June 2019 Draft

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
WestMetro
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

June 2019 Draft

Post by WestMetro » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:51 am

If this mock draft is close , Pitlick has moved up to the # 80 range.


https://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2019/

Here is my post from late February

WestMetro
Re: Play-off Games Saturday 2/23/19
Quote
Post Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:58 pm

Let’s summarize Pitlick discussion on a positive note , specially since Mom was right behind me at Braemar yesterday

He has grown a lot more in height and bulk this year , and speed and scoring ability really improved in each of the last two years. As GB notes , explosive is the term many use fir his first few strides , and hard to find many forces quite like him in elite league or high school ranks right now . I have heard from two scouts recently that his NHL draft number in June will be much improved from mid 100s in the January central scouting report, possibly as high as lower second round or mid third round. One said he’d be surprised if he was still on the board at No. 60. To be fair and balanced , another says not that high . No matter how things go, well done Rhett ! Our jaws have dropped many times seeing you move thru neutral zone , and split the D to the net

612hockeytown
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Re: June 2019 Draft

Post by 612hockeytown » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:52 pm

Minnesotans “PROJECTED” in the draft. If I missed someone, my apologies.

28. Bobby Brink - F
44. Jackson LaCombe - F
80. Rhett’s Pitlick - F
106. Ryder Donovan - F
110. Trevor Janicke - F
152. Aaron Huglen - F
162. Clay Hanus - D
167. Ethan Haider - G
169. Grant Sillianoff - F
192. Ethan Frisch - D
204. Mike Koster - D
205. Drew Helleson - D
211. Will Francis - D

7 forwards
5 defenseman
1 Goalie
——
Interesting:

Only 3 played high school hockey through senior season.
3 played tier 1 / juniors
6 left high school early
1 plays major junior (WHL)

Please correct me if I made any mistakes. Thanks for sharing the site.

MWS coach
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 am

Re: June 2019 Draft

Post by MWS coach » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:24 am

Interesting that Mr Hockey BB is not on this list? Maybe he was draft eligible last year?

bardown27
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:20 am

Re: June 2019 Draft

Post by bardown27 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:31 am

MWS coach wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:24 am
Interesting that Mr Hockey BB is not on this list? Maybe he was draft eligible last year?
I believe he was draft eligible last year. August 2000 birthday, so he would have been the required 17 1/2 in June last year.

WestMetro
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: June 2019 Draft

Post by WestMetro » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:12 am


ThatMNHockeyGuy62
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:44 am

Re: June 2019 Draft

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:47 am

This is just some random guy who is a Chicago Blackhawks fan. Not an NHL scout. Some major discrepancies between his rankings and NHL central scouting:

No Brodzinski on this list while he is on Central Scouting
Hanus is mid-round here while he’s not listed at all on central scouting
Helleson and Koster both WAY lower than central scouting

I believe Pitlick’s draft stock has risen significantly, but I wouldn’t read too much into this particular mock draft.

WestMetro
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: June 2019 Draft

Post by WestMetro » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:40 pm

62. Just another perspective ,yes . All those directional trends for other Minnesotans , as well as lower for Ryder, are pretty consistent with what I’ve been hearing since January . I think next CS report is early May


Pitlick was 92 in this one

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.defend ... zin-zegras

612hockeytown
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Re: June 2019 Draft

Post by 612hockeytown » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:20 pm

Besides missing Brodzinki -

Other potential misses:

Jack Jensen
Jackson Jutting



Both seem to be pacing well with the Magicians in addition to their stellar high school year.

O-townClown
Posts: 3602
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Re: June 2019 Draft

Post by O-townClown » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:13 am

Ben Brinkman
Be kind. Rewind.

Stang5280
Posts: 828
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Re: June 2019 Draft

Post by Stang5280 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:28 pm

O-townClown wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:13 am
Ben Brinkman
I’m sure his stock dropped quite a bit with the poor season he had, but omitting Brinkman entirely from the list seems crazy, particularly given his mid-term ranking from central scouting.

Also, I am biased since I know his family, but Helleson is way too low on this list. He was 33rd on the mid-term list and is probably the best all-around defenseman on a very good NTDP blue line.

