2019 Elite League Rosters

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
USA218
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:03 pm

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by USA218 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:44 am

kniven wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:50 am
Duluth_Topper wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:55 pm
My opinion would be Ziemski from East, Shea from Denfeld, Antcliff and Pionk from Hermantown, & Johnson and Oman from Duluth Marshall.
I’ll take these northern 218 hockey boys over the EGF North Dakota area boys.

Parker - Rostered on HSEL team last year, missed due to knee surgery. One of top '02 forwards in state (and hes a young '02). Made U-17 National Camp. Drafted Phase 1 USHL

Poolman - Very good forward who made through tryout process. Only getting better (following footsteps of brother's Tucker and Colton). Smart player

Nelson - Played HSEL last year. Excellent D-man who is very smart and tough

Ausmus - Top 2 or 3 '04 D-man in the state. All-tourny team at state. UND commit

Cooley - Goalie....dont know a ton about him. Just that he played JV last year due to MN State HS league rules. Have heard great things about him.

Tough to argue any of these kids aren't worthy of a roster spot! I would take them over kids mentioned here. Not saying they aren't good, but can see why EGF has strong showing in HSEL and think all are deserving of their spot!

kniven
Posts: 2527
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by kniven » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:36 am

I have no doubt they are all gifted pucksters. I’ve always known/seen the team north roster, team north. I just surprised me that’s all. I’ll get over it though. 🤓

elliott70
Posts: 13115
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by elliott70 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:48 am

East Grand Forks is about 100 miles farther NORTH than Duluth area teams.

kniven
Posts: 2527
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by kniven » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:00 pm

elliott70 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:48 am
East Grand Forks is about 100 miles farther NORTH than Duluth area teams.
Elliot I don’t care if it’s in flippin Alaska. I’ve never seen 5-6 players from 1 team outside of the Duluth Grand Rapids 218ish part of our state on this team. Geez 😐

northwoods oldtimer
Posts: 2432
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:08 pm

kniven wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:00 pm
elliott70 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:48 am
East Grand Forks is about 100 miles farther NORTH than Duluth area teams.
Elliot I don’t care if it’s in flippin Alaska. I’ve never seen 5-6 players from 1 team outside of the Duluth Grand Rapids 218ish part of our state on this team. Geez 😐
Knivsy you need to get out more and enjoy some superb section 8 hockey. Might learn a thing or 2 along the way.

ClassAGuy
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by ClassAGuy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:23 pm

kniven wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:36 am
I have no doubt they are all gifted pucksters. I’ve always known/seen the team north roster, team north. I just surprised me that’s all. I’ll get over it though. 🤓
I think this was brought up earlier. Scott Oliver (EGF) Asst. Coach is the Head Coach for Team Great Plains in Elite League. Because he coaches East Grand Forks in the winter due to MSHSL Rules he is unable to coach them in the Fall.

Grant Clafton (Greenway) Head Coach is the Head Coach for Team Northin Elite League so he is Greenway Players in the Fall due to the MSHSL Rules.

The agreement has been made that Greenway kids play on Team GP (2 this year)... EGF kids play on Team North (5!!!!! this year)... Do get around the MSHSL Rules to allow the two coaches above to continue to coach.

I am sure it helped the EGF kids that their Coach is in the room that picks the team. 5 is the most of any Class A Team. Oliver being there helped. I wish more Northern kids would have been taken but Team North has (5 EGF) which is what it is...

However, Why is the St. Cloud Area kid on Team North. All the other St. Cloud kids are on Team GP's. Also, Why is Motzko who is Minnetonka on GP? Those two moves are puzzling and could of led to other Northern Kids being selected.

kniven
Posts: 2527
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by kniven » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:25 pm

I would love too! I might be spending some time working in the Morehead/Fargo area this winter. I would catch lots it for sure....

