7AA 2019-2020

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mnnstar
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:11 am

Re: Forest Lake at Cloquet

Post by Mnnstar » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:47 am

kniven wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:51 pm
Any opinions on this game coming up on Tuesday in Cloquet?
Hard to say by comparing scores I think it is a toss up.
Comes down to goal tending and who plays for FLAKE if Soave plays I would give the advantage to CEC.
If Bothun plays then FLAKE.
She is the real deal.
#1 reason FLAKE beat East.

kniven
Posts: 2946
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: Forest Lake at Cloquet

Post by kniven » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:16 pm

Mnnstar wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:47 am
kniven wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:51 pm
Any opinions on this game coming up on Tuesday in Cloquet?
Hard to say by comparing scores I think it is a toss up.
Comes down to goal tending and who plays for FLAKE if Soave plays I would give the advantage to CEC.
If Bothun plays then FLAKE.
She is the real deal.
#1 reason FLAKE beat East.
Yes. Easily top 10 in the state. Forest Lake has a history of Elite girl goalies. And their girls high school squad lately is dominate. How long before we see elite girl hockey players on boys high school rosters. I’ll give it 10 years.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

kniven
Posts: 2946
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: Forest Lake at Cloquet

Post by kniven » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:46 pm

kniven wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:16 pm
Mnnstar wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:47 am
kniven wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:51 pm
Any opinions on this game coming up on Tuesday in Cloquet?
Hard to say by comparing scores I think it is a toss up.
Comes down to goal tending and who plays for FLAKE if Soave plays I would give the advantage to CEC.
If Bothun plays then FLAKE.
She is the real deal.
#1 reason FLAKE beat East.
Yes. Easily top 10 in the state. Forest Lake has a history of Elite girl goalies. And their girls high school squad lately is dominate. How long before we see elite girl hockey players on boys high school rosters. I’ll give it 10 years.
Yes. This game on Tuesday is huge. HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

Unpaidscout
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:08 pm

Re: Forest Lake at Cloquet

Post by Unpaidscout » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:43 pm

Mnnstar wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:47 am
kniven wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:51 pm
Any opinions on this game coming up on Tuesday in Cloquet?
Hard to say by comparing scores I think it is a toss up.
Comes down to goal tending and who plays for FLAKE if Soave plays I would give the advantage to CEC.
If Bothun plays then FLAKE.
She is the real deal.
#1 reason FLAKE beat East.
[-X [-X

kniven
Posts: 2946
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: Forest Lake at Cloquet

Post by kniven » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:09 pm

Mnnstar wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:47 am
kniven wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:51 pm
Any opinions on this game coming up on Tuesday in Cloquet?
Hard to say by comparing scores I think it is a toss up.
Comes down to goal tending and who plays for FLAKE if Soave plays I would give the advantage to CEC.
If Bothun plays then FLAKE.
She is the real deal.
#1 reason FLAKE beat East.
That’s awesome. I really hope she plays. 👍
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

kniven
Posts: 2946
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Duluth East team out with illness

Post by kniven » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:46 am

Since that Forest Lake loss. It seems nobody wants to play anymore on the Duluth East squad. I know the flu takes its run on locker rooms, but this seems a little odd and different. I do hope all is well. That loss to Forest Lake was devastating to that team, coaches, parents, fans, and Hound Nation as a whole. Even KarlEast was offended by the loss.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

mnmouth
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:06 pm

Re: Duluth East team out with illness

Post by mnmouth » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:58 am

kniven wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:46 am
Since that Forest Lake loss. It seems nobody wants to play anymore on the Duluth East squad. I know the flu takes its run on locker rooms, but this seems a little odd and different. I do hope all is well. That loss to Forest Lake was devastating to that team, coaches, parents, fans, and Hound Nation as a whole. Even KarlEast was offended by the loss.
Sky is not falling at East. They have their least experienced and least talented team in years. Losing to Forest Lake probably an eye opener, but this is not 2012.

Usthockey13
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: 7AA 2019-2020

Post by Usthockey13 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:34 pm

come on guys lets relax here on the flu issue. They have 15 kids with Influenza A,B,and C. They are trying to take the best interests of the kids health and safety. They are also thinking of the other teams by not playing and having them get sick. Had they had a couple kids sick they would have played.

MWS coach
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 am

Re: 7AA 2019-2020

Post by MWS coach » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:35 pm

D East Twitter posted game on Tuesday is also postponed?

Do these games end up as forfeits if unable to be rescheduled, or just don't count as games? I honestly don't know which is why I am asking.

Usthockey13
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: 7AA 2019-2020

Post by Usthockey13 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:46 pm

no forefits the moorhead game just doesnt count. They are making up the Brainerd on Weds Feb 5th and are looking to reschedule the Eagan game.

