Early Departures 2019-2020

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MWS coach
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 am

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by MWS coach » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:16 am

blueline_6 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:09 am
MWS coach wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:01 pm
blueline_6 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:30 am


In this three years as head coach Gustafson hasn't lost kids early at any higher rate than Roberts did before him. In Gordie's four years he lost Blake Hillman, Andrew Zerban and Matt Kiersted. Gustafson so far has only lost Jack Perbix (last year), with Michaelis and Humphrey this coming season would make it 3 kids in 4 years.
This isn't quite accurate, look a little deeper and you might find a couple more....
I was only accounting for kids who left early to play juniors, not kids who left for Jr Gold, moved out of Elk River, or quit playing hockey.
Ok, still not accurate.....

blueline_6
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by blueline_6 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:44 am

MWS coach wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:16 am
blueline_6 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:09 am
MWS coach wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:01 pm


This isn't quite accurate, look a little deeper and you might find a couple more....
I was only accounting for kids who left early to play juniors, not kids who left for Jr Gold, moved out of Elk River, or quit playing hockey.
Ok, still not accurate.....
Huh, okay. I'll take your word for it. I thought Perbix was Gustafson's first loss to junior hockey, wasn't aware of anyone before that.

The Exiled One
Posts: 1727
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:34 am

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by The Exiled One » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:25 pm

Evan Bushy is at the Sioux Falls training camp. He's a lock to get a full time roster spot if he wants one. Not sure if they'll let him do a before/after.

USA218
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:03 pm

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by USA218 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:19 am

The Exiled One wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:25 pm
Evan Bushy is at the Sioux Falls training camp. He's a lock to get a full time roster spot if he wants one. Not sure if they'll let him do a before/after.
I was told he will not be returning to TRF this season by a good source. Sure there is a chance things could change if doesnt go well early.

The Exiled One
Posts: 1727
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:34 am

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by The Exiled One » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:22 pm

USA218 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:19 am
The Exiled One wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:25 pm
Evan Bushy is at the Sioux Falls training camp. He's a lock to get a full time roster spot if he wants one. Not sure if they'll let him do a before/after.
I was told he will not be returning to TRF this season by a good source. Sure there is a chance things could change if doesnt go well early.
Evan Bushy and Garrett Pinoniemi on the same team. That should be interesting from an SCSU fan perspective.

O-townClown
Posts: 3672
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by O-townClown » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:43 pm

The Exiled One wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:22 pm
Evan Bushy and Garrett Pinoniemi on the same team. That should be interesting from an SCSU fan perspective.
?


https://youtu.be/jrqMdja4eYs
Be kind. Rewind.

The Exiled One
Posts: 1727
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:34 am

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by The Exiled One » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:05 pm

O-townClown wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:43 pm
The Exiled One wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:22 pm
Evan Bushy and Garrett Pinoniemi on the same team. That should be interesting from an SCSU fan perspective.
?
Pinoniemi, Bryce Brodzinski, and Nate Warner all ditched SCSU to follow Bob Motzko to Minnesota. Pinoniemi will be playing alongside SCSU recruit Evan Bushy in Sioux Falls, Bryce Brodzinski will be playing alongside SCSU recruit John Opilka in Omaha, and Nate Warner will be playing alongside SCSU recruits Ben Troumbley and Christian Miller for Great Plains in the Elite League (in addition to Mack Motzko). Miller and Troumbley were Motzko recruits that he didn't attempt to bring to Minnesota.

I view high school and pro hockey through the lens of college hockey, therefore this stuff is interesting to me.

TheNightman
Posts: 469
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by TheNightman » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:07 pm

The Exiled One wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:05 pm
O-townClown wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:43 pm
The Exiled One wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:22 pm
Evan Bushy and Garrett Pinoniemi on the same team. That should be interesting from an SCSU fan perspective.
?
Pinoniemi, Bryce Brodzinski, and Nate Warner all ditched SCSU to follow Bob Motzko to Minnesota. Pinoniemi will be playing alongside SCSU recruit Evan Bushy in Sioux Falls, Bryce Brodzinski will be playing alongside SCSU recruit John Opilka in Omaha, and Nate Warner will be playing alongside SCSU recruits Ben Troumbley and Christian Miller for Great Plains in the Elite League (in addition to Mack Motzko). Miller and Troumbley were Motzko recruits that he didn't attempt to bring to Minnesota.

I view high school and pro hockey through the lens of college hockey, therefore this stuff is interesting to me.
Brodzinski is playing for the Gophers.

The Exiled One
Posts: 1727
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:34 am

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by The Exiled One » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:44 pm

TheNightman wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:07 pm
Brodzinski is playing for the Gophers.
I know, that's what I wrote. He was previously committed to SCSU.