USA218
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:03 pm

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by USA218 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:27 pm

kniven wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:36 am
I have no doubt they are all gifted pucksters. I’ve always known/seen the team north roster, team north. I just surprised me that’s all. I’ll get over it though. 🤓

I remember the 2013-14 North Team Roster clearly! Five from EGF:
Dixon Bowen
Tanner Tweeten
Tye Ausmus
Eddie Eades
Colton Poolman

ClassAGuy
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by ClassAGuy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:30 pm

USA218 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:27 pm
kniven wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:36 am
I have no doubt they are all gifted pucksters. I’ve always known/seen the team north roster, team north. I just surprised me that’s all. I’ll get over it though. 🤓

I remember the 2013-14 North Team Roster clearly! Five from EGF:
Dixon Bowen
Tanner Tweeten
Tye Ausmus
Eddie Eades
Colton Poolman
The core of Dominate and Great 1st Time State Championship EGF Team. Does that mean EGF wins the Title again this winter? Great Storylines

kniven
Posts: 2527
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by kniven » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:34 pm

ClassAGuy wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:23 pm
kniven wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:36 am
I have no doubt they are all gifted pucksters. I’ve always known/seen the team north roster, team north. I just surprised me that’s all. I’ll get over it though. 🤓
I think this was brought up earlier. Scott Oliver (EGF) Asst. Coach is the Head Coach for Team Great Plains in Elite League. Because he coaches East Grand Forks in the winter due to MSHSL Rules he is unable to coach them in the Fall.

Grant Clafton (Greenway) Head Coach is the Head Coach for Team Northin Elite League so he is Greenway Players in the Fall due to the MSHSL Rules.

The agreement has been made that Greenway kids play on Team GP (2 this year)... EGF kids play on Team North (5!!!!! this year)... Do get around the MSHSL Rules to allow the two coaches above to continue to coach.

I am sure it helped the EGF kids that their Coach is in the room that picks the team. 5 is the most of any Class A Team. Oliver being there helped. I wish more Northern kids would have been taken but Team North has (5 EGF) which is what it is...

However, Why is the St. Cloud Area kid on Team North. All the other St. Cloud kids are on Team GP's. Also, Why is Motzko who is Minnetonka on GP? Those two moves are puzzling and could of led to other Northern Kids being selected.
Agreed. I saw Esse coach Team North twice. Both times there were CEC boys on the roster. So I don’t buy it. Northern boys were robbed 😐. Oh well. I’ll still be cheering big-time for team north. I just hope Team north doesn’t become team “from wherever-who cares” team in the future. Make more teams if we have so many elite players in the state and not enough teams. Heck. Maybe each school can just have a club team skate in the fall. A season before the season.

ClassAGuy
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by ClassAGuy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:48 pm

kniven wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:34 pm
ClassAGuy wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:23 pm
kniven wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:36 am
I have no doubt they are all gifted pucksters. I’ve always known/seen the team north roster, team north. I just surprised me that’s all. I’ll get over it though. 🤓
I think this was brought up earlier. Scott Oliver (EGF) Asst. Coach is the Head Coach for Team Great Plains in Elite League. Because he coaches East Grand Forks in the winter due to MSHSL Rules he is unable to coach them in the Fall.

Grant Clafton (Greenway) Head Coach is the Head Coach for Team Northin Elite League so he is Greenway Players in the Fall due to the MSHSL Rules.

The agreement has been made that Greenway kids play on Team GP (2 this year)... EGF kids play on Team North (5!!!!! this year)... Do get around the MSHSL Rules to allow the two coaches above to continue to coach.

I am sure it helped the EGF kids that their Coach is in the room that picks the team. 5 is the most of any Class A Team. Oliver being there helped. I wish more Northern kids would have been taken but Team North has (5 EGF) which is what it is...

However, Why is the St. Cloud Area kid on Team North. All the other St. Cloud kids are on Team GP's. Also, Why is Motzko who is Minnetonka on GP? Those two moves are puzzling and could of led to other Northern Kids being selected.



Agreed. I saw Esse coach Team North twice. Both times there were CEC boys on the roster. So I don’t buy it. Northern boys were robbed 😐. Oh well. I’ll still be cheering big-time for team north. I just hope Team north doesn’t become team “from wherever-who cares” team in the future. Make more teams if we have so many elite players in the state and not enough teams. Heck. Maybe each school can just have a club team skate in the fall. A season before the season.
That was before they made these rules at the MSHSL.

