2019 All State Announcements

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

That guy for that thing

2019 All State Announcements

Post by That guy for that thing »

I am just curious when these will be coming out. Does anyone have any ideas? I can't find anything searching through Google but the girl's teams.
blueblood

Re: 2019 All State Announcements

Post by blueblood »

Play Like a Champion Today
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Not enough room for all the kids. No Biondi.

Usual see Luedtke listed on things before Docter, here it is Doc on 1st team and Josh on 2nd. No Liam Malmquist, which is peculiar but consistent with every other thing where Nevers & Jungels get recognized and he doesn't. (Newsflash: he's real good! Led Elite League in scoring and then was consistent for Hornets no matter which line he was on. Dirty little secret...he was NOT 3rd high scorer for the F on his team...)

Just not enough room. So many good players in Minnesota it would be fun to take the rejects and go against the guys listed.
Be kind. Rewind.
JerseyDave

Post by JerseyDave »

From the link above, the AP all-state teams are below. As O-Town mentioned, it's very interesting to see Docter as first team and Luedtke as second team, as usually Docter is overshadowed by Luedtke:
=================
"The 2019 Associated Press All-State team for Minnesota boys hockey, as voted on by statewide media. The AP all-state team is in partnership with the Minnesota Hockey Coaches Association and the State of Hockey, the Minnesota Wild-backed booster organization."

PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Bryce Brodzinski, Blaine

FIRST TEAM
Forward — Bryce Brodzinski, SR, Blaine
Forward — Jack Jensen, SR, Eden Prairie
Forward — Jett Jungels, SR, Edina
Defense — Mike Koster, SR, Chaska
Defense — Grant Docter, SR, Minnetonka
Goalie — Charlie Glockner, SR, Minnetonka

SECOND TEAM
Forward — Mason Nevers, SR, Edina
Forward — Donte Lawson, SR, Greenway
Forward — Ryder Donovan, SR, Duluth East
Defense — Josh Luedtke, SR, Minnetonka
Defense — Mike Vorlicky, SR, Edina
Goalie — Ben Fritsinger, SR, Andover

THIRD TEAM
Forward — Aaron Huglen, SR, Roseau
Forward — Jack Smith, JR, St. Cloud Cathedral
Forward — Mason Plante, SR, Marshall
Defense — Tommy Bergsland, SR, Wayzata
Defense — Wyatt Kaiser, JR, Andover
Goalie — Brennan Boynton, SR, Champlin Park
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

JerseyDave wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:43 pm From the link above, the AP all-state teams are below. As O-Town mentioned, it's very interesting to see Docter as first team and Luedtke as second team, as usually Docter is overshadowed by Luedtke:
=================
"The 2019 Associated Press All-State team for Minnesota boys hockey, as voted on by statewide media. The AP all-state team is in partnership with the Minnesota Hockey Coaches Association and the State of Hockey, the Minnesota Wild-backed booster organization."

PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Bryce Brodzinski, Blaine

FIRST TEAM
Forward — Bryce Brodzinski, SR, Blaine
Forward — Jack Jensen, SR, Eden Prairie
Forward — Jett Jungels, SR, Edina
Defense — Mike Koster, SR, Chaska
Defense — Grant Docter, SR, Minnetonka
Goalie — Charlie Glockner, SR, Minnetonka

SECOND TEAM
Forward — Mason Nevers, SR, Edina
Forward — Donte Lawson, SR, Greenway
Forward — Ryder Donovan, SR, Duluth East
Defense — Josh Luedtke, SR, Minnetonka
Defense — Mike Vorlicky, SR, Edina
Goalie — Ben Fritsinger, SR, Andover

THIRD TEAM
Forward — Aaron Huglen, SR, Roseau
Forward — Jack Smith, JR, St. Cloud Cathedral
Forward — Mason Plante, SR, Marshall
Defense — Tommy Bergsland, SR, Wayzata
Defense — Wyatt Kaiser, JR, Andover
Goalie — Brennan Boynton, SR, Champlin Park
Clearly whoever votes on this simply does not follow HS hockey all that CLOSELY and have a bit of a sheep mentality. I’ve hamnered on Hermantown playing Single A as hard as almost anybody...but I’m also objective enough and have enough hockey knowledge...to realize Blake Biondi was a top 5 forward in the State (last year) and he’s arguably the BEST D1 college & NHL prospect...of ALL of them☝️Additionally, Carson Richels clearly deserved to make the top 3 listed teams too, wasn’t he the leading AA school goal scorer?
That guy for that thing

Post by That guy for that thing »

O-townClown wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:40 pm Not enough room for all the kids. No Biondi.

Usual see Luedtke listed on things before Docter, here it is Doc on 1st team and Josh on 2nd. No Liam Malmquist, which is peculiar but consistent with every other thing where Nevers & Jungels get recognized and he doesn't. (Newsflash: he's real good! Led Elite League in scoring and then was consistent for Hornets no matter which line he was on. Dirty little secret...he was NOT 3rd high scorer for the F on his team...)

Just not enough room. So many good players in Minnesota it would be fun to take the rejects and go against the guys listed.
I agree. Not enough spots for a year like this, and I don't think it will ever get easier. You are correct that Malmquist leade Elite League in Points, Biondi led in Goals followed by Flammang, but I don't think the Elite League has a good representation of things. Only 1 kid of the top 10 Goal Scorers made the AP Teams, Nevers, and only 3 of the top 10 point getters (no top 5). Looking at the top 10 points and goal leaders from the regular season those stats are worse. Only 2 top 10 points, MP/BB, and 1 top 10 goals, Plante.

With that in mind, we can't look at the points anyways. I am not sure what the qualifications are, but of the 18 players, only 5 are from non-metro. Not saying there should be more or less, but I am just pointing it out. Lawson (GW), Donovan (DE), Huglen (Ros), Smith (SCC), and Plante(Mshl). I am not sure that those are the 5 best outstate players IMO, and once again I am not saying that they don't deserve it. Biondi should have been in. Not sure who he would have replaced, but he was definitely one of the best players in the state. I feel Plante got it because he leade the state in points and goals, and if anybody was bounced because of Biondi I feel like it would have been Plante. He was at the bottom of the forward's list, but he did have an amazing season.

I really don't want to say that we need more teams or expanded number per team, because that waters down the honor of being placed on one of these teams, and we see how the discussions about expanding the tourney go every few weeks when a new post pops up, but there are numerous other players who should be given recognition. I am excited for the various All-Area teams. I am excited to see the girl's teams come out lately, I saw Duluth's popped out today.