Section 8 guy
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: June 2019 Draft

Post by Section 8 guy » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:43 pm

Looks like he had Brinkman as high as 25th overall last summer and Helleson as an early second rounder as late as November. Wonder why he has their stock dropping that much in both cases.

WestMetro
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: June 2019 Draft

Post by WestMetro » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:41 am

Koster and Helleson were in the 70+- range in this one from end of February

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.defend ... zin-zegras

WestMetro
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: June 2019 Draft

Post by WestMetro » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:39 pm

Bobby Brink is up to 17 in this one

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/ca ... n#slide-36

WestMetro
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: June 2019 Draft

Post by WestMetro » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:30 am

Latest on Brink

https://mobile.twitter.com/Musketeerhoc ... 6536020994

He could move up closer to the Wild #12 draft slot?

Slap Shot
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:44 pm

Re: June 2019 Draft

Post by Slap Shot » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:03 pm

Please keep him away from the Wild until they demonstrate it's not a franchise high draft picks go to to either die or be traded away for nothing.

WestMetro
Posts: 2306
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: June 2019 Draft

Post by WestMetro » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:27 pm

Well stated SS!

northwoods oldtimer
Posts: 2406
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Re: June 2019 Draft

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:03 am

Slap Shot wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:03 pm
Please keep him away from the Wild until they demonstrate it's not a franchise high draft picks go to to either die or be traded away for nothing.
Exactly right. Crayon eaters making all the decisions for that organization.

BodyShots
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:44 am

Re: June 2019 Draft

Post by BodyShots » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:09 am

Stang5280 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:28 pm
O-townClown wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:13 am
Ben Brinkman
I’m sure his stock dropped quite a bit with the poor season he had, but omitting Brinkman entirely from the list seems crazy, particularly given his mid-term ranking from central scouting.

Also, I am biased since I know his family, but Helleson is way too low on this list. He was 33rd on the mid-term list and is probably the best all-around defenseman on a very good NTDP blue line.
Poor season! What are you talking about? He ended up being a top 4 defensemen on a D1 school when he could have been playing high school hockey.
In my opinion, he was the most improved player throughout the year for the gophers.

Stang5280
Posts: 828
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Re: June 2019 Draft

Post by Stang5280 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:29 pm

BodyShots wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:09 am
Stang5280 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:28 pm
O-townClown wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:13 am
Ben Brinkman
I’m sure his stock dropped quite a bit with the poor season he had, but omitting Brinkman entirely from the list seems crazy, particularly given his mid-term ranking from central scouting.

Also, I am biased since I know his family, but Helleson is way too low on this list. He was 33rd on the mid-term list and is probably the best all-around defenseman on a very good NTDP blue line.
Poor season! What are you talking about? He ended up being a top 4 defensemen on a D1 school when he could have been playing high school hockey.
In my opinion, he was the most improved player throughout the year for the gophers.
Admittedly I am not able to watch many Gopher games here in Colorado, except for the ones on BTN, but I didn’t see anything special out of Brinkman in what I watched. Minnesota’s D corps was not great this year, so him being in the top four seems to say more about that group than it does about Brinkman. And for a defenseman who excelled at moving the puck in HS, 7 points (3 of which came in one November game) is pretty disappointing from a production standpoint.

FWIW, Brinkman dropped from #79 at midterm to #115 in the final rankings, so I don’t think I’m alone in the opinion that he struggled in adjusting to the college game. He still has lots of potential, and I hope he does take a step forward over the next few seasons.

JerseyDave
Posts: 469
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:22 pm

Re: June 2019 Draft

Post by JerseyDave » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:24 pm

WestMetro wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:30 am
Latest on Brink

https://mobile.twitter.com/Musketeerhoc ... 6536020994
Here are two one-on-one interviews with Bobby Brink by a local Sioux City TV reporter:
NOVEMBER 2018: https://siouxlandnews.com/sports/meet-t ... obby-brink
APRIL 2019: https://siouxlandnews.com/sports/meet-t ... 04-11-2019

In-depth scouting report:
https://youtu.be/UaH-DT0JONw

Post Reply