That is why Greenway kids on Team GP and EGF Kids on Team North

edgeless2
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:08 pm

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by edgeless2 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:40 pm

Yet out of state automatic bid transfers can be coached by affiliated HS coaches? The automatic bid is outrageous enough as these tryout kids have been working their entire youth careers for this type of spotlight league. It probably doesn’t matter to most but I believe it does show rules can be massaged and the excluded or cut kids are the ones that pay the price.

Stang5280
Posts: 876
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by Stang5280 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:56 pm

ClassAGuy wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:23 pm
Also, Why is Motzko who is Minnetonka on GP? Those two moves are puzzling and could of led to other Northern Kids being selected.
It’s not exactly a well-kept secret that Motzko will be returning to Cathedral for his senior year. (See the transfers thread for an extended discussion.) I’m sure the Elite League organization is aware of this impending change but don’t list it since the enrollment at SCC is not yet official.

ClassAGuy
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by ClassAGuy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:38 pm

Stang5280 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:56 pm
ClassAGuy wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:23 pm
Also, Why is Motzko who is Minnetonka on GP? Those two moves are puzzling and could of led to other Northern Kids being selected.
It’s not exactly a well-kept secret that Motzko will be returning to Cathedral for his senior year. (See the transfers thread for an extended discussion.) I’m sure the Elite League organization is aware of this impending change but don’t list it since the enrollment at SCC is not yet official.
Wow is that for real?!?! Heard only speculation? I was not aware of official move back home for him. Should help Crusaders if true! Class A Plot getting even better

My Early Top 5 In Class A
1. East Grand Forks
2. Hermantown
3. Cathedral
4. Mahtomedi
5. Warroad

After that you have great balance in each Section no one should run away with a Section Title:
1A- Dodge County, Mankato East Look good
2A- Delano, Orono and Armstong
3A- Anybody can win it
4A- Mahtomedi, Tartan, St Paul Johnson
5A- North Branch and Monticello
6A- Cathedral, Alexandria, Little Falls & Sartell
7A- Hermantown, Greenway and Denfeld
8A- EGF, Warroad and TRF

TTpuckster
Posts: 2410
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:26 am
Location: State of Hockey

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by TTpuckster » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:27 pm

ClassAGuy wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:38 pm
Stang5280 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:56 pm
ClassAGuy wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:23 pm
Also, Why is Motzko who is Minnetonka on GP? Those two moves are puzzling and could of led to other Northern Kids being selected.
It’s not exactly a well-kept secret that Motzko will be returning to Cathedral for his senior year. (See the transfers thread for an extended discussion.) I’m sure the Elite League organization is aware of this impending change but don’t list it since the enrollment at SCC is not yet official.
Wow is that for real?!?! Heard only speculation? I was not aware of official move back home for him. Should help Crusaders if true! Class A Plot getting even better

My Early Top 5 In Class A
1. East Grand Forks
2. Hermantown
3. Cathedral
4. Mahtomedi
5. Warroad

After that you have great balance in each Section no one should run away with a Section Title:
1A- Dodge County, Mankato East Look good
2A- Delano, Orono and Armstong
3A- Anybody can win it
4A- Mahtomedi, Tartan, St Paul Johnson
5A- North Branch and Monticello
6A- Cathedral, Alexandria, Little Falls & Sartell
7A- Hermantown, Greenway and Denfeld
8A- EGF, Warroad and TRF
Which will make me ask again; does anybody know why there are no Warroad players in the EL?
Did none of the try out for it?
What is a Green Wave anyway?

edgeless2
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:08 pm

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by edgeless2 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:05 pm

Too many automatic bids? No affiliated coaches or boosters?

muckandgrinder65
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:06 pm

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by muckandgrinder65 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:22 pm

did anyone on this bored save a copy of the tryout list that was posted on EL website for the tryouts that were held in New Hope?
were there any kids from Warroad on the list? :?:

USA218
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:03 pm

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by USA218 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:23 pm

Heard Slukynski playing for the Force (at least pre-season) which is why not HSEL. Not sure about any other Warroad players?????