MWS coach
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 am

Re: 7AA 2019-2020

Post by MWS coach » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:06 pm

Usthockey13 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:34 pm
come on guys lets relax here on the flu issue. They have 15 kids with Influenza A,B,and C. They are trying to take the best interests of the kids health and safety. They are also thinking of the other teams by not playing and having them get sick. Had they had a couple kids sick they would have played.
Were they sharing water bottles, or girlfriends!!! :lol:

muckandgrinder65
Posts: 240
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:06 pm

Re: 7AA 2019-2020

Post by muckandgrinder65 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:13 pm

The Moorhead game wouldn't make a difference to the QRF anyway...
East will have first round home game- relax everyone....

elliott70
Posts: 13586
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Re: 7AA 2019-2020

Post by elliott70 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:25 pm

Section 7AA Standings (QRF Seeded - 2/13) AS OF 1-27-20
QRF Rank Seed Team (QRF) Section Overall For Agst Streak
No. 1 Andover (119.1) 1-0-0 15-3-1 5.1 1.4 Won 6
No. 23 Forest Lake (85.9) 2-1-0 12-4-3 3.1 2.1 Won 5
No. 28 Grand Rapids (80.5) 5-0-0 10-7-1 3.0 2.1 Lost 2
No. 32 Duluth East (76.7) 1-4-0 7-9-1 2.7 3.3 Lost 1
No. 36 C-E-C (72.1) 2-1-0 11-7-1 4.0 2.5 Won 3
No. 48 Elk River/Zimmerman (55.4) 0-2-0 7-13-0 3.73.3Won 2
No. 59 Anoka (35.2) 0-3-0 3-13-1 1.8 4.8 Lost 1
No. 63 Duluth Marshall (28.6) 0-3-0 3-15-0

SEEDING IF DONE TODAY
1 ANDOVER
2 GRAND RAPIDS
3 FOREST LAKE
4 DULUTH EAST
5 CEC
6 ELK RIVER
7 ANOKA
8 DULUTH MARSHALL

kniven
Posts: 2946
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: 7AA 2019-2020

Post by kniven » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:38 pm

elliott70 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:25 pm
Section 7AA Standings (QRF Seeded - 2/13) AS OF 1-27-20
QRF Rank Seed Team (QRF) Section Overall For Agst Streak
No. 1 Andover (119.1) 1-0-0 15-3-1 5.1 1.4 Won 6
No. 23 Forest Lake (85.9) 2-1-0 12-4-3 3.1 2.1 Won 5
No. 28 Grand Rapids (80.5) 5-0-0 10-7-1 3.0 2.1 Lost 2
No. 32 Duluth East (76.7) 1-4-0 7-9-1 2.7 3.3 Lost 1
No. 36 C-E-C (72.1) 2-1-0 11-7-1 4.0 2.5 Won 3
No. 48 Elk River/Zimmerman (55.4) 0-2-0 7-13-0 3.73.3Won 2
No. 59 Anoka (35.2) 0-3-0 3-13-1 1.8 4.8 Lost 1
No. 63 Duluth Marshall (28.6) 0-3-0 3-15-0

SEEDING IF DONE TODAY
1 ANDOVER
2 GRAND RAPIDS
3 FOREST LAKE
4 DULUTH EAST
5 CEC
6 ELK RIVER
7 ANOKA
8 DULUTH MARSHALL
Yes. That’s probably the way it ends.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

Mnnstar
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:11 am

Re: 7AA 2019-2020

Post by Mnnstar » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:56 pm

kniven wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:38 pm
elliott70 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:25 pm
Section 7AA Standings (QRF Seeded - 2/13) AS OF 1-27-20
QRF Rank Seed Team (QRF) Section Overall For Agst Streak
No. 1 Andover (119.1) 1-0-0 15-3-1 5.1 1.4 Won 6
No. 23 Forest Lake (85.9) 2-1-0 12-4-3 3.1 2.1 Won 5
No. 28 Grand Rapids (80.5) 5-0-0 10-7-1 3.0 2.1 Lost 2
No. 32 Duluth East (76.7) 1-4-0 7-9-1 2.7 3.3 Lost 1
No. 36 C-E-C (72.1) 2-1-0 11-7-1 4.0 2.5 Won 3
No. 48 Elk River/Zimmerman (55.4) 0-2-0 7-13-0 3.73.3Won 2
No. 59 Anoka (35.2) 0-3-0 3-13-1 1.8 4.8 Lost 1
No. 63 Duluth Marshall (28.6) 0-3-0 3-15-0

SEEDING IF DONE TODAY
1 ANDOVER
2 GRAND RAPIDS
3 FOREST LAKE
4 DULUTH EAST
5 CEC
6 ELK RIVER
7 ANOKA
8 DULUTH MARSHALL
Yes. That’s probably the way it ends.
Doen't 7 go strictly by QRF?

elliott70
Posts: 13586
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Re: 7AA 2019-2020

