roster spot on NTDP last year and it’s not uncommon for NTDP to add a player to the U18 team. Another option, depending on whicH USHL team holds his rights, is to play USHL before & after and return to Hermantown for his senior hockey season while being a leading Mr Hockey candidate. The one pretty safe bet is he won’t be playing Elite League (next Fall). Kid is a great talent who 99% will be joining the Bulldogs Fall of 2020, much to the delight of tUMD fans ☝️

TheNightman

Post by TheNightman » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:47 pm

hockey59 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:43 am
elliott70 wrote:
I’d tend to agree with Elliott...that I doubt any definitive decision has been made (yet) regarding next season for BB. We all know he was offered a roster spot on NTDP last year and it’s not uncommon for NTDP to add a player to the U18 team. Another option, depending on whicH USHL team holds his rights, is to play USHL before & after and return to Hermantown for his senior hockey season while being a leading Mr Hockey candidate. The one pretty safe bet is he won’t be playing Elite League (next Fall). Kid is a great talent who 99% will be joining the Bulldogs Fall of 2020, much to the delight of tUMD fans ☝️
He's the favorite for Mr. Hockey next year if he's back IMO.

kniven

Post by kniven » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:00 pm

This Hermantown puckster is total class just like Coach Andrews. And those Hermantown fans that put up that suite for Greenway. It seems like the AD is a bad seed in the middle of all the fine folks in Hermantown.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:12 pm

Agree with Nightman he is Mr. Hockey if he stays

Green and White Fan

Post by Green and White Fan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:40 pm

Why stay and play with a team that can't even make the state tournament! :D
We've got 7 yes we do, we've got 7, how about you!

kniven

Post by kniven » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:42 pm

Green and White Fan wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:40 pm
Why stay and play with a team that can't even make the state tournament! :D

🤔
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

MWS coach

Post by MWS coach » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:01 pm

WestMetro wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:12 pm
Agree with Nightman he is Mr. Hockey if he stays
I don't disagree that he is one of the front runners, but I wouldn't rule out Richels from Blaine if he stays either.

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:10 pm

MWS, agree on Richels

Here is my own list as of right now

Blake Biondi Htown UMD Will likely leave
Jake Braccini Buffalo U of M
Matt Gleason CDH CC
Jonny Meiers EAG CC
Blake Mesenberg BSM Uncommitted
Zach Michaelis ELK Omaha
John Middlestadt EP U of M
G Pinoniemi HF SCSU
Rhett Pitlick Chaska U of M Will leave
Carson Richels BL Uncommitted
Nate Warner SCC U of M

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:24 pm

WestMetro wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:10 pm

Matt Gleason CDH CC
Jonny Meiers EAG CC
Zach Michaelis ELK Omaha
G Pinoniemi HF SCSU
Nate Warner SCC U of M
Very good list! I'd put Biondi, Gleason & Pinoniemi as the three most likely with a nod to Gleason if C-DH could win any games. He's awfully fun to watch!
Be kind. Rewind.

blueblood

Post by blueblood » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:53 pm

WM:

You might want to add Teddy Lagerback to your pre-season listing.
Play Like a Champion Today

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:09 pm

TL Good addition . Will have great senior season as the go to guy fir Skips

blueblood

Post by blueblood » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:14 pm

Agreed - based on his current pace, he should top the century mark for points for his career playing against the top 1 or 2 ranked SOS schedule three years in a row.
Play Like a Champion Today

CakeScout17

Post by CakeScout17 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:53 pm

WestMetro wrote:
MWS, agree on Richels

Matt Gleason CDH CC
Jonny Meiers EAG CC
Zach Michaelis ELK Omaha
G Pinoniemi HF SCSU
Nate Warner SCC U of M

Pino has flipped to U of M

HawkAA

Post by HawkAA » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:09 pm

FROM #27 TWITTER ACCT: 10/23/18

Retweeted: (Hidden message here???)

"Players: Enjoy your HS playing days. There’s nothing like playing in front of a crowd of your community members, friends & family & playing alongside classmates. The sense of community & school pride is unbeatable. Relish it; rejoice in it; respect it. It’s over before you know."

This is a tweet from his Twitter acct from October 23rd. Hopefully, the Mr Hockey award, another shot at the tourney and playing with his buddies give him enough reasons to play another year. I think if #27 stays, #18 stays....my opinion!

