Study: Average age that Division I players commit is over 18

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

JerseyDave

Study: Average age that Division I players commit is over 18

Post by JerseyDave » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:27 pm

Study: Data Shows Need for Patience
Thursday, March 21, 2019
http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles/20 ... tience.php

612hockeytown

Re: Study: Average age that Division I players commit is over 18

Post by 612hockeytown » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Many of the Magicians and Austin Bruins players have all committed after their 18th bday including this year both of the Bruins goalies. Magicians: Buhl, Keranen and I’m sure I’m missing some, but committed this year after their 20th bday.

Your high end “prospects” are still committing around 16-18 — but I’m seeing them as being your 10-20% of the pie chart. Twitter just hypes those players more due to FTP and YHH locally. Parents need to stop getting caught up in that hype bs.

I always say good for them either way. Get rid of the jealousy aspect and it will be better for all. At least hockey players don’t tweet out every offer they get and every visit they make (I’m looking at you basketball and football players). That’s just weird. Even if it’s the norm 🤦🏼‍♂️

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:05 am

612hockeytown wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:14 pm
Many of the Magicians and Austin Bruins players have all committed after their 18th bday including this year both of the Bruins goalies. Magicians: Buhl, Keranen and I’m sure I’m missing some, but committed this year after their 20th bday.

Your high end “prospects” are still committing around 16-18 — but I’m seeing them as being your 10-20% of the pie chart. Twitter just hypes those players more due to FTP and YHH locally. Parents need to stop getting caught up in that hype bs.

I always say good for them either way. Get rid of the jealousy aspect and it will be better for all. At least hockey players don’t tweet out every offer they get and every visit they make (I’m looking at you basketball and football players). That’s just weird. Even if it’s the norm 🤦🏼‍♂️
=D>

Hockeywatcher123

Post by Hockeywatcher123 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:42 pm

612hockeytown wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:14 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This guy gets it

BSUBeaver

Post by BSUBeaver » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:07 pm

Not sure where to throw this, so I will throw it in this thread. The NCAA has come out with new recruiting rules/guidelines today:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/ ... hanges.php

"The most significant change regards verbal commitments, which now will not be allowed until August 1 of a player's junior year of high school."

"Coaches were always prevented from initiating contact with prospective players until Jan. 1 of their sophomore year of high school. But a player could always initiate the contact on their own, which would then lead to verbal commits. Now, a coach may not talk to any player until Jan. 1 of the sophomore year, even if the player tries to initiate the contact. Unofficial visits are also barred."