Transfers for 2019-20 season

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
CakeScout17
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:41 pm

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by CakeScout17 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:43 am

WestMetro wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:22 am
Will do Cake . Do you have the dates and times and pairings yet? Can you publish?
I have list of participating teams (mostly same as 2018 teams) so a very competitive showcase.

When you say 'a transfer between classes'...do you mean between A and AA or some other reference? Im overthinking this.
If one more Edina player leaves for either BSM or Blake Im going to vomit. Chasing titles rarely works. More samples against than for
at virtually every level of sport among all sports. I suppose transferring is the new 'leaving early'...?

6AAGuy
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:06 am

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by 6AAGuy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:48 am

The "between classes" implication does seem he means "between A and AA."
And he mentions "direction is unusual" so that would imply a "AA to A" move (because that WOULD be unusual).
And he refers to "originating team is a Poster today (meaning a Monday poster). Only team i can guess is associated with a poster is CakeScout (Edina?).
So, piecing together: Transfer from Edina to a Single A school.....
Come on, Westy...give us something.

bardown27
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by bardown27 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:19 am

6AAGuy wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:48 am
The "between classes" implication does seem he means "between A and AA."
And he mentions "direction is unusual" so that would imply a "AA to A" move (because that WOULD be unusual).
And he refers to "originating team is a Poster today (meaning a Monday poster). Only team i can guess is associated with a poster is CakeScout (Edina?).
So, piecing together: Transfer from Edina to a Single A school.....
Come on, Westy...give us something.
Or, OR could he be referring to Karl who also posted, X implications, unusual direction being AA --> A. Duluth East to Hermantown? :shock:

Also, blueblood has his location set as Tonka. Tonka --> Orono?

6AAGuy
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:06 am

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by 6AAGuy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:51 am

Solid sleuthing there....
WestMetro--you need to chime in here...we're all trading in rumor and innuendo on this forum, so why hold back on us?

thefatcat
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by thefatcat » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:20 am

karl(east) wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:32 pm
While I've probably been guilty of this once or twice on this forum, I will agree that "I know some secret big news but am going to leave you all in suspense and not share any details on it" statements are rather annoying.
What he said. Spill the beans man!

CakeScout17
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:41 pm

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by CakeScout17 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:27 pm

6AAGuy wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:48 am
The "between classes" implication does seem he means "between A and AA."
And he mentions "direction is unusual" so that would imply a "AA to A" move (because that WOULD be unusual).
And he refers to "originating team is a Poster today (meaning a Monday poster). Only team i can guess is associated with a poster is CakeScout (Edina?).
So, piecing together: Transfer from Edina to a Single A school.....
Come on, Westy...give us something.
Thats where I was headed in the guessing game, but couldn't piece together what/where an A school kid leaving Edina would land? Breck? Head scratcher.

I think, maybe, the real clue is Westy's origin in Duluth. A DE transfer to Htown sounds about right. Hmmm...

blueblood
Posts: 2483
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:36 am

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by blueblood » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:49 pm

I can confirm the school I follow is not involved in WM's posting. That leaves us with:

karl(east)
slaphot
MNHockeyguy62
6AAguy
CakeScout

Hmmmmm :-k :-k :-k
Play Like a Champion Today

ThatMNHockeyGuy62
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:44 am

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:23 pm

blueblood wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:49 pm
I can confirm the school I follow is not involved in WM's posting. That leaves us with:

karl(east)
slaphot
MNHockeyguy62
6AAguy
CakeScout

Hmmmmm :-k :-k :-k
A real who-done-it! I think it was Karl, with a candlestick, in Hermantown. Mostly because if it’s between an Edina player going to a Single A team vs a Duluth player, I’d guess Duluth just based on quality A teams nearby.

karl(east)
Posts: 6246
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by karl(east) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:52 pm

The tension really is killing me. When will we ever learn the truth???

Section 8 guy
Posts: 535
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by Section 8 guy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:17 am

I’m guessing Duluth East. They’ll be down a fair amount this year and will have a difficult path to the X. A move to Hermantown for what’s probably a sure thing makes sense.

Schotzy
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:36 am

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by Schotzy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:51 am

Just to add to the Duluth element. There is also potential for Duluth Marshall (AA) moves down to A. The program could be entering a very precarious stage in their history. Hermantown is not the only landing spot either. Duluth Denfeld (A) could be a landing spot with a lot of potential coming in to the program from the youth level.