USA218
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:03 pm

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by USA218 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:39 am

Process outlined in this article for those who didnt see it earlier:
http://www.hselitehockey.com/news/tryou ... -right-now

InThePipes
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by InThePipes » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:25 pm

muckandgrinder65 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:22 pm
did anyone on this bored save a copy of the tryout list that was posted on EL website for the tryouts that were held in New Hope?
were there any kids from Warroad on the list? :?:
There were 2-3 on the tryout list from Warroad

TTpuckster
Posts: 2410
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:26 am
Location: State of Hockey

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by TTpuckster » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:29 pm

InThePipes wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:25 pm
muckandgrinder65 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:22 pm
did anyone on this bored save a copy of the tryout list that was posted on EL website for the tryouts that were held in New Hope?
were there any kids from Warroad on the list? :?:
There were 2-3 on the tryout list from Warroad
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
What is a Green Wave anyway?

PuckNA
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:20 am

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by PuckNA » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:46 pm

Apparently the team the Warroad (Red North Team) boys were on scored one goal in 3 games and had double digits scored against. I don't think goals and wins should be a big factor always, but at least that's the word on some of the North boys not getting love other than the invites.

Jeffy95
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:45 am

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by Jeffy95 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:08 am

USA218 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:44 am
kniven wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:50 am
Duluth_Topper wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:55 pm
My opinion would be Ziemski from East, Shea from Denfeld, Antcliff and Pionk from Hermantown, & Johnson and Oman from Duluth Marshall.
I’ll take these northern 218 hockey boys over the EGF North Dakota area boys.

Parker - Rostered on HSEL team last year, missed due to knee surgery. One of top '02 forwards in state (and hes a young '02). Made U-17 National Camp. Drafted Phase 1 USHL

Poolman - Very good forward who made through tryout process. Only getting better (following footsteps of brother's Tucker and Colton). Smart player

Nelson - Played HSEL last year. Excellent D-man who is very smart and tough

Ausmus - Top 2 or 3 '04 D-man in the state. All-tourny team at state. UND commit

Cooley - Goalie....dont know a ton about him. Just that he played JV last year due to MN State HS league rules. Have heard great things about him.

Tough to argue any of these kids aren't worthy of a roster spot! I would take them over kids mentioned here. Not saying they aren't good, but can see why EGF has strong showing in HSEL and think all are deserving of their spot!
I’m a Duluth guy and I agree with you. Did Ziemski play any Varsity last year? Shea had a good year with a Class A schedule. He’s a good player. Antcliff is listed at 5’ 7” and I think that is with skates on. Pionk? You can definitely make a case for him. He has skills and will outwork anybody. Oman is a good player so maybe a case. Johnson is not at that level yet. All great kids from the 218 and will have good years!

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 6859
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:33 pm
Location: Proctor, MN
Contact:

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by east hockey » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:30 am

Jeffy95 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:08 am
USA218 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:44 am
kniven wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:50 am

I’ll take these northern 218 hockey boys over the EGF North Dakota area boys.

Parker - Rostered on HSEL team last year, missed due to knee surgery. One of top '02 forwards in state (and hes a young '02). Made U-17 National Camp. Drafted Phase 1 USHL

Poolman - Very good forward who made through tryout process. Only getting better (following footsteps of brother's Tucker and Colton). Smart player

Nelson - Played HSEL last year. Excellent D-man who is very smart and tough

Ausmus - Top 2 or 3 '04 D-man in the state. All-tourny team at state. UND commit

Cooley - Goalie....dont know a ton about him. Just that he played JV last year due to MN State HS league rules. Have heard great things about him.

Tough to argue any of these kids aren't worthy of a roster spot! I would take them over kids mentioned here. Not saying they aren't good, but can see why EGF has strong showing in HSEL and think all are deserving of their spot!
I’m a Duluth guy and I agree with you. Did Ziemski play any Varsity last year? Shea had a good year with a Class A schedule. He’s a good player. Antcliff is listed at 5’ 7” and I think that is with skates on. Pionk? You can definitely make a case for him. He has skills and will outwork anybody. Oman is a good player so maybe a case. Johnson is not at that level yet. All great kids from the 218 and will have good years!
Ziemski saw some action last year and actually tallied a hat trick in the Stillwater game.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

Duluth_Topper
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:09 pm
Location: Duluth, MN

Re: 2019 Elite League Rosters

Post by Duluth_Topper » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:46 am

Anyone know why Christian Galatz from Cloquet is no longer on the North roster and now Zach Kilen from Hermantown is now on?

Post Reply