NDTP Invites MN edition

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

yesiplayedhockey

Re: NDTP Invites MN edition

Post by yesiplayedhockey »

So the message is

If you're an 00, 01, 02 even an 03 and you didn't make this team. Or that team. Or you don't have that "verbal agreement" yet....Settle down ...No need to double down on those lessons...There's still a long process ahead and lots of college rides left to hand out

The one thing that may effect these stats is the number of Europeans and Canadians now jumping into NCAA hockey. If that number continues to grow, it will have an influence on the number of Minnesota kids getting a D-1 offer
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

193 divided by 4... but the 193 could be from 6 or 7 birth years but you still can divide by 4 for a rough average.. of course knowing kids will enter at all different times.. but it is pretty simple to get a rough average per year. Some birth years might have 66 that end up playing D-1... and other years might have 37... others 44. People get way too brain locked by the 14 that are committed by hs graduation.

:idea:
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Another way to look at it...out of any MN birth year class...if 10 eventually log at least one game in the NHL...that’s probably pretty good. Of the 98 birth years, Mittelstadt, Anderson & Lindgren have so far. There’s a strong chance Perunovich & Bellows & Tufte & Perbix will within 1-2 years. Who the other 3 will be is harder to say, but in the end, the over (under) sits at about 10 IMO ☝️
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

yesiplayedhockey wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:07 pm The one thing that may effect these stats is the number of Europeans and Canadians now jumping into NCAA hockey. If that number continues to grow, it will have an influence on the number of Minnesota kids getting a D-1 offer
My understanding is Europeans are growing, but still just a trace. Canadians have been pretty constant, no? Low 30s% as I recall.

Greybeard had the best information I've seen on this subject. It's been a few years since he sent me a file.

Minnesotans are less impacted by foreigners than they are by kids from other states. The sport grew and the number of Div I opportunities did not change much.
Be kind. Rewind.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

The most flabbergasting thing on this thread is my good friend Hockey59 rattled off 47 1998 birth year D1 names from memory! ( or was it his well kept all hockey trivia personal Excel spreadsheet, or other private closely held sources? Although I have no doubt it could have been from memory. ) Either way, reaffirming his standing as a top 3 hockey pundit, while the rest of us merely strive to break into the lower top 100. Every time I intro 59 to someone, later I see them shaking their head , muttering about his incredible knowledge ! Im thinking CakeScout or Otown were the latest. Last I saw 59, dozens of west metro parents at Braemar were lined up to seek out his opinion about Section 5 and 7 teams for insights about the upcoming playoffs. Well done as usual 59! Hoping to see you soon at maybe at PIC 54's, or summer Braemar festival.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

WestMetro wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:43 am The most flabbergasting thing on this thread is my good friend Hockey59 rattled off 47 1998 birth year D1 names from memory! ( or was it his well kept all hockey trivia personal Excel spreadsheet, or other private closely held sources? Although I have no doubt it could have been from memory. ) Either way, reaffirming his standing as a top 3 hockey pundit, while the rest of us merely strive to break into the lower top 100. Every time I intro 59 to someone, later I see them shaking their head , muttering about his incredible knowledge ! Im thinking CakeScout or Otown were the latest. Last I saw 59, dozens of west metro parents at Braemar were lined up to seek out his opinion about Section 5 and 7 teams for insights about the upcoming playoffs. Well done as usual 59! Hoping to see you soon at maybe at PIC 54's, or summer Braemar festival.
Oh boy.... wipe your mouth off... :lol:
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

BeauKnowsHockey wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:57 am
yesiplayedhockey wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:02 am You're saying 40-50 2003 birth year kids from Minnesota will eventually play D-1? Wow I had no idea the numbers were that high. Impressive

Anyone know the current number of 2001's verbally committed ? 2000's ?
Easy to find by grad year on FollowthePuck.com
http://followthepuck.com/index.php/minn ... 2018-2019/