Dog

Post by Dog » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:50 pm

He's one hell of a player. Hard to argue against him being the best junior in the state. Like many he had this year, his goal against Greenway was sick. If the offer is still there, it would be hard to turn down the NTDP considering the pedigree of the program. Probably depends on if he'd be willing to move away from home but the history of the program suggests he'd be a better player for it and UMD would benefit.

Selfishly, for the good of UMD (and for the benefit of him not playing against my program) I wouldn't mind him going. Hard choice to make for a kid but if you're looking at one made purely to elevate his game, it's hard to argue against going to the NTDP. Is the offer still there even?

TheNightman

Post by TheNightman » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:28 am

Dog wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:50 pm
He's one hell of a player. Hard to argue against him being the best junior in the state. Like many he had this year, his goal against Greenway was sick. If the offer is still there, it would be hard to turn down the NTDP considering the pedigree of the program. Probably depends on if he'd be willing to move away from home but the history of the program suggests he'd be a better player for it and UMD would benefit.

Selfishly, for the good of UMD (and for the benefit of him not playing against my program) I wouldn't mind him going. Hard choice to make for a kid but if you're looking at one made purely to elevate his game, it's hard to argue against going to the NTDP. Is the offer still there even?
He's played 8 games with them this year so I'm assuming they're on good terms and the offer is still there.

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:33 am

Had they made the move to AA, then I would have selfishly liked to see him come back to get them off on the right track. As it is, there is nothing for him to come back for. There's no question he will elevate his game and become a much better player at the NTDP. That will help him get a jump start with the Bulldogs and hopefully lead to a career beyond that. Should be a no-brainer at this point.

Edinahopkins

Post by Edinahopkins » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:06 am

If he stays he would be just fine everyone thinks you have to leave, if you leave early and don’t go pro you lost the time of being a kid growing up at home being with you’re buddies sure you would not regret it right away but I bet some wish they could have stayed if you asked them ten years from now. Plus I am positive it didn’t hurt any Hermantown kid playing D1 that they played there high school season at Hermantown arguably Minnesota’s best true freshman played his senior season for his school. Obviously it’s up to the kid but it just blows my mind that parents want Little jimmy to leave so bad the scouts are going to say what ever it takes to get you to come it’s there job i believe you’re that good you can do a before and after I’m the USHL it’s Minnesota hockey it’s not Wisconsin or South Dakota but just my opinion.

Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:18 am

Edinahopkins wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:06 am
If he stays he would be just fine everyone thinks you have to leave, if you leave early and don’t go pro you lost the time of being a kid growing up at home being with you’re buddies sure you would not regret it right away but I bet some wish they could have stayed if you asked them ten years from now. Plus I am positive it didn’t hurt any Hermantown kid playing D1 that they played there high school season at Hermantown arguably Minnesota’s best true freshman played his senior season for his school. Obviously it’s up to the kid but it just blows my mind that parents want Little jimmy to leave so bad the scouts are going to say what ever it takes to get you to come it’s there job i believe you’re that good you can do a before and after I’m the USHL it’s Minnesota hockey it’s not Wisconsin or South Dakota but just my opinion.
I haven't heard anybody say that he has to leave. You're correct, he would be "just fine" if he stayed. But maybe he's looking for more than, "just fine." We're talking about the NTDP here, not just juniors. That changes the equation a little in my opinion.

HockeyonFire

Post by HockeyonFire » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:41 am

WestMetro wrote:
MWS, agree on Richels

Matt Gleason CDH CC
Jonny Meiers EAG CC
Zach Michaelis ELK Omaha
G Pinoniemi HF SCSU
Nate Warner SCC U of M
The HF camp tells me Garrett Pinoniemi coming back. Wont know for sure until mid-summer. He is also the only HS player on the NHL Central Scouting list from this past season. https://www.stateofhockey.com/news_arti ... g-rankings

northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:43 am

elliott70 wrote:
I would hope the Biondi kid goes and plays at US18 or a USHL team.
This will get him ready for the college level game if he is coming into UMD in 2020

USA218

Post by USA218 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:36 am

Isn't Biondi a first round pick of Sioux City? Has he played there at all this spring? Hard to imagine he wouldn't be playing with them or NTDP right now. I don't see how another year at Hermantown helps him in any way developmentally versus moving on. IMO, he would greatly benefit playing at the next level (same as Brink this year).