TheNightman
Posts: 469
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by TheNightman » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:34 pm

The Exiled One wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:44 pm
TheNightman wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:07 pm
Brodzinski is playing for the Gophers.
I know, that's what I wrote. He was previously committed to SCSU.
Like this year, Brodzinski will be playing for the U this year, not in Omaha.

O-townClown
Posts: 3672
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by O-townClown » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:04 pm

The Exiled One wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:05 pm
Pinoniemi, Bryce Brodzinski, and Nate Warner all ditched SCSU to follow Bob Motzko to Minnesota.
Yes, which is why I linked you to Led Zeppelin's "What is (Bushy) and what should never be (Pinoniemi)" - I view the world through music lyrics so that was the first thing that came to my head.
Be kind. Rewind.

The Exiled One
Posts: 1727
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:34 am

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by The Exiled One » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:38 am

TheNightman wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:34 pm
Like this year, Brodzinski will be playing for the U this year, not in Omaha.
Gotcha. My bad. I thought for sure he was deferring for a year.

BP
Posts: 824
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 am

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by BP » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:26 am

You can add:

Hunter Hady (So D- Rochester Mayo) - Sioux Falls U16
Jacob Rude (Jr F- Anoka) - Sioux Falls U16
Brody Lucas (Sr F- Mankato West) - Northstar Christian Academy
Anthony Menghini (Jr F - Brainerd) - Northstar Christian Academy

BeauKnowsHockey
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:55 pm
Location: Woodbury, MN
Contact:

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by BeauKnowsHockey » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:50 am

BP wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:26 am
You can add:

Hunter Hady (So D- Rochester Mayo) - Sioux Falls U16
Jacob Rude (Jr F- Anoka) - Sioux Falls U16
Brody Lucas (Sr F- Mankato West) - Northstar Christian Academy
Anthony Menghini (Jr F - Brainerd) - Northstar Christian Academy
Someone has been paying attention to EliteProspects (at least for the NCA Departures!) 👀👀
Minnesota based volunteer for EliteProspects.com

7TIMECHAMPS
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:58 pm

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by 7TIMECHAMPS » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:40 pm

Kind of a big deal for 8AA. Menghini was Brainerd’s leading returning scorer.

Section 8 guy
Posts: 429
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by Section 8 guy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Brainerd lost a ton from last year and doesn’t have a lot to replace it with. They likely won’t be a major factor this year with or without Menghini. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s a factor in his decision.

BeauKnowsHockey
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:55 pm
Location: Woodbury, MN
Contact:

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by BeauKnowsHockey » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:05 pm

You can also add

Jack Stark (Jr. G - Chaska) - Sioux Falls Power U16
Joe Prouty (Sr. D - Apple Valley) - Sioux Falls Power U18
Minnesota based volunteer for EliteProspects.com

goldy313
Posts: 3246
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:56 am

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by goldy313 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:44 pm

One of those kids was not an above average player in the Big 9 Conference. Best of luck to him but you have to wonder about stuff like that.....

WestMetro
Posts: 2467
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by WestMetro » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:03 pm

Attempting to get confirmation of info from a usually reliable source of an unexpected potential early depart with top 10 implications

bardown27
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by bardown27 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:08 pm

WestMetro wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:03 pm
Attempting to get confirmation of info from a usually reliable source of an unexpected potential early depart with top 10 implications
What region of the metro?

blueline_6
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by blueline_6 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:46 am

bardown27 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:08 pm
WestMetro wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:03 pm
Attempting to get confirmation of info from a usually reliable source of an unexpected potential early depart with top 10 implications
What region of the metro?
Top 10 AA or A?

blueblood
Posts: 2300
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:36 am
Location: Tonka

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by blueblood » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:26 am

classic Geraldo move baiting everyone with "I'm hearing this information in my awesome network of HS spies..."
Play Like a Champion Today

InThePipes
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by InThePipes » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:32 am

blueblood wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:26 am
classic Geraldo move baiting everyone with "I'm hearing this information in my awesome network of HS spies..."
:lol:

Slap Shot
Posts: 717
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:44 pm

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by Slap Shot » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:39 am

blueblood wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:26 am
classic Geraldo move baiting everyone with "I'm hearing this information in my awesome network of HS spies..."
I was so sure that safe was going to have the mother lode!

:oops: :cry: :evil:

blueblood
Posts: 2300
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:36 am
Location: Tonka

Re: Early Departures 2019-2020

Post by blueblood » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:15 am

Oh, we've found another secret room, let's see if there's anything in there! #Empty [-X
Play Like a Champion Today

Post Reply