Post by elliott70 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:05 pm

Mnnstar wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:56 pm
kniven wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:38 pm
elliott70 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:25 pm
Section 7AA Standings (QRF Seeded - 2/13) AS OF 1-27-20
QRF Rank Seed Team (QRF) Section Overall For Agst Streak
No. 1 Andover (119.1) 1-0-0 15-3-1 5.1 1.4 Won 6
No. 23 Forest Lake (85.9) 2-1-0 12-4-3 3.1 2.1 Won 5
No. 28 Grand Rapids (80.5) 5-0-0 10-7-1 3.0 2.1 Lost 2
No. 32 Duluth East (76.7) 1-4-0 7-9-1 2.7 3.3 Lost 1
No. 36 C-E-C (72.1) 2-1-0 11-7-1 4.0 2.5 Won 3
No. 48 Elk River/Zimmerman (55.4) 0-2-0 7-13-0 3.73.3Won 2
No. 59 Anoka (35.2) 0-3-0 3-13-1 1.8 4.8 Lost 1
No. 63 Duluth Marshall (28.6) 0-3-0 3-15-0

SEEDING IF DONE TODAY
1 ANDOVER
2 GRAND RAPIDS
3 FOREST LAKE
4 DULUTH EAST
5 CEC
6 ELK RIVER
7 ANOKA
8 DULUTH MARSHALL
Yes. That’s probably the way it ends.
Doen't 7 go strictly by QRF?
Yes and this would be QRF with the tiebreaker as it currently stands.
GR is within 6 point of FL so the tie breaker (head to head) comes into play.

kniven
Posts: 2946
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: 7AA 2019-2020

Post by kniven » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:41 pm

elliott70 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:05 pm
Mnnstar wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:56 pm
kniven wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:38 pm


Yes. That’s probably the way it ends.
Doen't 7 go strictly by QRF?
Yes and this would be QRF with the tiebreaker as it currently stands.
GR is within 6 point of FL so the tie breaker (head to head) comes into play.
Cloquet would be ahead of Duluth East via the tiebreaker as well.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

elliott70
Posts: 13586
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Re: 7AA 2019-2020

Post by elliott70 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:48 pm

kniven wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:41 pm
elliott70 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:05 pm
Mnnstar wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:56 pm
Doen't 7 go strictly by QRF?
Yes and this would be QRF with the tiebreaker as it currently stands.
GR is within 6 point of FL so the tie breaker (head to head) comes into play.
Cloquet would be ahead of Duluth East via the tiebreaker as well.
Right you are so CEC would be at home against DEAST

kniven
Posts: 2946
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: 7AA 2019-2020

Post by kniven » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:56 pm

And. Duluth East hockey team/players are all extremely ill with influenza. They might not play any more regular season games. So there QRF would stay exactly the same.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

Rocketwrister
Posts: 694
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:45 am

Re: 7AA 2019-2020

Post by Rocketwrister » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:33 pm

kniven wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:56 pm
And. Duluth East hockey team/players are all extremely ill with influenza. They might not play any more regular season games. So there QRF would stay exactly the same.
East may not play any more regular season games? Really? There is still some season left isn't there?

kniven
Posts: 2946
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: 7AA 2019-2020

Post by kniven » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:52 pm

Yes, but there games are piling up. They would be playing 4-5 games a week if they rescheduled instead of just cancelled games. Girls hockey team is sick now too via Duluth East Twitter feed. They have a real issue at that school with widespread influenza breakout.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

Usthockey13
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: 7AA 2019-2020

Post by Usthockey13 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:04 pm

Theyll play, come on Knivsy.. Getting ready for Sat

kniven
Posts: 2946
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: 7AA 2019-2020

Post by kniven » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:09 pm

Usthockey13 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:04 pm
Theyll play, come on Knivsy.. Getting ready for Sat
I sure hope so.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

Potatohead9
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:36 pm
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes

Re: 7AA 2019-2020

Post by Potatohead9 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:58 am

kniven wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:56 pm
And. Duluth East hockey team/players are all extremely ill with influenza. They might not play any more regular season games. So there QRF would stay exactly the same.
Does anyone know or remember if this has happened to another team? I can imagine how this will affect their stamina when they do start to play. Time is starting to run out before sections.

zambonidriver
Posts: 696
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:31 am

Re: Forest Lake at Cloquet

Post by zambonidriver » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:18 am

kniven wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:09 pm
Mnnstar wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:47 am
kniven wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:51 pm
Any opinions on this game coming up on Tuesday in Cloquet?
Hard to say by comparing scores I think it is a toss up.
Comes down to goal tending and who plays for FLAKE if Soave plays I would give the advantage to CEC.
If Bothun plays then FLAKE.
She is the real deal.
#1 reason FLAKE beat East.
That’s awesome. I really hope she plays. 👍
Your thoughts about last night

Post Reply