Lakeview Classic

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

greenwayraider

Lakeview Classic

Post by greenwayraider »

Greenway will be playing BSM Saturday morning. This one will get ugly really fast. Ben Troumbly will not be playing (recovering from minor injury) neither will Miller and 5-6 other skaters will probably be playing in the district legion baseball tournament. Think I’ll skip the game.

Duluth Marshall vs. Bemidji
St.Cloud vs Mahtomedi
Brainerd vs. Hermantown
Greenway vs. BSM
kniven

Re: Lakeview Classic

Post by kniven »

greenwayraider wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:31 am Greenway will be playing BSM Saturday morning. This one will get ugly really fast. Ben Troumbly will not be playing (recovering from minor injury) neither will Miller and 5-6 other skaters will probably be playing in the district legion baseball tournament. Think I’ll skip the game.

Duluth Marshall vs. Bemidji
St.Cloud vs Mahtomedi
Brainerd vs. Hermantown
Greenway vs. BSM
There are a few on this board who say July hockey is a waste of time, and those kids, parents, fans, and coaches need to get a life. Greenway shouldn’t be too concerned.......
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

St Cloud vs BSM in finals tomorrow.
blueblood

Post by blueblood »

Score?
Who were top players for both teams?
Play Like a Champion Today
612hockeytown

Post by 612hockeytown »

Schweitzer and Miller (GWY) both in Sioux Falls for 40 man camp.

Also: Oberle, both Braccini’s and I’m sure others.
BP

Post by BP »

Heard St. Cloud won 8-3 over BSM?
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

BP wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:41 am Heard St. Cloud won 8-3 over BSM?
Another example of lets not read into Summer Hockey too much. BSM was not at full strength (Missing Schweitzer and a few other impact guys) Greenway was missing (Trombley & Miller), Hermantown (Was Missing Biondi), etc...

Summer hockey is usually a goon fest sounds like the Championship game got very chippy and was a PP vs. PK game the whole afternoon. Also, teams in the summer typically roll four lines and 6 D and within that are JV guys. Guys are not in-game shape either. I never read too much into summer scores or Preseason Scrimmages.

Looking at the Bracket to start Head scratcher that St. Cloud won this thing. Great wins over Mahtomedi, Bemidji, and BSM. They might be a surprise in 8AA this year and be a force in Central MN and the CLC. However, I think Mahtomedi, Hermantown, Greenway, and BSM at full strength will be very good this winter!
blueblood

Post by blueblood »

It was St. Cloud Cathedral from 6A, not St. Cloud from 8AA
Play Like a Champion Today
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

blueblood wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:51 am It was St. Cloud Cathedral from 6A, not St. Cloud from 8AA
Pretty sure it was St. Cloud 8AA who won the Invite. Was told Cathedral could not even win the Open division earlier this summer and didn't look that impressive.

I will say this St. Cloud 8AA gets some credit here for 3 quality summer wins depending on how you want to view that.
BP

Post by BP »

blueblood wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:51 am It was St. Cloud Cathedral from 6A, not St. Cloud from 8AA
It was the public school 8AA team from St. Cloud. But summer hockey....