I just wanted to complicate the issue. :lol:

blueblood
Posts: 2483
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:36 am

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by blueblood » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:07 pm

DM is not moving down
Play Like a Champion Today

kniven
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by kniven » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:02 pm

karl(east) wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:52 pm
The tension really is killing me. When will we ever learn the truth???
I’ve been eating sand since WM broke this huge story. Blood shot eyes, staring at my screen, hitting the refresh button, and listening to ABBA’s greatest hits on a classic 1985 boom box. I just put on a pair of depends so I can just sit here and poop and not worry about missing WM next post on this breaking news.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

GoBigorGoHome
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:28 am

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by GoBigorGoHome » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:16 pm

kniven wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:02 pm
karl(east) wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:52 pm
The tension really is killing me. When will we ever learn the truth???
I’ve been eating sand since WM broke this huge story. Blood shot eyes, staring at my screen, hitting the refresh button, and listening to ABBA’s greatest hits on a classic 1985 boom box. I just put on a pair of depends so I can just sit here and poop and not worry about missing WM next post on this breaking news.
And how is that any different for you, Kniven?

yesiplayedhockey
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:33 am

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by yesiplayedhockey » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:40 pm

While we wait

Any big news regarding future juniors not coming back for High School hockey this fall...Or future Seniors we know for sure are gone ?

I wonder if there's one soon be junior out there who saw the success BB from Minnetonka had in the USHL last year and thinks that may be the best route for them as well

greenwayraider
Posts: 740
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:54 am
Location: Bovey

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by greenwayraider » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:02 pm

He might be referring to the five Rapids players transferring to Greenway.

kniven
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by kniven » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:26 pm

greenwayraider wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:02 pm
He might be referring to the five Rapids players transferring to Greenway.
👀
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

Pertyboy
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 8:27 pm

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by Pertyboy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:35 pm

1
Last edited by Pertyboy on Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kniven
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by kniven » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:40 pm

GoBigorGoHome wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:16 pm
kniven wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:02 pm
karl(east) wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:52 pm
The tension really is killing me. When will we ever learn the truth???
I’ve been eating sand since WM broke this huge story. Blood shot eyes, staring at my screen, hitting the refresh button, and listening to ABBA’s greatest hits on a classic 1985 boom box. I just put on a pair of depends so I can just sit here and poop and not worry about missing WM next post on this breaking news.
And how is that any different for you, Kniven?
The depends were a first......
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

ThatMNHockeyGuy62
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:44 am

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:53 pm

yesiplayedhockey wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:40 pm

I wonder if there's one soon be junior out there who saw the success BB from Minnetonka had in the USHL last year and thinks that may be the best route for them as well
There is only one 10th grader from last year’s Minnetonka team you could be referring to here, and he’s not ready. Good player, but definitely not ready.

yesiplayedhockey
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:33 am

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by yesiplayedhockey » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:56 pm

I wasn't specifically referring to 10th graders at Tonka

More asking are there any soon to be 11th graders in the STATE who saw what BB did last year and may do the same thing this coming year

WestMetro
Posts: 2930
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by WestMetro » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:03 pm

Im looking for a solid secondary confirmation on the transfer information. The first source is always right 99.9%, but the name is so explosive that have to be 100+%, and even then may be best to wait for family announcement.

BTW- Arent CEC and Rapids in Karl and Kniven home territory?

See other thread for possible early departures , very early, no real solid info except Pitlick gone and Biondi very likely staying?

ThatMNHockeyGuy62
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:44 am

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:20 pm

Gotcha, my misunderstanding!

WestMetro
Posts: 2930
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by WestMetro » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:23 pm

The transfer I’ve been mentioning above has been confirmed. Not sure how widely known .
Type of thing you want the family or team to announce, or someone who follows the home team for the Forum will know the right time better than me . Imho , it’s big . Urge the 6 posters who were following my story originally to check with all their home teams contacts . If they don’t know , it’s not time to announce .

I will say this to Karl, Kniven, and all Rapids faithful - the kid played in the Metro last year.
But , statewide implications at the X next year in more ways than one. Setting up a great battle

Lee and Karl, I’m doing my best to generate lots posts during the summer Forum doldrums !

kniven
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: Transfers for 2019-20 season

Post by kniven » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:54 pm

Well. If the transfer isn’t coming to the 218, I really don’t care. Transfers, big and small, are routine in the metro.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

Post Reply