2019 - 27
2020 - 25
2021 - 15
2022 - 3
This list say Josh Luedtke to Northern Mich. I believe he switched to Denver.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

:^o
WestMetro wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:43 am The most flabbergasting thing on this thread is my good friend Hockey59 rattled off 47 1998 birth year D1 names from memory! ( or was it his well kept all hockey trivia personal Excel spreadsheet, or other private closely held sources? Although I have no doubt it could have been from memory. ) Either way, reaffirming his standing as a top 3 hockey pundit, while the rest of us merely strive to break into the lower top 100. Every time I intro 59 to someone, later I see them shaking their head , muttering about his incredible knowledge ! Im thinking CakeScout or Otown were the latest. Last I saw 59, dozens of west metro parents at Braemar were lined up to seek out his opinion about Section 5 and 7 teams for insights about the upcoming playoffs. Well done as usual 59! Hoping to see you soon at maybe at PIC 54's, or summer Braemar festival.
You are way too kind West Metro ☝️Was fortunate enough to have a son who is a 98 birth year and a pretty good player. Accordingly, he managed to cross paths at one time or another with most of the 47 listed... I was just along for the ride.
BeauKnowsHockey

Post by BeauKnowsHockey »

This list say Josh Luedtke to Northern Mich. I believe he switched to Denver.

You are correct. I have it on EliteProspects.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/3 ... sh-luedtke
Minnesota based volunteer for EliteProspects.com
kniven

Post by kniven »

Did I just see the NHL draft right? 6 of the first dozen picks from this USA NDTP team. Wow! Any Minnesota boys going to be on this team this winter? Seems like an excellent place to play if the NHL is where you want to end up 👍
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Huge nite for Ann Arbor’s , and future Badger commits

(I think there were 9 first round Americans altogether )

Seems to me Badgers might be preseason fav
to win ncaa next year , good move Rydo
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

WestMetro wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:18 pmSeems to me Badgers might be preseason fav
I'll be shocked if Wisconsin is a factor. Hard to win NCAA games when you rely on young guys. BU is a recent example.
Be kind. Rewind.
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

WestMetro wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:18 pm Huge nite for Ann Arbor’s , and future Badger commits

(I think there were 9 first round Americans altogether )

Seems to me Badgers might be preseason fav
Good move for him and 36 other commits :lol:

Nothing against Rydo, wish him and the others well
yesiplayedhockey

Post by yesiplayedhockey »

Couple observations from day one

1. 11 Americans picked in the first round and none were Minnesota kids...Tells me that no matter how many checks you parents write out eventually talent catches up. Also tells me hockey in other parts of the country is healthy and growing....

2. No Brink....That shocked me... but Caulfield sliding didn't help the cause...Someone is going to get a great kid in the early rounds today

3. Hughes will sell a ton of Jersey's for New Jersey.....short term Rangers may have gotten a better player at number 2 but long term you cannot bet against Hughes. He could be the face of the NHL in the years to come

4. It was a good day one for the NDTP...It will be very interesting to see if that trend continues over the next couple years. And if so, will that have any effect on more Minnesota kids choosing NDTP versus Minnesota High School hockey....Will there be a day where 5-6 Minnesota kids play on one NDTP team? Right now I think it's traditionally 2 - 3 kids ?
ThatMNHockeyGuy62

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 »

yesiplayedhockey wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:26 am 4. It was a good day one for the NDTP...It will be very interesting to see if that trend continues over the next couple years. And if so, will that have any effect on more Minnesota kids choosing NDTP versus Minnesota High School hockey....Will there be a day where 5-6 Minnesota kids play on one NDTP team? Right now I think it's traditionally 2 - 3 kids ?
For a couple years now it’s been known this 01 NTDP group is stronger than usual... by quite a lot. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen again but I wouldn’t start expecting this trend until you see it a few years in a row. Don’t think the 02s are at the same level.
Bonin2121

Post by Bonin2121 »

Not even close. This was probably the best NTDP team ever assembled. 17 players drafted.